Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCk's Handprints
Josiegirl 03:26 AM 12-11-2013
I'm going to start the dcks' parent gift and am looking for any ideas on how to actually get a good handprint from the littler ones. I have a dcg who's 20 months and she loves the feel of paint and squishes her fingers everywhere so I usually end up with 10 fingers per hand.
Laurel 04:30 AM 12-11-2013
What I do is wet the little one's hand then press it on the construction paper. Then I hurry up and draw around it before it dries. Then they paint it and I cut it out. That way if they go out of the lines when they paint or color it, that part gets cut off. If you want to directly paint their hand, I don't see it as being much different than water though.

After typing the above I re-read your post. Now I see what you mean. I would paint their hand and then I'd take her hand and give it one quick press putting my hand on top of hers and quickly lift it up. If she wants to continue making them by herself just give her another piece of paper to do her thing. I keep one nice one for parents and then let them do as much as they want on other paper.

I hope I explained that so it made sense. Not sure.

Laurel
Play Care 04:36 AM 12-11-2013
I kind of do as Laurel said, though I try to lace my fingers through theirs not so my prints will show, just enough to keep fingers spread.

I also tend to do foot prints with the real littles - much easier!
Scout 05:38 AM 12-11-2013
Last year I tried to make those really cute salt dough Santa's but, I found the recipe very hard to get the right consistency...but, they did make a good handprint and I just cut it in a circle and let the kids paint them. And forgot to hand them out!
Leanna 05:51 AM 12-11-2013
When we make handprint keepsakes for the parents, I paint the little ones hands as opposed to dipping their hand in paint...it makes for a neater print.

I tap the back of their hand to get them to open it up and spread out their fingers.

I place their hand on the paper and apply gentle pressure but don't let them move their hand too much.

After I let them fingerpaint!

Also, I don't worry too much about it being perfect because the "mistakes" are cute too!
lovemykidstoo 07:28 AM 12-11-2013
What kind of handprint crafts are you doing for the parents? Does anyone have one of the saltdough projects in an actual picture so I can see what it looks like?
Maria2013 07:32 AM 12-11-2013
Originally Posted by Play Care:
I kind of do as Laurel said, though I try to lace my fingers through theirs not so my prints will show, just enough to keep fingers spread.

I also tend to do foot prints with the real littles - much easier!
that ^
Scout 08:31 AM 12-11-2013
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/or...3dba7fd66c.jpg

They are so cute~I wrote on them, "this is the hand you used to hold when I was only(fill in) years old!
Scout 08:32 AM 12-11-2013
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
What kind of handprint crafts are you doing for the parents? Does anyone have one of the saltdough projects in an actual picture so I can see what it looks like?
forgot to quote you, see above!
MarinaVanessa 11:01 PM 12-11-2013
What about the no mess ink pads? For me it was easier to do this for my infant because I can flatten his hand first and then put the paper under and press for pressure to get the imprint. At least there's no mess. Only thing is I've never seen it in any other color but black.

http://m.toysrus.com/skava/static/pr...ww.toysrus.com
Josiegirl 03:29 AM 12-12-2013
Thanks everybody
We're painting hands on a ceramic tile in a Christmas tree shape(idea from here!)
I do paint their hands as opposed to dipping them in paint. This particular child loves to feel it all over though. I guess if it doesn't work I can always wash it off and do it again...and again...and again.
lovemykidstoo 04:12 AM 12-12-2013
Originally Posted by Scout:
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/or...3dba7fd66c.jpg

They are so cute~I wrote on them, "this is the hand you used to hold when I was only(fill in) years old!
Very cute!
Maria2013 05:51 AM 12-12-2013
taken that the image shows up, this is my favorite hand/foot print

the image doesn't show, what am I doing wrong?
Blackcat31 08:05 AM 12-12-2013
Originally Posted by Maria2013:

Tell me the steps you are taking to post a picture.

Sometimes if the photo isn't in the right format (jpeg, bmp, jpg etc) the forum doesn't recognize them.

Maybe if you tell me what you are doing, I can let you know if your are missing anything or what the issue may be...
Maria2013 10:32 AM 12-13-2013
I uploaded the image to my album, then I clicked add image and copied the url where it told me to add it
Blackcat31 10:41 AM 12-13-2013
I uploaded the image to my album, then I clicked add image and copied the url where it told me to add it
Fixed it for you.

If you ever have trouble uploading, just give me a shout...I'll help if I can.

I am NOT very tech savvy but I manage.

However, just like math in school, I can get the correct answer but have no idea how to show my work
Maria2013 11:24 AM 12-13-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Fixed it for you.

If you ever have trouble uploading, just give me a shout...I'll help if I can.

I am NOT very tech savvy but I manage.

However, just like math in school, I can get the correct answer but have no idea how to show my work
Thank you so much
Maria2013 11:26 AM 12-13-2013
but I still don't see the image
Blackcat31 01:57 PM 12-13-2013

but I still don't see the image
Can you see it now?
Maria2013 04:43 PM 12-13-2013
nope! I can see that you edited the post but that's it, even the little square that indicate an image was suppose to be there, is gone

can others see the image?
Blackcat31 04:46 PM 12-13-2013
nope! I can see that you edited the post but that's it, even the little square that indicate an image was suppose to be there, is gone

can others see the image?
Check and see if your album ( in your profile) is set to public or private.

If its set to private, no one can see it. I can because I'm a mod.
Maria2013 06:14 PM 12-13-2013
I set the album to "public" I still don't see the image

getting tired yet?
MyAngels 06:26 PM 12-13-2013
I can see the picture
Blackcat31 08:40 PM 12-13-2013
I set the album to "public" I still don't see the image

getting tired yet?
How about now?
Maria2013 02:16 AM 12-14-2013
yay thanks! Can you tell me how to post images like that?

sorry, I totally killed this thread
Josiegirl 04:03 AM 12-14-2013
But we're all learning something.
Just wanted to update: we did the ceramic tiles and their handprints came out great! I simply washed them off if the dck got to squishing her fingers. They're gonna be so cute when they're done.
Tags:painting
Reply Up