Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Here's a funny one :)
cara041083 06:59 AM 01-28-2014
So the family that I have bee posting about that has been causing me so much trouble showed up yesterday morning and was here all day like usual, picked up and everything was fine. Well this morning, they came in and said "can i talk to you for a quick min"? so they proceeded to tell me that they don't have any money to pay me but didn't want to loose me. So they want me to agree to keep watching there daughter, and then when they get there taxes back in March or early April they will pay me what they owe me and give me an extra $25 just for helping them out. I have never felt my back bone grow so fast and I termed them on the spot and kicked them out of my house lol. The nerve of some people. Not only have they made my life hell over the last month, but last year I worked with them on days and pay because she worked retail for minimum wage and I felt bad for them. WOW is all I can say. However, I am grateful that as a new provider I had a family like this because they have showed me that I need to be in control and now I know what to do and not to do. Truly an eye opening and now I feel so free
craftymissbeth 07:02 AM 01-28-2014

A whopping $25? now why weren't you grateful and accept their generous offer? I mean you couldn't possibly need their payment for silly things like shelter, utilities, FOOD...

Humans are a funny species.
mountainside13 07:37 AM 01-28-2014

MyAngels 07:45 AM 01-28-2014
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:

A whopping $25? now why weren't you grateful and accept their generous offer? I mean you couldn't possibly need their payment for silly things like shelter, utilities, FOOD...

We definitely need a "backbone award" smilie.

Good for you . The sooner you learn the hard lessons with regard to handling the parents, the longer and more fulfilling your career in child care will be!
Shell 07:49 AM 01-28-2014

Good for you for using your backbone! You should be very proud
Blackcat31 08:33 AM 01-28-2014
Mmmm, $25? Nope, I don't think so. Buuuut if they offered to let me claim their child on my taxes, I may have considered it.

After all, you seem to be the one providing most of her daily needs as well as the costs of basically raising her...

Sorry, I am feeling rather snarky this morning so I couldn't resist.

Good for you though for simply telling them to go. Enough is enough already.

You will appreciate the lower stress levels now.
SSWonders 08:49 AM 01-28-2014
People never cease to amaze me. So, they are going to go to work until then and tell their employer that they don't need to be paid? I don't think so.
cara041083 08:53 AM 01-28-2014
I couldn't believe it. She tried to tell me it was because they had to many bills to pay. Im sorry, but when I worked my daycare provider was ALWAYS the first bill I paid. With out her, I couldn't work and make money. Then she tried to say I owed her a two week notice and I said "consider it a free out cause Im not gona charge you the two weeks. So you should be thankful" she just looked at me
Laurel 08:54 AM 01-28-2014
Originally Posted by cara041083:
So the family that I have bee posting about that has been causing me so much trouble showed up yesterday morning and was here all day like usual, picked up and everything was fine. Well this morning, they came in and said "can i talk to you for a quick min"? so they proceeded to tell me that they don't have any money to pay me but didn't want to loose me. So they want me to agree to keep watching there daughter, and then when they get there taxes back in March or early April they will pay me what they owe me and give me an extra $25 just for helping them out. I have never felt my back bone grow so fast and I termed them on the spot and kicked them out of my house lol. The nerve of some people. Not only have they made my life hell over the last month, but last year I worked with them on days and pay because she worked retail for minimum wage and I felt bad for them. WOW is all I can say. However, I am grateful that as a new provider I had a family like this because they have showed me that I need to be in control and now I know what to do and not to do. Truly an eye opening and now I feel so free
O.M.G.!!!!

Did they say or do anything else on the way out when the door was hitting them in the butt?

Laurel
Blackcat31 09:00 AM 01-28-2014
I couldn't believe it. She tried to tell me it was because they had to many bills to pay. Im sorry, but when I worked my daycare provider was ALWAYS the first bill I paid. With out her, I couldn't work and make money. Then she tried to say I owed her a two week notice and I said "consider it a free out cause Im not gona charge you the two weeks. So you should be thankful" she just looked at me
You OWED her a 2 week notice? Bawahahaha!!

I just termed a family on the spot Friday too for making false statements about me and claiming neglect but then mom had the nerve to ask why I wasn't giving her a two week notice?!

I was like "seriously?"

....Then yesterday, she went to the police department and "reported" me
cara041083 09:03 AM 01-28-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
You OWED her a 2 week notice? Bawahahaha!!

I just termed a family on the spot Friday too for making false statements about me and claiming neglect but then mom had the nerve to ask why I wasn't giving her a two week notice?!

I was like "seriously?"

....Then yesterday, she went to the police department and "reported" me
Its crazy to me what people do. If you are that horrible, why would you want your child there. I know why, Its because people freak out when they know they just screwed themselves and can't do anything about it lol
cara041083 09:04 AM 01-28-2014
Originally Posted by Laurel:
O.M.G.!!!!

Did they say or do anything else on the way out when the door was hitting them in the butt?

Laurel
She told me that she was going to have to quit her job now because of me. Keep in mind they only actually both worked 1 day a week and the rest of the week one of the parents was off but still brought her to me anyway. Yep I feel really bad
My3cents 10:01 AM 01-28-2014
Wow good for you!
I hope you read these boards often because you will find a ton of useful information that will help you with your business and save you of having to go through a ton of stuff and learn the hard way.

Never would I let a parent stay more then a quick drop off and a quick pick up- For many many reasons. Don't let your emotions fall into the lap of your parents running you- We can feel bad for situations that happen to others with out taking it all on. I care about my parents and their lives but it is not my job to fix their problems. I have my own worries and struggles to attend to. Doesn't mean I don't care but if I asked my parents to pay my bills because I just didn't have it that week- I am sure that would go over like a wet noodle. I wouldn't do that, and clients should not expect special from us either. Its one thing to help, it is another to enable-

Best- and good for you for seeing the light!
My3cents 10:04 AM 01-28-2014

lol.......this made me giggle. I read this in the third person.......made me wonder if your not human and speaking of all of peons. lol....... just struck me funny. I have a very warped sense of humor anyhow-
My3cents 10:06 AM 01-28-2014
good for you!!!
My3cents 10:10 AM 01-28-2014
She told me that she was going to have to quit her job now because of me. Keep in mind they only actually both worked 1 day a week and the rest of the week one of the parents was off but still brought her to me anyway. Yep I feel really bad
yikes I can't help but to keep saying good for you!!

next time don't wait so long to say enough is enough! Your worth more then that.

I would have had the parent caring for their own child and if they wanted that spot they would have been paying me no matter if the child was there or not. Raise your own kid. I am a provider not a babysitter. I provide care for when you are not able to due to being in school or at work!!!
My3cents 10:13 AM 01-28-2014
I think I would have busted a gut and said what job, your one day a week stunt- bull. No go for me- Go take advantage of some other schmuck crazy lady. Poor kiddo- (not poor kiddo enough for me to put up with crazy parent)
melilley 10:16 AM 01-28-2014
Go backbone!

I can't believe she had the nerve to say she couldn't pay you because of their bills! Actually I can, I have a dcp who is always telling me things, I think to make me feel bad and give them a break, But it never works! People never cease to amaze me...and not in a good way...lol
Nebula 10:35 AM 01-28-2014
I will never understand why parents expect free care. I mean come on, you're not a golorified babysitting service, we run a home business. We pay taxes, the whole 9 yards. I wonder if these same people would even think twice about going into a mechanic and expect a free oil change because "they had other bills" would they call their electric company and say sorry, I have to pay for my botox and can't pay you and expect no consequences? No. yet they see home providers as some glorified babysitting service. It's not like we have bills ourselves, or utilities, rent, or food expenses...
MarinaVanessa 10:53 AM 01-28-2014

Some people have some nerve lol. Where's that thread that advertises FREE daycare? Do you all remember that one? The one where the parent must provide everything but gets daycare for free. That thread reminded me of this client when she asked to pay when she got her taxes, I'd be tempted to say yes with the condition that she supply/pay for everything like that other thread listed .
coolconfidentme 11:06 AM 01-28-2014
Its crazy to me what people do. If you are that horrible, why would you want your child there. I know why, Its because people freak out when they know they just screwed themselves and can't do anything about it lol
I had one file a police report on me for going to the bathroom!! No $H!T. Her ex expectantly showed up to drop of DCB & got mad when he didn't see anyone inside & left. Yes.., he walked in here without knocking. (All the kiddos were sleeping btw.) She filed a police report & CPS charges, lol. I now lock the door when I have to go!
Tags:daycare hoppers, exceptions to rules, payment issues
Reply Up