Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Deals? Specials? Lures?
lflick 11:34 AM 07-24-2013
Hello ladies and gents,

When you find yourself in a slow period for getting new families have you ever offered any promos? What worked what didn't? I am finding I am not the only one in my area having difficulty so I am thinking of trying a new tactic by offering a promo to get them in the door. Any suggestions would be awesome!
Blackcat31 01:39 PM 07-24-2013
SugarMagnolia is offering FREE daycare No, really she is. In a good way though...

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63906
spud912 02:10 PM 07-24-2013
Originally Posted by lflick:
Hello ladies and gents,

When you find yourself in a slow period for getting new families have you ever offered any promos? What worked what didn't? I am finding I am not the only one in my area having difficulty so I am thinking of trying a new tactic by offering a promo to get them in the door. Any suggestions would be awesome!
I did one special when I very first opened and I found that it really didn't affect how quickly I got clients. My special was a $10 per week discount if the fees are paid in cash. I guess at the time I was thinking that I don't want to deal with bounced checks and this "special" would eliminate that problem. When I did get a client I really regretted offering the special because then I was stuck with the lower rates. I'm hoping that someone else has some better experiences and insight....it could have just been the time and the fact I was not too business savvy on how to offer a short-term special .
daycare 02:34 PM 07-24-2013
I am also doing a week free of care........New clients will get one week of free care after they have paid for three weeks prior......

So far no bites. But I kind of see this all the time out here.....there is a LOT of competition out my way...
Tags:deals, free childcare
Reply Up