Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>So I'm Doing FFFFRRRREEEEEEEEEEE
Sugar Magnolia 06:07 PM 07-23-2013
Yep, just wrote FREE WEEK OF CHILD CARE on my windows in bright yellow. I also put it on my website. And on the back of my car that already has a decal with the website.

"New clients will receive their 9th week of care free. Must pay first 8 weeks in full. Existing clients will receive a free week of care if they refer a new client who stays enrolled for 90 days or more"

Yeah, my usual fall enrollment is going slowly.

Crazy? Effective? How will people try to rip me off?
Reply
daycare 06:09 PM 07-23-2013
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
Yep, just wrote FREE WEEK OF CHILD CARE on my windows in bright yellow. I also put it on my website. And on the back of my car that already has a decal with the website.

"New clients will receive their 9th week of care free. Must pay first 8 weeks in full. Existing clients will receive a free week of care if they refer a new client who stays enrolled for 90 days or more"

Yeah, my usual fall enrollment is going slowly.

Crazy? Effective? How will people try to rip me off?
we must be on the same wave....I am doing the same...but I put 4th week free........

Ugh I hope we covered our butt right.....lol
Reply
Sugar Magnolia 06:13 PM 07-23-2013
Originally Posted by daycare:
we must be on the same wave....I am doing the same...but I put 4th week free........

Ugh I hope we covered our butt right.....lol
Really? Wow. Weird coincidence! ! Here we go.......into the unknown!
Reply
Sugar Magnolia 06:16 PM 07-23-2013
How are you advertising it, daycare?
Reply
juliebug 06:18 PM 07-23-2013
i have seen some centers around here do it let us know how it works! i hope you get lots of enrollment
Reply
daycare 06:39 PM 07-23-2013
I have it advertised one week free.. Then of course the small writing says when you have paid for three full weeks prior,
the 4 th is free...

I have not covered all of the what happens if you are terminated from care yet. Stil getting all that in there. I posted it last night on my website and online ads.
So far no bites yet.....
Reply
Sugar Magnolia 06:45 PM 07-23-2013
Originally Posted by juliebug:
i have seen some centers around here do it let us know how it works! i hope you get lots of enrollment
Thank you Juliebug!
Reply
Sugar Magnolia 06:53 PM 07-23-2013
Originally Posted by daycare:
I have it advertised one week free.. Then of course the small writing says when you have paid for three full weeks prior,
the 4 th is free...

I have not covered all of the what happens if you are terminated from care yet. Stil getting all that in there. I posted it last night on my website and online ads.
So far no bites yet.....
I can have banners and window art. I just write on the windows with that window chalk stuff. I have a wall in front too. The wall is actually city property, but when it got vandalized by graffiti, repainting it was "my problem". Grrrr. You KNOW if I try to hang a banner on it, that will be "their problem". Lol

Maybe send my PITA teen son to sign spin on the major road that is 3 blocks away.
Reply
daycare 06:55 PM 07-23-2013
Ooh that is a great idea. Ill send mine to you too. He left his retainer in his clothing pocket and I put It through the washer nd dryer. So it's ruined. He says I have to replace it. I laughed at him and said get a job. I will be in miami in 3 weeks actually. Ill drop him off to spin signs.

That's a Really good idea actually. I like your thinking.
Reply
Sugar Magnolia 07:01 PM 07-23-2013
Omg on the retainer!!! Mine hasn't pulled that one......yet.

Miami is only 3 hours away! Come say hi!
Reply
daycare 07:03 PM 07-23-2013
lol yeah a new one is $300 but we spent almost $6500 on his mouth so I think I might have to bite the bullet on it this time and get it. he claims his teeth are already moving.

are you north or south of Miami? I will get to go to the keys one day for a boat trip
Reply
Sugar Magnolia 07:12 PM 07-23-2013
Originally Posted by daycare:
lol yeah a new one is $300 but we spent almost $6500 on his mouth so I think I might have to bite the bullet on it this time and get it. he claims his teeth are already moving.

are you north or south of Miami? I will get to go to the keys one day for a boat trip
Everything is north if Miami!! EXCEPT THE KEYS I'm south of.Tampa, but I'm sure your vacation will be waaaaay more fun!!!!
Reply
daycare 07:24 PM 07-23-2013
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:


Everything is north if Miami!! EXCEPT THE KEYS I'm south of.Tampa, but I'm sure your vacation will be waaaaay more fun!!!!
lol true....well let me ask this.......do you think that there is anything that could backfire with our FREE idea? I keep thinking that some smarties pants is going to come along and find a loophole some how...Gosh I sound negative don't I......lol
Reply
daycarediva 05:49 AM 07-24-2013
I did this last year and it worked out SUPER well! I got 2 referrals, and I gave the parents a paper with a 'coupon' for the free week of child care and the dates it would be effective if the new clients stayed and had them sign a copy for my records. I put in the coupon form that if they gave notice before or during the free period, the discount was void.

Incoming clients got the same type of 'coupon' with the dates it would be effective. BOTH of my referred clients are still here, a year later!
Reply
Meeko 06:26 AM 07-24-2013
I do 4th week free all the time as a sign up incentive. It's worked very well for me. Three weeks must be paid in full and on time in order to qualify.
Reply
Sugar Magnolia 06:47 AM 07-24-2013
I wonder if 2 months is too long? I'll try 4 weeks I think....
Reply
Sereetta 05:03 PM 07-24-2013
So excited I saw this post!!! I will be trying this tomorrow!
Reply
EntropyControlSpecialist 05:18 PM 07-24-2013
I tried this last year and got no bites! I didn't have any interest until this deal was over. One person signed up but that was coincidentally because they were waiting to be hired by a company and their timing was just right...they were happy.
Reply
Jack Sprat 06:46 PM 07-24-2013
I love this idea! I am doing this!
Reply
Sugar Magnolia 05:02 AM 07-26-2013
3 full days......no calls, no emails. Put an ad on CL......5 SPAMS!
I wrote "Free Week" on the back of my.car.....got a nasty letter from my homeowners association about my "commercial vehicle".
Sooooo....... Not going well.
But you can bet every single one of my current families is.asking.where THEIR free week is. Me: "it's a referral bonus......." Sad face.
Reply
Blackcat31 07:55 AM 07-26-2013
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
3 full days......no calls, no emails. Put an ad on CL......5 SPAMS!
I wrote "Free Week" on the back of my.car.....got a nasty letter from my homeowners association about my "commercial vehicle".
Sooooo....... Not going well.
But you can bet every single one of my current families is.asking.where THEIR free week is. Me: "it's a referral bonus......." Sad face.
Well then, you learned something very valuable....


If your current families want the free week too, offer it to them but tell them it also comes with a BIG rate increase so they are financially better off, staying at the rate they are at now and NOT taking a free week....but hey, up to them.

Hang in there....hoping things pick up for you soon!
Reply
Sugar Magnolia 09:38 AM 07-26-2013
I told current families they could earn a free week by referring new clients who.stayed 60 days or.so. Still sad faced.
I think what I learned is craigslist is spam-a-licious.
Did get one.call from the CL ad....lady CRYING because her babysitter quit and.she.just wants her free week. She clearly didn't read (or didn't care) that it was.valid only after enrolling.and.staying on. Just wanted FREE.....NOW. Them accused me of being "greedy".
Reply
Tags:free childcare
Reply Up