Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Octopus Dogs
AnythingsPossible 10:22 AM 01-31-2012
So I found a super cute idea for cutting hotdogs in spheres, then sticking spaghetti noodles through them and cooking them. Now that I have them cooking, I am stumped as to how they are going to eat them. Thinking it was better in theory then in practice. Any ideas?
Heidi 11:03 AM 01-31-2012
lol....that sounds like a challenge!

It also sounds fun, but I don't use food as a toy. I'm old-school on that one.
Blackcat31 11:09 AM 01-31-2012
Here is another thread about these: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35817
AnythingsPossible 11:58 AM 01-31-2012
I wasnt sure if it was on here that I saw them or now. I ended up just giving the rounds to the bigger kids, and cutting them in half for the littler ones. They thought they were fun to eat. They didn't use them as toys, just ate them. No dip for my group.
Though definately more work then what is was worth!
Ariana 12:01 PM 01-31-2012
We learned in CPR/First aid that hotdogs are the #1 choking hazard for kids because they're the perfect size for their throats. Definately slice them up the middle no matter what Just an FYI for anyone reading!!
Michael 01:14 PM 01-31-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Here is another thread about these: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35817
ha, you beat me to it. You are getting to know this forum as good as me.

Blackcat31 01:41 PM 01-31-2012
Originally Posted by Michael:
Yeah, I am looking for a new job direction!! LOL!!

I would have added the pictures too but I am not as good as you.....yet
Crazy8 01:51 PM 01-31-2012
I saw those on Pinterest a while back, looked cute but I hate boiled hot dogs so I haven't tried it.
AmyLeigh 01:55 PM 01-31-2012
I do a different style of octopus dogs for my children. It's kinda hard to explain, but I cut the hot dog lengthwise half way, turn it and cut again halfway. That way you have a head and 4 legs. I've done it more authentically to make 8 legs, that's a tough one, but it can be done. Then when the dogs are cooked, the 'legs' curl up. I served it with home made mac & cheese made from seashell pasta and french cut green bean "seaweed." Too fun!!!
Blackcat31 02:01 PM 01-31-2012
Originally Posted by AmyLeigh:
I do a different style of octopus dogs for my children. It's kinda hard to explain, but I cut the hot dog lengthwise half way, turn it and cut again halfway. That way you have a head and 4 legs. I've done it more authentically to make 8 legs, that's a tough one, but it can be done. Then when the dogs are cooked, the 'legs' curl up. I served it with home made mac & cheese made from seashell pasta and french cut green bean "seaweed." Too fun!!!
Like this?
AmyLeigh 02:44 PM 01-31-2012
Yes!!!!! The kids love it. If the 'legs' are cut before cooking, they get really curly. Too cute!
Kaddidle Care 02:56 PM 01-31-2012
Originally Posted by Michael:

BTW I tried these at home. And I was the only one willing to eat them.
Tags:fun food, fun stuff, hot dogs, interesting, pasta
Reply Up