Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advice On Sick Kids...HELP!!!
Tdhmom 04:23 PM 04-16-2014
Twin dck's, the dcb was sick today (fever and vomiting). So for tomorrow she's wanting to take him to her mother in laws and the dcg to my house. Do you guys let dcm's do this?! Personally, I don't want to spend Easter sick. I'm thinking that's what we're asking for by allowing her to do this. What do you all think??
Tdhmom 04:25 PM 04-16-2014
Meant to add that the dcg stayed home with sick brother and dcm today.
Cradle2crayons 04:27 PM 04-16-2014
Originally Posted by Tdhmom:
Twin dck's, the dcb was sick today (fever and vomiting). So for tomorrow she's wanting to take him to her mother in laws and the dcg to my house. Do you guys let dcm's do this?! Personally, I don't want to spend Easter sick. I'm thinking that's what we're asking for by allowing her to do this. What do you all think??
What's your policy on sibling illnesses??
preschoolteacher 05:46 PM 04-16-2014
I know how you feel because I have a sibling set that's always sick, but never at the same time. One threw up at noon and parents picked just that kid up, and then the sibling who stayed at daycare vomited later that day. It's frustrating because I know there's a huge chance the sibling without symptoms will be developing them later, and meanwhile spreading all the germs to everyone else. BUT I get the family's predicament, too... I'm torn about a sibling exclusion policy.
jenn 07:06 PM 04-16-2014
My sibling policy states that if one is kept home for illness, the other(s) must stay home as well. Most parents understand, as it just helps limit exposure to germs.
Blackcat31 07:33 PM 04-16-2014
Siblings are individuals so only the one with symptoms is excluded here.

Here is another thread about siblings and illness exclusions
https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69646
Tdhmom 07:43 PM 04-16-2014
Thank you all! And blackcat that thread was very helpful!

I ended up going with my gut and having her keep dcg home as well. I can't afford for all my families to get it. If it wasn't a 4 day weekend with Easter then I wouldn't be so selfish. But I REALLY don't want to spend my nice long break with the stomach flu
DaisyMamma 06:59 AM 04-17-2014
Originally Posted by Tdhmom:
Thank you all! And blackcat that thread was very helpful!

I ended up going with my gut and having her keep dcg home as well. I can't afford for all my families to get it. If it wasn't a 4 day weekend with Easter then I wouldn't be so selfish. But I REALLY don't want to spend my nice long break with the stomach flu

Good for you.
I can't stand it when parents send one kid for any reason.
Reply Up