Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thank You:)
Unregistered 12:05 PM 01-25-2012
after reading around on this site I discovered that I am not comfortable putting my 2nd old son in independent, "mom" owned daycare.

good luck for the few of you who sound lovely. I hope you continue to nurture those kids.

to the rest of you, continue your daily bitch session on this forum, while the kids run around and do awful things you can post here! don't worry, if theyoffer you little inspiration; bitch about the parents, or my post
AfterSchoolMom 12:31 PM 01-25-2012

Mary Poppins 12:33 PM 01-25-2012
Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:

sharlan 12:44 PM 01-25-2012
You can't judge family home daycares from what you read here anymore than we can judge all parents from what we read here.

There are some absolute wonderful home daycares and some fantastic centers. Sadly, there are a whole lot of bad on all sides of the fence - home daycare, daycare centers, and parents.

Personallly, I am against centers because they lack the one on one care that I prefer to provide. I do know that there are fantastic ones out there though.
Breezy 12:45 PM 01-25-2012
Hmmmmm, alright then.
wdmmom 12:56 PM 01-25-2012
The feeling's mutual honey! Anyone with gall like you don't have a place in my home!
SilverSabre25 01:05 PM 01-25-2012
I'd be terribly curious to know what "awful things" have been posted recently that have you up in arms... it's all been relatively benign lately, parent-related. Not much kid stuff. We don't really post "terrible things" the kids have done...we post obnoxious things *parents* have done but we can't fix that. Very little of what gets posted is stuff that is preventable...and if it's something that needs fixed, we're usually asking for *help*.

I'd LOVE to know what terrible things get said 'round the water cooler at YOUR place of employ...pretty much no matter what job you do, you have customers, clients, or employers who need bitching about sometimes. Same thing here, darlin'.
SilverSabre25 01:06 PM 01-25-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
after reading around on this site I discovered that I am not comfortable putting my 2nd old son in independent, "mom" owned daycare.
btw, are you comfortable putting your 3rd oldest son in independent, mom-owned daycare?

I'm sorry, I'm having a snarky day and I'm taking it out on the internet before the end of nap...
PitterPatter 01:26 PM 01-25-2012

good luck for the few of you who sound lovely. I hope you continue to nurture those kids.

to the rest of you, continue your daily bitch session on this forum, while the kids run around and do awful things you can post here! don't worry, if theyoffer you little inspiration; bitch about the parents, or my post
Hmm I gotta wonder if this was just planted to stir the pot.

If genuine, good luck out there Mama. Every provider has negative opinions on negative parents. Some just don't share as much is all. Good luck finding the perfect center for your little darling.
SilverSabre25 01:28 PM 01-25-2012
Originally Posted by PitterPatter:
Hmm I gotta wonder if this was just planted to stir the pot.

If genuine, good luck out there Mama. Every provider has negative opinions on negative parents. Some just don't share as much is all. Good luck finding the perfect center for your little darling.
If it was, it wasn't planted by the same pot-stirrer who is stirring in other places right now. Might be genuine though, we've seen these around here before.
Zoe 01:30 PM 01-25-2012
Wow. And it's not even Friday! Don't feed the troll people!
daycare 01:36 PM 01-25-2012
well i guess they are entitled to their own opinion of us, just as we are of them.

I don't feed into post like this, because until they have worked or lived a day in our shoes, they have NO idea what our job is like.

This is our water cooler place to have conversations...Don't like the heat, stay outta the kitchen...
mrsp'slilpeeps 01:52 PM 01-25-2012
Maybe it's the same person who was wondering who is watching the kids while we sit on our arses all day, eat bon bon's and write stuff on Daycare.com!

But anyway, YOUR WELCOME! I hope you have learned how to be a wonderful DCM!
godiva83 02:55 PM 01-25-2012
Darn it I really was thrown by the smiley face -- thought this was a positive thread!
Anyway, I wish you all the best finding the best care to suit your child's and your own needs and wants.
dave4him 03:00 PM 01-25-2012
hmmmmmmm
Kaddidle Care 03:10 PM 01-25-2012

wow That's what makes the world go 'round.
laundrymom 03:37 PM 01-25-2012
Takes all kinds of monkeys to make a circus
SilverSabre25 03:47 PM 01-25-2012
Originally Posted by mrsp'slilpeeps:
Maybe it's the same person who was wondering who is watching the kids while we sit on our arses all day, eat bon bon's and write stuff on Daycare.com!

But anyway, YOUR WELCOME! I hope you have learned how to be a wonderful DCM!
It doesn't seem to be the same person...but that doesn't mean they aren't connected somehow!
Christian Mother 04:58 PM 01-25-2012
I would really love to know what parents want from the provider? What would be the "Perfect Provider"....teachers are on the computer and I got a call from my sons teacher just before they came in from recess...I have a teachers 2 children in my care and to tell you the truth...this sight is educational for me and my business. It def. makes me be a better provider to my parents and their kids. I learn every day how to deal with diff. situations or I have a safe place to go if I need advise. I am not on here all the time but even if I was the kids are right in here with me. Yes, us ladies and gentleman talk...we are like coworkers. By the way...off subject...I'm reading "The Help"....LOVING IT!!!
laundrymom 05:12 PM 01-25-2012
Originally Posted by Christian Mother:
I would really love to know what parents want from the provider? What would be the "Perfect Provider"....teachers are on the computer and I got a call from my sons teacher just before they came in from recess...I have a teachers 2 children in my care and to tell you the truth...this sight is educational for me and my business. It def. makes me be a better provider to my parents and their kids. I learn every day how to deal with diff. situations or I have a safe place to go if I need advise. I am not on here all the time but even if I was the kids are right in here with me. Yes, us ladies and gentleman talk...we are like coworkers. By the way...off subject...I'm reading "The Help"....LOVING IT!!!
Loved the help.
Meeko 07:24 PM 01-25-2012
Thanks for the chuckle!!!

Fact is honey....if you stand at the water cooler at your work, you're going to hear what a terrible boss Mike is and what a sl*t every girl in the typing pool is. You'll hear that Sara in accounting is dating Bob in production...who's married...it goes on all over America.

This is our water cooler. Where we can come to blow off steam, or to ask for some advise from our friends.

I have both learned a lot from this forum and I have been able to vent when a parent thinks it's OK to let her little sweetie smear chocolate all over my couch... etc.

You may be a very good parent with a very well behaved child. You may treat other people well and not take advantage.

But you are not the only type around. We love parents who are good!!!

But we also deal with parents who are rude, dishonest, dirty, abusive to their children, the list goes on. It's sad, but true. So we come here to vent, cry, laugh and go back to doing what we do well.....loving the kids.

Most of us love our job. You may like yours too, but I bet there's days when you gripe about it to your co-workers. We're no different.
dave4him 07:30 PM 01-25-2012
Would you rather have us tell your child how crazy they are?
Michelle 07:53 PM 01-25-2012
We spend all day on this forum because we used to spend all day doing online gambling while watching kids...so we think this is better!

melskids 03:16 AM 01-26-2012
I don't know why you guys even respond. You all know its probably some 40 year old loser in his mommy's basement who hasnt had a date since the 3rd grade, and his best friend is a gerbil named Mr. Baxter. He obviously has no life and nothing better to do then to come on this forum and harrass providers he doesn't know, in a profession he knows nothing about. Probably the most action he's had with a group of women. Ever.
Meyou 04:05 AM 01-26-2012
Originally Posted by melskids:
I don't know why you guys even respond. You all know its probably some 40 year old loser in his mommy's basement who hasnt had a date since the 3rd grade, and his best friend is a gerbil named Mr. Baxter. He obviously has no life and nothing better to do then to come on this forum and harrass providers he doesn't know, in a profession he knows nothing about. Probably the most action he's had with a group of women. Ever.
I think that's a little harsh. He COULD have a BFF on an internet gaming site that he talks to everyday all day long on his sparkly game headset.
melissa ann 04:51 AM 01-26-2012
oh, darn for all of us "mom" run daycares. The daycare center that you choose will be so LUCKY to have you for a daycare parent.
Unregistered 05:56 AM 01-26-2012
I think it's a legitimate response after reading here and it's funny how a lot of providers just roll their eyes and call people trolls when these kinds of posts come up. I started reading here when I was unhappy with our first home daycare and have learned a lot. I, too, went through a stage of, "OMG, I'm NEVER going to use another home daycare after reading the posts here." Fortunately, we were able to find a good home daycare, one that we love. I continue to read here because I strive to be one of the good parents and feel checking in here helps me do that. It has taught me a lot about home daycare providers, both in a positive and negative way. Some of the negativity is quite off-putting, to be honest. I see some providers who do nothing but complain. Others are very fair and have some really good ideas. Those are the ones who have earned my respect.
countrymom 06:18 AM 01-26-2012
thats why sometimes I think this section should be closed because of the crazies. Let them read the parent part of this forum. We can post in there what we want in a parent let them read that.
Ariana 06:28 AM 01-26-2012
OMG I nearly died at this

NO thank YOU OP for providing this thread of laughs
Meeko 06:34 AM 01-26-2012
I love a giggle early in the morning! Thanks ladies!!
My3cents 07:02 AM 01-26-2012

Be off, before someone drops a house on you too!

Thanks for the giggles Coworkers-

The Help- did not read the book but the movie was good.
MyAngels 07:11 AM 01-26-2012
Originally Posted by Meyou:
I think that's a little harsh. He COULD have a BFF on an internet gaming site that he talks to everyday all day long on his sparkly game headset.
Dang it, I just distracted the kids from their puzzles by laughing so hard .
Springdaze 07:31 AM 01-26-2012
I can kind of understand why someone would think all it is on here is complaining, but then who posts "boy, did i have a normal, uneventful day today!"

Wait til the kid gets to public school, all you can do there is pretty much grin and bear it!
Breezy 07:35 AM 01-26-2012
Originally Posted by My3cents:

Now I want to watch The Wizard of Oz. *off to browse netflix* (kids are taking their morning nap and cutie home security guy is installing my video camera- im not neglecting my dcks lol)
Daycaremomof2 07:54 AM 01-26-2012

Aaaaaaand.... what exactly is YOUR child doing right this second, as you take the time to criticize people you don't know? All of my "kids" are currently taking turns reading to eachother, and acting out the stories that they have read. I can see them right in front of me, and if I was involved in this current activity, I would distract their beautiful play, hence the spare moment to respond to your ignorant comment.

Have fun at your daycare center I am sure your son will get used to the high turnover, and it will be great for his immune system to be exposed to such a multitude of viruses and bacteria.

Gotta run- it's almost time to for our spanish lesson for the day.

Best of luck.
littlemissmuffet 08:02 AM 01-26-2012

Good for you! Are you going to stay home and raise your own child? That's lovely!! Your child and you will really benefit from you becoming a stay-at-home mother.

Oh... unless you meant you were going to put your son in a center... because I promise you, they bitch just as much
Crystal 08:10 AM 01-26-2012

I get what you're saying. But, please, keep in mind, there are always going to be a few bad apples.......many of us are very loving, caring, nurturing providers that have the best interests of the children AND their families at heart.
beachgrl 12:46 PM 01-26-2012
Originally Posted by countrymom:
thats why sometimes I think this section should be closed because of the crazies. Let them read the parent part of this forum. We can post in there what we want in a parent let them read that.
Indeed!
SilverSabre25 12:53 PM 01-26-2012
Originally Posted by Meyou:
Hey now...don't hate on the sparkly game headset...I have one! And I use it a lot too. Well, to be fair, mine doesn't sparkle. but I do use it a lot to play Dungeons and Dragon Online.

(My usual party members are my DH, my sisters, my BIL, and his brother). We also play Civilization IV online together once a week.

My sisters and I actually got together the other night to play DDO together in my living room

Not all gamers are losers...just some of them.

And I also play board games...someday I'll show you all pics of my laundry room. Half of the stuff in there is daycare stuff...the other half is board games.

Yep, I'm a geek. Big Bang Theory is my life...and sometimes my friends and I actually talk like that. Well, we're not physicists so not *exactly* like that but close.
SilverSabre25 12:54 PM 01-26-2012
And for the record, we mods are on top of the current slew of unregistered postings. We even know who is doing a lot of them.
dEHmom 12:56 PM 01-26-2012
I think it's a legitimate response after reading here and it's funny how a lot of providers just roll their eyes and call people trolls when these kinds of posts come up. I started reading here when I was unhappy with our first home daycare and have learned a lot. I, too, went through a stage of, "OMG, I'm NEVER going to use another home daycare after reading the posts here." Fortunately, we were able to find a good home daycare, one that we love. I continue to read here because I strive to be one of the good parents and feel checking in here helps me do that. It has taught me a lot about home daycare providers, both in a positive and negative way. Some of the negativity is quite off-putting, to be honest. I see some providers who do nothing but complain. Others are very fair and have some really good ideas. Those are the ones who have earned my respect.
Thank you, this is what the forum is here for. To LEARN from it.

As for the original poster, you are "nay'ing" the daycare homes and providers because of the way some of the posters behave on here. But in all fairness, the disrespect you showed in that post gives those very same providers the same opinion of you.

Sometimes things get a little crazy on here, but no matter what, the purpose of this forum is to help parents and providers learn from mistakes, prevent mistakes, and to grow. Take what you want out of it, and leave the rest behind.

eta: every person is entitled to have bad days and good days. we don't ever show, or at least i hope not, this to the children, but therefore we need to let that steam off somewhere else. so we come here, as most of us don't have understanding and supportive husbands who have all evening to sit here listening to us bitch and cry.
greenhouse 01:08 PM 01-26-2012
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
And for the record, we mods are on top of the current slew of unregistered postings. We even know who is doing a lot of them.
If it helps ,I'll claim an ur post today- but not any of the weird ones. I just wanted a private vent post
saved4always 03:32 PM 01-26-2012
Cannot. Stop. Laughing.!!!!!!!!!!!!
saved4always 03:38 PM 01-26-2012
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Hey now...don't hate on the sparkly game headset...I have one! And I use it a lot too. Well, to be fair, mine doesn't sparkle. but I do use it a lot to play Dungeons and Dragon Online.

(My usual party members are my DH, my sisters, my BIL, and his brother). We also play Civilization IV online together once a week.

My sisters and I actually got together the other night to play DDO together in my living room

Not all gamers are losers...just some of them.

And I also play board games...someday I'll show you all pics of my laundry room. Half of the stuff in there is daycare stuff...the other half is board games.

Yep, I'm a geek. Big Bang Theory is my life...and sometimes my friends and I actually talk like that. Well, we're not physicists so not *exactly* like that but close.
My husband LOVE Big Bang Theory...watches it on dvr every night...funny, funny show!
Christian Mother 03:47 PM 01-26-2012
If you want to be taken seriously register. Trolls are what we call people scared to really voice their thoughts...and trust me providers get just as much grief here as the unregistered only that the unregistered are never really taken seriously but add amusement to the forum. You want the voice to be heard register. Parents are wanted on here too and we like feedback...you aren't happy about something ask it. You don't like the way providers think about things...ask about it. Don't assume every provider is bad...because I know plenty that are great and if you think that providers don't talk...your wrong. No one here is hiding out where out in the open...feel free to join us.

Originally Posted by My3cents:

Read it Read it!! I watch the movie first also but I wanted to get in deep and this book is deep...it's sooo good!! And every chapter I'm laughing!!
Unregistered 04:24 PM 01-26-2012
Originally Posted by Christian Mother:
If you want to be taken seriously register. Trolls are what we call people scared to really voice their thoughts...and trust me providers get just as much grief here as the unregistered only that the unregistered are never really taken seriously but add amusement to the forum. You want the voice to be heard register. Parents are wanted on here too and we like feedback...you aren't happy about something ask it. You don't like the way providers think about things...ask about it. Don't assume every provider is bad...because I know plenty that are great and if you think that providers don't talk...your wrong. No one here is hiding out where out in the open...feel free to join us.

Read it Read it!! I watch the movie first also but I wanted to get in deep and this book is deep...it's sooo good!! And every chapter I'm laughing!!
I see that a lot, about guests not registering. What's the difference, really? Is it better if I hide behind a screen name instead?
Tags:catty, judgmental, misunderstanding, parents - are clueless, unfair, venting
Reply Up