Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>UGH!!!! Found MARKER on Furniture Downstairs and On the Wall!!!
sahm2three 07:57 PM 04-19-2011
NO idea where the marker came from or where it is now. But one of my dcg's wrote her NAME on the furniture and drew a 5 foot line on nice wainscoting in my basement!!! The older kids are allowed to play down there without constant supervision, and that is where they watch their movie at nap time. I cannot believe one of the other kids didn't tell on her. I am PISSED. It had to have happened today. It was super hectic with having a sick kiddo here most of the day as I couldn't get ahold of anyone to come get him. Soooooo, what takes black marker off of painted furniture and stained and varnished wood????? AND, how would you handle this situation??? For one thing, she is NO longer allowed downstairs unsupervised 100%. What else???
missnikki 10:43 PM 04-19-2011
Depends on the type of marker. On the painted stuff, I would try soapy water, then magic eraser, then paint. On the varnished wood, you might try those things, but ultimately you may be sanding it down to varnish over. As far as the girl, you might want to show the parents and ask if they would be willing to pitch in for repairs/cleaning.
daycare 12:17 AM 04-20-2011
Iwould get just mild soap and water and make her clean it. Even if it's not going to actually clean it. Give her a tooth brush or a rag and make her wash. I am assuming she is older? Do the crime do the time..
Also I would start putting all pens out of reach of everyone. And this child would not get markers for sometime at my house. I would also sit the child down and let her know how it made you feel, along with a nice reminder that we only draw on paper.
I would also tell the parent
sahm2three 09:36 AM 04-27-2011
What the heck happened to this post? There were a LOT more responses. Weird!
SilverSabre25 09:44 AM 04-27-2011
They were probably lost in the database crash.
Cat Herder 09:45 AM 04-27-2011
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
What the heck happened to this post? There were a LOT more responses. Weird!
The forum lost 7 days of posts last night... crashed.
MamaBear 10:35 AM 04-27-2011
I had a permanent red marker line on my light beige carpet yesterday... I used warm water with dish soap on a washrag and it took it off. Maybe because I found it early on. I've had marker on the wall and tried scrubbing it off before with 409 and windex with a little coming off... ended up having to paint over it again.

I had a kid put permanent marker on my LEATHER couch once...arghhh... I was able to get it off with a little bit of my alcohol sanitizing hand stuff and some pledge dusting spray. Now I hide all my markers far far away!
Tags:graffiti, marked walls
Reply Up