Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Outdoor/Park/Walk Bag
jojosmommy 10:26 AM 05-11-2011
Does anyone have one and what do they have in it?

We have a small first aid kit, emergency numbers, extra sunscreen, wipes and 1-2 baby toys. I made a list and think I need to add some things just in case.

We aren't far from a park so I don't bother to bring water and a cooler. If we need to go back for drinks we do so- plus we arent out when its really hot.

What else do you think is a MUST in the outdoor bag?
WImom 11:03 AM 05-11-2011
Kleenex is in mine. Extra set of house keys as well. I'm always afraid I'm going to lock us out.
dEHmom 11:04 AM 05-11-2011
-diapers
-depending how many kids, 1-2 spare pants to change into (sometimes accidents happen, even in older kids. i know mine don't have to go to bathroom and right in the middle of playing, they have to go)
-epi pen if anyone is allergic or just incase for stings

that's all i can think of right now.
Cat Herder 11:32 AM 05-11-2011
PP covered most but, also mustard packets for bee/wasp stings.

Never fails to happen here and NOTHING stops the pain faster.
Blackcat31 11:36 AM 05-11-2011
Our has:

laminated index cards with EVERY kids parent contact and other info on a ring
my cell phone
travel sized first aid kit
wet wipes
a couple baggies (for treasures we find on the way )
diapers if I have young ones
water bottles for all (I put them in the compartment in the wagon or stroller)
kleenex/papertowel
handsanitizer
camera
PitterPatter 12:01 PM 05-11-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
PP covered most but, also mustard packets for bee/wasp stings.

Never fails to happen here and NOTHING stops the pain faster.
Really? Mustard? never heard of that thank u! I always have the little viles u snap and it has green med in it... I can't recall the name. I will have to try that thanks so much for the idea!!

Just to the local playground we take a mini prepacked travel 1st aid kit, 1 of those ice packs u bang or throw on the ground to activate, hand sanitizer. Those stay in a little purse that I grab on the go. We also take kids water bottles frozen so it melts as we go, my cell phone, and keys. That's it I travel light, unless we head to the park/swimming etc. Then I have a HUGE beach bag full of stuff.
cherryhill 12:34 PM 05-11-2011
Originally Posted by jojosmommy:
Does anyone have one and what do they have in it?

We have a small first aid kit, emergency numbers, extra sunscreen, wipes and 1-2 baby toys. I made a list and think I need to add some things just in case.

We aren't far from a park so I don't bother to bring water and a cooler. If we need to go back for drinks we do so- plus we arent out when its really hot.

What else do you think is a MUST in the outdoor bag?
My park is about a five minute walk. I take to a grassy area no play equipment. I pull them in a wagon. I take their sippy cups, snack, pampers, wipes, an extra bottle of water, sun block, balls, sand bucket and a blanket. We try to stay out there for 1.5-2 hours just chasing the ball. My group is small I have four kids all 2.
heyhun77 08:45 PM 05-11-2011
I usually have crayons and pads of paper in the field trip backpack, some books, definately a diaper or 2 for each who wears them, a full package of wipes, some snacks (I usually fill up a tall container - like the ones the baby puffy things are in - with cheerios or goldfish), I also have an extra key in case we get locked out, money for a pay phone and bus fare in case we walk a bit farther than we can really get back.

If I have infants I put a bottle pre-measured with water and then the formula dispenser container pre-measured, a bib/burp cloth, extra pacifiers.

Oh, I also have a changing pad and fold-up potty seat in our backpack along with sanitizing wipes and a travel-sized bottle of hand sanitizer.
Abigail 09:34 PM 05-11-2011
Tweezer for slivers--probably in your first aid kit already. I would bring along some magnifying glasses for nature searching as well.
Tags:walker bag
Reply Up