Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thank You Cards For DCP?
thetoddlerwhisper 09:55 AM 10-30-2013
i had a dcm who came in this morning and spent 2hours here while we were doing pumpkin carving and then read to the kids while i got lunch stuff ready. it was 2 hours out of her wednesday that she didnt have to give but was a massive help esp with my new little guy who is delayed. i feel like she deserves a card or something from the kids and myself but unsure if i should do card or something more personal?
BrooklynM 10:06 AM 10-30-2013
I think that is really nice of you! I think she would probably love a homeade card from you and the kids. Homeade cards to me are the best!
melilley 10:08 AM 10-30-2013
Originally Posted by BrooklynM:
I think that is really nice of you! I think she would probably love a homeade card from you and the kids. Homeade cards to me are the best!
I was going to say this, you beat me to it!
kitkat 11:42 AM 10-30-2013
Yes! Yes! Yes! I wish I would have had an extra hand carving pumpkins with my own kids. I'm a strong believer in thank you notes and after reading about some of the parents that others deal with, this dcm sounds great and should be told. I'm sure she would love cards from the kids and a note from you. If you are short on time, just do one card and have the kids dictate a message for you to write.
itlw8 12:42 PM 10-30-2013
It makes me feel so great when I get a thank you in the mail. not email snail mail. And to also get something from the children HOME RUN
Blackcat31 01:44 PM 10-30-2013
Originally Posted by athacker:
i had a dcm who came in this morning and spent 2hours here while we were doing pumpkin carving and then read to the kids while i got lunch stuff ready. it was 2 hours out of her wednesday that she didnt have to give but was a massive help esp with my new little guy who is delayed. i feel like she deserves a card or something from the kids and myself but unsure if i should do card or something more personal?
Why not give her a small credit on her next invoice?

Money says "thank you" much louder than anything else now days.
blessed mom 01:52 PM 10-30-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

ya but then she might start expecting it and "helping" a lot more! LOL
thetoddlerwhisper 02:05 PM 10-30-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

i wish i had influence over her invoice. she def deserves it. she out right now getting last minute stuff for our party. we are looking at her as a new assistant teacher. shes out of work right now and is greatwith the kids
KSDC 07:20 AM 10-31-2013
When we have a thank you to send I do a hand-print card. I take piece of construction paper and have each child put their hand print on it with the words "Thank you for the helping hand!"
Shell 09:20 AM 10-31-2013
Originally Posted by KSDC:
When we have a thank you to send I do a hand-print card. I take piece of construction paper and have each child put their hand print on it with the words "Thank you for the helping hand!"
very cute idea!
Tags:thank you - ideas, thank you cards
Reply Up