Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>OOps
melilley 11:32 AM 08-26-2014
Dh always seems to call when it's nap time. I have an infant who is finally on our nap schedule and sleeps out in the family room with me so it really irritates me when he calls at nap. I often forget to turn my phone down and she sometimes wakes up. I've told him this, but it goes in one ear and out another.

Anyways, the phone just rang loudly (my fault, I forgot to turn it down), at nap time and I instantly picked it up and answered "hello" in a snotty, whispering, firm voice. I was thinking it was dh, but it was a call regarding childcare!

Maybe I should pay attention to my ring tones.
DaveA 11:45 AM 08-26-2014
My wife does this too. "Oh! Is it naptime?" got old years ago.
KiddieCahoots 11:46 AM 08-26-2014
Lol!!!

Melilley, your on a roll today ...............
melilley 11:52 AM 08-26-2014
Originally Posted by KiddieCahoots:
Lol!!!

Melilley, your on a roll today ...............

Ain't that the truth...lol
AmyKidsCo 12:58 PM 08-26-2014
WHY do they do this? Not just spouses, but children too? My own children who were born into the daycare and have grown up in it?

WHY do they walk through the living room calling to me when the babies are napping?! Then when the babies wake up, WHY do they walk back, still calling, then turn around and go the other way again? Do they have a death wish??
sharlan 01:38 PM 08-26-2014
My dd calls the MINUTE I get everyone to sleep.
NightOwl 01:44 PM 08-26-2014
My kids come in after school like a herd of elephants being chased by a lion! No matter how many times I've warned them!
BumbleBee 03:45 PM 08-26-2014
Rofl. Oh melilley it's ok. I answered the phone not to long ago with "what do you want now?" because I thought it was my mother calling for the billionth time that day. Nope, it was a daycare parent.
Childminder 08:58 PM 08-26-2014
My daughter calls me just as I put the kids down for nap and I don't answer the phone. She then starts burning up the phone with texts and voicemails until I answer. "Oh I forgot it's naptime." No you did not!

My other is my sister that is twenty years my senior and inevitably shows up at my door just as I sit down and put my feet up. She has no life.
melilley 06:04 AM 08-27-2014
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
Rofl. Oh melilley it's ok. I answered the phone not to long ago with "what do you want now?" because I thought it was my mother calling for the billionth time that day. Nope, it was a daycare parent.
Oops!
MarinaVanessa 09:58 AM 08-27-2014
Okay I admit, I've done the accidental "DH, what do you want now? You know I don't like it when you call at nap time" when client's have called during nap ... only it wasn't so accidental if-ya-know-what-I-mean . I do it on purpose when DCP's don't "get it". Then I do the "Oops, I thought you were my husband. Well at least you know that even HE doesn't get to call me during nap times"
Reply Up