Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Friday, are you over yet?
SilverSabre25 08:24 AM 04-10-2015
Dad dropped the 2.5 year old off at 11 AM and said that she hasn't had breakfast and needs to eat it now. That's not cool on at least a dozen levels. Said kid is an emotional, whiny mess and small wonder since she hasn't eaten, except for the half empty package of Fiber 1 fruit snacks she came in holding! Lunch is in 45 minutes and she'll have to wait... I'm not going to interrupt the 5 other kids' morning to feed one kid who takes an inordinately long time to eat and wants spoon/hand feed at age 2. No. Just. .. no.
daycare 08:26 AM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Dad dropped the 2.5 year old off at 11 AM and said that she hasn't had breakfast and needs to eat it now. That's not cool on at least a dozen levels. Said kid is an emotional, whiny mess and small wonder since she hasn't eaten, except for the half empty package of Fiber 1 fruit snacks she came in holding! Lunch is in 45 minutes and she'll have to wait... I'm not going to interrupt the 5 other kids' morning to feed one kid who takes an inordinately long time to eat and wants spoon/hand feed at age 2. No. Just. .. no.
45 min screamer this morning. Wanted his iPad DCD brought in. No just no.

Lol friday needs to be done

Btw. Nice to see you. You've been hiding
SilverSabre25 08:33 AM 04-10-2015
Not hiding exactly. Just swamped for weeks on end! I don't keep my computer up all day and browsing here mobile is awkward.
Martha Stewart 08:34 AM 04-10-2015
2.5 yo dcb ran in and smacked a dgc, then shoved over a dcb while his dad was still in the entry way. Good times.

Friday 5:00 where are you?
Unregistered 08:39 AM 04-10-2015
Dcg3 needs to poop but won't. Screaming and crying every 30 mins when she gets the urge. Dcb2 SO cranky fighting, crying, arguing.
Dcg2 1/2 not listening to anything anyone says fighting with everyone
Dcg4 trying to the boss of everyone else.
Dcb1 complete angel. I'll take 4 more!

So thankful it's Friday and cannot wait till 5pm.
Also thankful it's nap time haha
AuntTami 08:45 AM 04-10-2015
Everyone is tired and crabby. My angel child keeps hitting everyone and every thing with a plastic toy microphone. My demon child is being a crying, screaming emotional mess which is normal but more than I can handle today.

They're all sitting down watching Lalaloopsy because I needed a 5 minute rest.

T minus 5 1/2 hours until quitting time. I think I'll have a large glass, or the whole bottle, of wine and be asleep by 7:00!!!
SilverSabre25 08:51 AM 04-10-2015
My whole group of 6 is an emotional disaster today. it's highly unusual. I'm chalking it up to weather (soooooo windy today) and the fact that the was spring break well for my two preschoolers and the S/A sibling we've had with us. Too much togetherness!
daycarediva 08:56 AM 04-10-2015
I feel your pain.

My normally awesome 4 yo is having meltdown after meltdown.

Normally awesome 2 yo is whiny and clingy after being out for 10 days on vacation----with 14 adults and no other children.

Normally awesome 4yo is whiny because best buddy 4yo is also whiny.

Sent 3yo home, Mom was late, and then explained why- potty trained child had an 'accident' (eg diarrhea blow out) so bad she had to stop on the side of the road, strip her car seat, clothing, and call Dad for help. Then they had to go home, hose her off in the shower and STILL attempted to drop her off. No way, that's not an actual accident. ADIOS!

Other 3yo is typically a hellion, being quite chill today, FIGURES! HAHA!

It's Friday though!
SilverSabre25 09:02 AM 04-10-2015
I'm both glad and sorry that is not just me/my group. Glad because I'm not alone, and sorry because you guys have the same ridiculousness going on!

Mine all need outside time badly but with the wind I don't feel comfortable being in the backyard (we often get humongous branches in the yard from neighbor trees) and I don't have the energy to police them in the front until later, near pick up time.
AmyLeigh 09:14 AM 04-10-2015
Tired grumpy kiddos here, too.

They are actually fighting because no one wants to play with anyone else, but then is mad because their friends don't want to play with them!

Dd and ds are arguing over whether or not the neighbors' door bell works. They are mad at me because I won't get them donuts, even though I promised to get them tomorrow. Because Saturday's donuts are not nearly as good as Friday's, apparently.

I may have go to the park to get some fresh air and run off the bad mood. Oh, and the kids, too.

AuntTami, I'm with you. I have a half bottle of Moscato in the fridge waiting for me. But I'll have to wait until after my workout to have a glass or two. So at least 12 hours for me.
Blackcat31 09:16 AM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:

It IS Friday....
SilverSabre25 09:35 AM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by AmyLeigh:
Tired grumpy kiddos here, too.

They are actually fighting because no one wants to play with anyone else, but then is mad because their friends don't want to play with them!

Dd and ds are arguing over whether or not the neighbors' door bell works. They are mad at me because I won't get them donuts, even though I promised to get them tomorrow. Because Saturday's donuts are not nearly as good as Friday's, apparently.

I may have go to the park to get some fresh air and run off the bad mood. Oh, and the kids, too.

AuntTami, I'm with you. I have a half bottle of Moscato in the fridge waiting for me. But I'll have to wait until after my workout to have a glass or two. So at least 12 hours for me.
I have Moscato in the fridge too! I have to wait until after daycare, scout meeting, and bedtime....
daycare 09:41 AM 04-10-2015
That's almost torture.

Nothing worse than having a poopy day and you open the fridge or cabinet and see that bottle of wine teasing you. Those days can't be over fast enough.
Gemma 09:43 AM 04-10-2015
Fridays are nice for me, (maybe cause I start the countdown to the weekend) I really feel sorry for all of you!
AuntTami 10:34 AM 04-10-2015
It doesn't help that it snowed FIVE freaking inches last night! It was in the 60's last week, and today it's snowy! At least it's sunny, tomorrow it's supposed to be 45 so it will all melt.... Only in Wisconsin! But it ruins today's outside time because everything is a wet sloppy mess and snow gear has all been put away!
NoMoreJuice! 10:56 AM 04-10-2015
I can't even start listing all the reasons why this day sucks. Everyone is so tired of seeing each other's faces all week long I guess. Cheers to Friday! Enjoy your wine, ladies; you earned it!
Kabob 11:20 AM 04-10-2015
Kids are actually being pretty decent today but maybe it is because dh is home so I have had an extra set of eyes and ears plus the kids love playing with him.

But, I have a house showing tonight right after daycare. Dh promised me time to myself with an adult beverage since he was the one who convinced me to do these showings after daycare. Blargh,
Unregistered 11:45 AM 04-10-2015
I'm with you all 100%.

My mom is coming to visit and my son can't wait for her to pick him up from school..except that she called me instead of making her connection so will be a few hrs late. So now I get to drag 3 tired babies smack in the middle of nap time down to pick him up from school and he'll be so bummed.

One dcg has a light rash on her belly..not enough to call home yet but just waiting it out.
Baby 1 won't take a bottle today, then gets cranky and hungry. Day 3 of the fun
Baby 2 arrived with the announcement that she threw up in the night, no other symptoms/fever/etc. Her big bro just got out of the hospital so I want to help them out…but don't need a tummy bug this weekend!

Beer-o-clock cannot come quick enough!!
Annalee 11:52 AM 04-10-2015
Just give me a coca-cola and some chocolate and the remote control or simply a 30 minute walk outside or on the treadmill....never have been into self-inflicting a hangover with alcohol. I just think that defeats the purpose of relaxing..
mduck 11:56 AM 04-10-2015
Hate to gripe on here since I know many here have more than me,but my own kids put me at watching 4 all togethther so at least it feels like I've got a handful when I actually only have one dck.

Here's my Friday. My 7 year old homeschooled girl is on spring break. Yay for us both!. My just turned 5 year old whines, complains and cries. All. Day. Long. I've been cracking down on the behavior so it's been back and forth with her. My 23 month old throws mini tantrums, but naps like a dream. My dcg, 16 months old is very high spirited and has napping issues. The two babies are currently however sleeping. Shhhhhh, which is why I'm typing right now. calgone, I mean 5 o clock, Take me away?!
LysesKids 12:01 PM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by Annalee:
Just give me a coca-cola and some chocolate and the remote control or simply a 30 minute walk outside or on the treadmill....never have been into self-inflicting a hangover with alcohol. I just think that defeats the purpose of relaxing..
A small glass of wine or one beer won't give you hangover, it might be just enough to make the evening go nicer however. I don't drink soda of any type and I'm out of chocolate, so a small cocktail along with dinner will suffice for me lol.

My kids will be gone before 5 today and it's just me again until 6:30 Monday morning.
Annalee 12:06 PM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
A small glass of wine or one beer won't give you hangover, it might be just enough to make the evening go nicer however. I don't drink soda of any type and I'm out of chocolate, so a small cocktail along with dinner will suffice for me lol.

My kids will be gone before 5 today and it's just me again until 6:30 Monday morning.
True, but I avoid alcohol of any kind, mild or not.....just never have desired to even try it and now I choose to avoid it for other preferences in my life. One of those things I was never around till high school and saw the bad that could actually happen from it! One drink may become something else to that particular person. Don't even wanna go there. My cousin battled alcohol and drug addiction and died at the age of 49.....even after he sobered up he was never the same.

BTW I will always believe there is something in each person's body that determines what it does with alcohol. I think that is why some can drink responsibly for a lifetime but some can take one drink and become an alcoholic ruining their lives and those around them. That is why I choose to avoid alcohol and teach my boys this reasoning. Just my thoughts!
LysesKids 03:44 PM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by Annalee:
True, but I avoid alcohol of any kind, mild or not.....just never have desired to even try it and now I choose to avoid it for other preferences in my life. One of those things I was never around till high school and saw the bad that could actually happen from it! One drink may become something else to that particular person. Don't even wanna go there. My cousin battled alcohol and drug addiction and died at the age of 49.....even after he sobered up he was never the same.

BTW I will always believe there is something in each person's body that determines what it does with alcohol. I think that is why some can drink responsibly for a lifetime but some can take one drink and become an alcoholic ruining their lives and those around them. That is why I choose to avoid alcohol and teach my boys this reasoning. Just my thoughts!
Understood ma'am
BumbleBee 04:18 PM 04-10-2015
This whole week was crappy. I despise spring break.

Tattling and crying school agers, 3 year old pooped his pants, all 4 three year olds have figured out how to lie-and cover for each other, 18 month old is whiny and has been all week, 17 month old has started biting, and tween school ager is also on the spectrum so she's been *delightful* to have around all flippin day for a whole week.
Josiegirl 04:20 PM 04-10-2015
Oooh chocolate. If only I had some.....
4 yo dcg drove me batty today. That's all I've got to say. But it's just me and the dogs now so I'm feeling the peace.
Sunshine74 06:59 PM 04-10-2015
I heard it was a pretty rough day at our center too. I was not there because I had a minor medical procedure on my toe, and had to stay off it all day. I would have traded places with anyone though, because my toe is throbbing.

And I am already dreading Monday because the food program is coming for the first time and I am coordinating it all.
mommiebookworm 08:47 AM 04-11-2015
Closing time couldn't come fast enough! My own kid was whiny and defiant all day. The siblings that had been on vacation for two weeks back talked all day! The baby wouldn't sleep. And dcb2 hit his head and got a bruise!
Reply Up