Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>You Won't Believe My Day....Really
katie 04:47 PM 01-07-2011
Waiting on dcg at 7am. 7:30. 8:00 8:30 dcd comes in with dcg who is hsysterical. Mom and dcg were in a horrible accident on the way. Mom was transported to the er in an ambulance and (she's 6 months pregnant with another person, they are split) they can't get a good hearbeat on the baby. He leaves dcg having no medical attention after the accident with me and goes to work. I calm her down and she begins to tell me that her head and back hurt. Next dcb comes in screaming b/c mom never feeds him before they come so he is always screaming (8 months) and starving at 9am. My own baby is screaming....fast forward to 3pm. Dcm calls me. They are admitting her for the night and her dad is coming from up north. I (yes I'm crazy) said I would keep her until the next moring so the dcd could go to work. 4pm Grampa calls me. He thinks the dad is an idiot and I need to take her or call an ambulance to get her right away. Thanks, click. I call dad. No, I'm not going to get in the middle of your drama. Come get your child right now. He calls me back. Gramps is coming tonight to get her. Oh, so where is he? He's in about South Carolina. No, he can't come get her at 11pm. Come get her NOW. He shows up with girlfriend. Mom lost the baby. They are transporting her to another hospital b/c of heavy bleeding. Dad says, I guess I'll take her (dcg)to get examined.You think?? Dcb's mom comes in an hour late. At least she paid me for the week (5 days late) uhhhh, what a day! Keep dcm in your prayers. Thanks!
KEG123 04:55 PM 01-07-2011
Aww thats horrible. She was 6 months and lost the baby? And that poor girl, she should have gone to the hospital way sooner than she did. Yikes! What a day!
E Daycare 04:56 PM 01-07-2011
Holy smokes thats a bad day for everyone involved! Sorry you and those you know and care for had such a horrible and traggic day. Hope everything gets better down the road. :/
momma2girls 05:01 PM 01-07-2011
Oh, that is awful, prayers are with the family!
laundrymom 05:44 PM 01-07-2011
Oh my how terrible, prayers....
SilverSabre25 05:51 PM 01-07-2011
Oh, no! That's terrible! What a mess...I can only hope that dcd was in such shock over the whole thing that he wasn't thinking clearly.

Of course, given what I've learned about my own DH's stupidity tonight, I shouldn't be so sure...
katie 07:12 AM 01-08-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Oh, no! That's terrible! What a mess...I can only hope that dcd was in such shock over the whole thing that he wasn't thinking clearly.

Of course, given what I've learned about my own DH's stupidity tonight, I shouldn't be so sure...
Nope, not shock. He got off work at 3, went home and sat there with his girlfriend until I made him come get her at 7. Don't worry about your child who was in an accident 30 minutes before you dropped her off with me or your ex who is bleeding to death in the hospital. But you go be with your girlfriend! It was not his weekend so I guess he was off the clock.
DCMomOf3 07:17 AM 01-08-2011
That is tragic. Have you heard how the girl is doing? that poor mom.
Unregistered 07:43 AM 01-08-2011
That's so sad. I hope Mom and daughter is ok.
kidkair 08:41 AM 01-08-2011
Oh so sad. I think I would have turn the girl away and forced dad to take her to the hospital in the morning. I hope they recover well.
Crystal 10:34 AM 01-08-2011
That's horrible. I am very sorry for your DCM, that is very sad. I hope she will be okay.

Personally, I would't have allowed Dad to leave DCG in the first place. He should have taken her immediately to be checked out. I would actually consider that EXTREME neglect and would probably contact CPS about it. If he's that neglectful with this, imagine what else he neglects.
My4SunshineGirlsNY 06:17 PM 01-08-2011
Originally Posted by katie:
Nope, not shock. He got off work at 3, went home and sat there with his girlfriend until I made him come get her at 7. Don't worry about your child who was in an accident 30 minutes before you dropped her off with me or your ex who is bleeding to death in the hospital. But you go be with your girlfriend! It was not his weekend so I guess he was off the clock.
That is just absolutely horrible!! He deserves jerk of the year award.....how aweful for the mom that lost her baby at 6 months preganant, prayers go out to her.
Abigail 07:11 PM 01-08-2011
Will you get a chance to go visit the mom in the hospital or is too far away? That's soo sad for her and what a terrible decision the dad made on his part. If the accident was really bad though and mom and dad are split, then by the time dad got to the accident to get his daughter I bet someone already checked out the girl because I'm sure they don't let people walk from the scene without questioning.
Miss Lindsey 01:24 PM 01-09-2011
Was just checking back in to see how mom and the dcg were doing. What a mess, and how sad for mom! Not only on the loss of her unborn baby, but that she entrusted her daughter to the girl's own father, her ex, and he couldn't be dragged away from his girlfriemd to properly care for his possibly injured daughter who was quite likely traumatized by what happened that morning amd then seeing her momma carried away via ambulance.
Tags:prayer, pregnancy, pregnancy lost
Reply Up