Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I must have got rid of all the good germs
Country Kids 08:52 AM 02-08-2012
I think I must have over sanitized and disinfected. Thought I was doing a good thing but wondering now if all the good germs left along with it and the bad germs took their place.

I clean the preschool bathroom 2-3 times a day-top to bottom, do the preschool room top to bottom 1-2 times a day, and then throw all the toys into a tub and sanitize nightly. Everything is wiped down and disinfected-shelves, tables, door handles, light switches, computor, chairs, you name it its cleaned. I have even been opening up my windows in the preschool room so that we can get fresh air.

My kitchen is constantly cleaned!

So why is everyone getting sick this week! I have four call in today with the flu! 2 yesterday and then 2 more today. I sooooo hope my family doesn't get this. So since I'm so low on numbers I'm cleaning, cleaning and cleaning some more!
Springdaze 08:56 AM 02-08-2012
As much as the parents would hate to believe it, the kids CAN get sick from places other than daycare! lol
Meeko 08:58 AM 02-08-2012
Because kids still breathe!
And cough.
And wipe their noses on their clothes, their arms and their hair.
Because they suck on the bar of the grocery cart (ugh!)
Because they touch every single thing at the checkout at the grocery store.
Because their homes may not be very sanitary.
Because their siblings bring home a ton of germs from school........

.....a million reasons. So don't beat yourself up...sounds like you do a stellar job keeping your day care clean.

Of course that won't stop parents telling everyone "He/she got it at daycare" when explaining their child's illness.......just saying...
Country Kids 08:58 AM 02-08-2012
Originally Posted by chellenj:
As much as the parents would hate to believe it, the kids CAN get sick from places other than daycare! lol
So true but you would think one would get sick and I fear this is just the start!

One of my friends who is a teacher at the elementary school nearby said 50 kids where gone one day last week with this flu-

I pray the daycare fairies sprinkle a little extra wellness dust on us-
My3cents 11:36 AM 02-08-2012
Remember when Michael was knocking on Wood......... well I knew I should have kept my digits shut and said nothing........sure enough I came down with a cold, caught it from my daughter. My daycare kids are not sick.

You can clean clean clean and that sometimes just doesn't stop what is going to be.... I think sometimes too much cleaning is not good either.

No more wood knocking for me!!!!! I don't care what the topic is!!! It just never fails.

Maybe I took the bullet for you Michael, if so your lucky, it's going on four days of blah and bluckiness. I will not knock on wood that it could have been worse
SandeeAR 01:05 PM 02-08-2012
WOW!!! I could NEVER keep your cleaning schedule!!! I clean my kitchen constantly. However, all the kids toys I clean weekly. Do the beds weekly etc. I'm of the group that feels a few germs are good for kids, to help build the immune system.

I have 2y.o, 22 mo, 19 mo and 10 mo. We have a had cold that went thru 3 of them, but nothing worse since last winter. My kid that brought it all in last winter is no longer here.
Country Kids 01:20 PM 02-08-2012
Oh, I'm with the ones about a few germs are good for you but I've had one that has decided to start mouthing toys. Then with kids sneezing, and learning to do the zurber with their mouths spit going everywhere that is why I've been doing so much sanitizing. Might as well keep it up though because it takes less time to do it on Friday night and more time for the family!
Reply Up