Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Unprecedented Failure
SilverSabre25 11:02 AM 02-26-2013
It's 2 PM where I am.

Usually naps run from 12:30 to 3:00 and they all are asleep by 1 (the hold out being my son) and I have to wake them all up to get my daughter off the bus.

It's a dreary, rainy day, the kind that makes everyone nap well usually.

SO WHY ARE THEY ALL AWAKE?!?!?!

DS didn't sleep at all. the nine month old slept for *maybe* an hour, as did the 4 year old. I spent the entire hour sitting with DS trying to get him to sleep, so I've had no break. None at all.

And DH won't be home until 7:30 tonight. I don't know if I can make it thorugh the entire rest of the day and evening with no break at all...
Play Care 11:07 AM 02-26-2013
Aww, that stinks!

I am a no tv day care but on a day like the one you are having I might be inclined to close off my play room and stick in a movie this afternoon.
Oneluckymom 12:50 PM 02-26-2013
Oh Silver...I'm so sorry . That makes for a bumber afternoon. I've had those days and I can totally sympathize with you. I Hope they go on to have an good rest of the day at least. Take a long hot bath this evening to unwind.
daycarediva 03:28 PM 02-26-2013
This was my day today too. I finally got everyone to sleep and one woke up to go potty and woke up everyone. Of course HE was the only one who went back to sleep.
jenn 04:03 PM 02-26-2013
My daughter (4 years old) never naps anymore. I only had 2 others today (we have tons of snow). One slept like she had stayed up all night, I had to wake her after 3 hours. The other one slept for about 45 minutes, sigh.
DaycareMama 04:52 PM 02-26-2013
Ugh this was my day yesterday. I kept my own dd home from her preschool and ..... well....that just throws everything off. Nap time lasted maybe 45 mins if that and by the time my day was done when hubby got home around 8 I wanted to cry.

I hope your day is better tomorrow!
My3cents 05:10 PM 02-26-2013
It must be that type of a day!!!

Same thing here nap time was a fizzler,
Has to be related to weather changes coming
SilverSabre25 05:46 PM 02-26-2013
Thanks ladies, it helps to know that mine were not the only nutty ones in this regard today.

DS is only 20 months and was up 12:30 to 1 AM then 4:30-6:30 AM today (yes, in the morning, guess who was up with him!), slept 6:30 to 8:30, then was up 11 straight hours. Well 10.5 I guess. But still. Mama not happy. DH didn't even see him today.

he'd darn well better sleep at least 12 hours....
Scout 05:58 PM 02-26-2013
mine was opposite! All 5 slept! That RARELY happens! Usually DS is up the whole time. I just got him to leave the kids alone so they can nap and since then he has taken 2 naps the past few days!
blandino 06:05 PM 02-26-2013
I had a day like that, maybe two weeks ago. I was so excited - my assistant was gone - It was a Friday, I had just a few kids and thought I would have nap time to myself and get some really deep daycare cleaning done. The babies wouldn't allow it. 8 mo DCB (who never cries more than 2/3 min) cried when I tried to lay him down, and was a deep distressed cry that was escalating - tried everything in my power to get him happy and wound up having to let him cry 1.5 hours later - and he eventually fell asleep. Then 15 min later, 12 mo DCG wakes up.

I was so so so dissapointed. I understand all too well. Hoping tomorrow is better.
Tags:won't sleep
Reply Up