Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Here I go
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 03:52 AM 01-08-2015
Wish me luck today while I embark on my first adventure of basically giving the kids (2) 20/21 month olds and (2) 3yo penguin cut-outs and they put them together.
Attached: image.jpg (51.2 KB) 
AuntTami 04:00 AM 01-08-2015
Originally Posted by Cozy_Kids_Childcare:
Wish me luck today while I embark on my first adventure of basically giving the kids (2) 20/21 month olds and (2) 3yo penguin cut-outs and they put them together.
Good luck! Just let them do it how they want. If it ends up with its feet coming out of its ears, that's okay! It'll make them happy and it'll make you less stressed
SquirrellyMama 05:04 AM 01-08-2015
Originally Posted by AuntTami:
Good luck! Just let them do it how they want. If it ends up with its feet coming out of its ears, that's okay! It'll make them happy and it'll make you less stressed
My favorite craft memory is the time I gave the kids chick cut outs to put together. We had a couple chicks with beaks coming out of their butts

Kelly
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 05:05 AM 01-08-2015
Originally Posted by AuntTami:
That was my plan. Lol.... Now I just have to find the wiggly eyes. It's sad when you have to text your 13-yo to find out what she did with them. She likes to take them to her dads and put them on stuff in the refrigerator to be funny.
SquirrellyMama 05:06 AM 01-08-2015
I do usually have one put together as a guide for kids to follow if they can. There is often one that can.

Kelly
SquirrellyMama 05:08 AM 01-08-2015
Originally Posted by Cozy_Kids_Childcare:
That was my plan. Lol.... Now I just have to find the wiggly eyes. It's sad when you have to text your 13-yo to find out what she did with them. She likes to take them to her dads and put them on stuff in the refrigerator to be funny.
Your daughter sounds like a fun kid. I may have to do that sometime to my kids

Kelly
permanentvacation 07:01 AM 01-08-2015
LOL!! I'm going to put wiggly eyes on my milk jug in the refrigerator and see how my daughter (16 years old) reacts to it!
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 09:21 AM 01-08-2015
Originally Posted by SquirrellyMama:
Your daughter sounds like a fun kid. I may have to do that sometime to my kids

Kelly
She is very funny. Sometimes though her bonus mom doesn't find it too funny. It was just my ex and daughter every other week for 7-years and they played jokes on each other all the time. Well I guess my daughter took it too far when she out a worm in the bed thinking her dad slept on that side..... Ooooops nope bonus mom found it and freaked.
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 09:24 AM 01-08-2015
Originally Posted by permanentvacation:
LOL!! I'm going to put wiggly eyes on my milk jug in the refrigerator and see how my daughter (16 years old) reacts to it!
She does silly stuff all the time. She has taken face paint to my husband black framed glasses before and when it took them off he had the black ring. It was almost instant because he said they felt wet. She has put those small balls that have the gewy feeling tinticals and will shove them in my big furry sleepers so that in the morning I freak thinking something is in my shoe.
Josiegirl 10:08 AM 01-08-2015
Your dd sounds like lots of fun!! I put googly eyes on the bulletin board and our fire extinguisher. It took the dcks quite awhile to find them.

Couple summers ago when my dd was home for the summer and helped with daycare, my thing was hiding these little plastic spiders throughout the house. She does NOT like spiders. But the only reaction I ever got from her was 'Mom, you're so lame'. One day I got her good though, I snuck upstairs and put one in her bed, not just a tiny one, it was huge and gross. I could hear her screaming bloody murder and running down the stairs, cursing at me. Nobody calls me lame and gets away with it.

Oh back to the topic haha, we made snowmen yesterday, 19 and 23 month olds. Only thing I did was squeeze the glue(and give them 3 white circles), everything else was their doing. Can't wait til their parents say 'oh what a cute uh, uh....'.
Reply Up