Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Today I'm Thankful For...
Onawhim 05:57 AM 05-13-2015
Today I am thankful for a quiet morning myself dcb3 dcg2 1/2 and dcg 4 make oatmeal cookies, a big batch of home made waffles to eat today and freeze for later. We sat and colored and chatted and are going to go for a walk. I'm also thankful for dcm who dropped off a coffee when she was dropping off dcg. We are having a good day!

What are you thankful for today?
AuntTami 06:06 AM 05-13-2015
Originally Posted by Onawhim:
Today I am thankful for a quiet morning myself dcb3 dcg2 1/2 and dcg 4 make oatmeal cookies, a big batch of home made waffles to eat today and freeze for later. We sat and colored and chatted and are going to go for a walk. I'm also thankful for dcm who dropped off a coffee when she was dropping off dcg. We are having a good day!

What are you thankful for today?
I'm thankful for the fact that all of my early early(5:30 drop offs) kiddos were late today, giving me the opportunity to catch a 20 minute cat nap on the couch while waiting for them, after I got up and was ready for the day. It did wonders!

I'm also thankful that my naughty screamer is in a good mood today and is playing nicely beside his cousin, who he usually fights with
Thriftylady 06:10 AM 05-13-2015
I am thankful I get to spend a bit of time on the semi with hubby for some "couples time", and that when I am done and ready I can try to "restart" my daycare since my problem family is gone and use my new backbone that you all have helped me start building.
Rockgirl 06:17 AM 05-13-2015
Great post!

I am thankful we are finally getting the rain we have been desperately needing. And my dck's are being sweet to each other.
Baby Beluga 06:40 AM 05-13-2015
I am thankful for a quiet morning as no one is here yet

I have instrumental music playing and am getting paperwork done. It's been nice!
childcaremom 06:55 AM 05-13-2015
I am thankful for happy kids today. They are all getting along so well and are playing wonderfully.

Such a change from yesterday .
hope 07:07 AM 05-13-2015
I am thankful to have this time with my DS. I get to spend the whole day with him which most mommies can't do. I am thankful that I was able to spend time with DD this morning before sending her off to school. No rushing. I am thankful for dcg 1yo who claps at everything because everything makes her happy. She has taught me so much.

And I am thankful for this post. I have been really trying to focus on the positive because I have been in a negative funk. This helps, thank you!
Play Care 10:44 AM 05-13-2015
I am thankful I made the decision late last year to invest in ME and MY health. It's starting to be noticeable (those lunges and squats really do make a difference in the BOOTAY ) and I feel great.

I am so grateful to have a job that allows me to have FUN.Being my own boss means the day is what I make of it - no daily coworker or supervisor drama.

I am so glad for the string of gorgeous weather we've been having. It means lots of outside time after a winter cooped up inside.
daycare 12:52 PM 05-13-2015
I am thankful for my own children to keep my going every day and remind me why I wake up to do this job and live this life.

I am thankful for my health that I can do this demanding job and I am thankful for my family for supporting me in my journey to accomplish my iron woman race in the fall.
Unregistered 01:15 PM 05-13-2015
I'm thankful for having the firm talk with a dcf yesterday. DCB is soooooo much better today.
mommiebookworm 01:19 PM 05-13-2015
My Husband! You know how long term relationships have highs and lows? We have been in a good place for the past few months.
Stephnrich 03:19 PM 05-13-2015
Love this post!

I'm thankful for my husband and how he helps me through the stress of this job.
ColorfulSunburst 04:25 PM 05-13-2015
... for getting two teacher assistants. Because of that my work day is done 7pm and the daycare is clean, neat and ready for a next day.
Onawhim 04:57 AM 05-14-2015
I am thankful for the beautiful sunshine weather we are forecast to have today and ALL weekend!! Yay!
childcaremom 07:46 AM 05-14-2015
Me, too, Sun and warm temps for the rest of the week and the weekend.

Also thankful for a holiday on Monday
LindseyA 10:19 AM 05-15-2015
I am thankful that I only have one dck today!! (I have 5 full timers and 1 part timer... So this NEVER happens!) On a Friday at that! Woo hoo!
sally 10:22 AM 05-15-2015
Today I'm thankful that this is my last day with 1 family and 3 more days next week with my other family and I'm done! Starting my new job on June 1st!
DaveA 10:53 AM 05-15-2015
That it started sprinkling while we were a half mile from the house on a walk. Sunny and light rain- the kids loved it and had a blast trying to catch raindrops with hands or tongue. Sometimes it's just fun to sit back and watch and laugh.
Josiegirl 11:02 AM 05-15-2015
I'm thankful I've only got 3 dcks today. And even my challenging 4 yo is being as good as she can be today. And for her, that's something.
I'm thankful for all the green we're seeing now. The leaves have popped out within the past week or so, grass is growing like crazy. I planted my tomatoes too early and lost them but oh well.
NorthernMNgal 12:37 PM 05-15-2015
I'm thankful I finally am getting a backbone and implementing some things today that will get me out of a funk. $1 a day raise, scheduling vacation time and telling one dcm I can no longer accommodate after hours care. And next week I'm going to start running again!
Onawhim 10:40 AM 05-19-2015
Today I will be thankful for 5 pm. My dcb 1 who just went down to part time is having a hard time not being up ALL the time. Legit screams every time I set him down I have a head ache.
childcaremom 08:22 AM 05-25-2015
Today I am grateful for the warm, sunny weather after a cold and wet weekend.

The dcks and I spent most of the morning outside, ate a great lunch, and now everyone is asleep.

It's a good start to the week!
Onawhim 10:54 AM 05-25-2015
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
Today I am grateful for the warm, sunny weather after a cold and wet weekend.

The dcks and I spent most of the morning outside, ate a great lunch, and now everyone is asleep.

It's a good start to the week!
I am also thankful for sunny weather! The bugs have made an appearance but we still managed to get some time outside and we made chocolate chip muffins for afternoon snack! A great quiet day to start the week!
Controlled Chaos 03:02 PM 05-25-2015
I am thankful for a 3 day weekend. I needed this time with my family and am looking forward to seeing my dcks tomorrow
Play Care 03:13 AM 05-26-2015
I am so thankful for my 4 day weekend. We had an amazing time.
mamamanda 04:04 AM 05-26-2015
I'm thankful that yesterday was a day off. I got my whole house cleaned and this morning I woke up relaxed instead of rushing to get my daycare space ready. It is wonderful!
LittleTikes 06:49 AM 05-26-2015
I am very thankful that my dcfs are finding other arrangements, so I can go on my daughter's field trip on Thursday. Even though it was really short notice, they all just told me to "have fun."
Annalee 07:35 AM 05-26-2015
Originally Posted by LittleTikes:
I am very thankful that my dcfs are finding other arrangements, so I can go on my daughter's field trip on Thursday. Even though it was really short notice, they all just told me to "have fun."
I have 5 going to Kindy in August and have filled 3 spots...have 2 interviews this week for the other 2 spots. Thankful for job security
AuntTami 10:09 AM 05-26-2015
Today I'm thankful that I repainted my living room this weekend! It is now a bright/fun blue/teal color instead of the dreary tan I had. The color change has increased my mood DRASTICALLY and I didn't even mind getting up at 4am to finish it this morning!
Onawhim 10:17 AM 05-26-2015
Originally Posted by AuntTami:
Today I'm thankful that I repainted my living room this weekend! It is now a bright/fun blue/teal color instead of the dreary tan I had. The color change has increased my mood DRASTICALLY and I didn't even mind getting up at 4am to finish it this morning!
Cannot wait to paint my living room!! Mines a very dark yucky tan.

Today I'm thankful for, rainy days, Fresh bread, super hero capes, and baby cuddles. Today had been a very nice day full house and everyone is happy.
Rockgirl 10:25 AM 05-26-2015
It's been an all-around good day here. The kids were happy to see each other after the long weekend. The weather is gorgeous after lots of rainy days....we played outside all morning, and our lunch was a picnic. Now all are sleeping. No complaints here!
Reply Up