Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Don’t Ask for A Separate Deposit
Heart12 09:17 AM 08-19-2016
But after reading some things on here, I feel like I want to. I know that some providers charge 2 weeks of care, but I cant imagine asking families to come up with that much money before the first day. I'm like a sponge on this forum, soaking up as much info. as I can I've read how some providers charge extra weekly until the deposit is paid, but how should I word that in my contract? TIA!
Leigh 09:31 AM 08-19-2016
Originally Posted by Heart12:
But after reading some things on here, I feel like I want to. I know that some providers charge 2 weeks of care, but I cant imagine asking families to come up with that much money before the first day. I'm like a sponge on this forum, soaking up as much info. as I can I've read how some providers charge extra weekly until the deposit is paid, but how should I word that in my contract? TIA!
I require first week and last two weeks' payments in advance. I will let someone start with just the first week in advance IF they fill out a payment plan to get the other two weeks' to me within the first two months (8 payments, 4 payments-whatever works for them).
Crazy8 02:36 PM 08-19-2016
I only require 1 week deposit up front. My contract does state a 2 week notice is required when leaving but this way if someone does leave without any notice at least I am only out one weeks pay. Plus at the end I am sort of working that last week for "free" (I know I got paid for it but that money is long gone by the time a client is leaving, lol) so I rather it just be one week.
Lil_Diddle 07:48 PM 08-19-2016
I require a $200 deposit and allow them to make payments in weekly installments up to 8 weeks. If I am holding a future spot for a child I require a full non-refundable deposit.
thrivingchildcarecom 05:18 PM 08-22-2016
You can either make an addendum for the enrollment deposit payments or simply generate a receipt showing the outstanding balance being the enrollment deposit. Tip: I wouldn't give them too long to stretch out the payments, say a month max.
Reply Up