Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Summer Program, Promo?
KristinsHomeCC 01:30 PM 04-15-2016
Hey guys! So I have had 2 people contact me this week alone asking if I take 4 and a 5 year old for a summer program. Got my brain going a little bit, does anyone offer summer programs? Up until now, I've only ever accepted 2 and unders and all permanent spots. This would be a..what..2 month thing? June to August. I've been advertising for another open spot..I can only have 6 children here in FL (1 is my own, so 5 other children) and as of right now I have 2 other children. SO, if I only keep these kids and open my house up for a summer program at the end of next month, I could take in 2 or 3 summer children.
Thoughts? Anyone else do this? Do I make it an all day thing or offer half days? I normally charge $150 per week for all my kids regardless of age, should I stick with this pricing?

I'm thinking it could be really fun change to the younger babies! Especially if there were atleast 2 of them. 1 would be bored out of his/her mind.
Michael 03:20 PM 04-15-2016
More threads on Summer Programs: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...summer+program
kendallina 04:31 AM 04-16-2016
I usually offer a summer camp ( not this year, I'm on maternity leave. I accept up to 6 kids per day, all preschool-kindergarten age. Some summers I offer just a 3-hour program, some summers I offer extended hours. My 3-hr summer camp hours are 9-12. We play lots of games, spend most of our time outside, have a kiddie pool, water table, play bubbles, etc etc etc. It's a ton of fun, I love summer camp! Personally, I get a lot of families with a stay at home parent and they love the 3-hr option a couple of days a week.
Tags:marketing ideas, summer program, summer program - promotion
Reply Up