Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Starting a Local FaceBook Group
dolores 01:20 PM 12-15-2020
I've been thinking of starting a FB group for family daycare providers in the tristate area in which I live. I am a member of my state's FB group but don't see one for my borough(s).

Not sure if I REALLY want the responsibility, especially since I value my privacy and hate drama, or if I just wished one existed I could be a member of.

You guys are to blame for this! You share your experiences, perspectives, resources, business & personal advice which is so helpful. Being a family daycare provider can be isolating and connecting with others in the profession makes it better.

Anyone here hosts a FB group? Where do I even start? What advice would you give? Am I biting off more than I can chew?
Ariana 03:56 PM 12-15-2020
I am a member of two FB groups for providers in my area and it’s a lot of fun! I also manage the local COVID-19 FB page and to be honest there isn’t too much drama. Just set the rules (which are built in) and get people to answer questions to be admitted to the group. I pretty much allow everything except for really rude behaviour like name calling, racism etc. I started an FB group just for ECEs in my area but with over 100 members but only the same 5 members talking it felt very “unsafe” so I decided to shut it down.
dolores 05:48 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I am a member of two FB groups for providers in my area and it’s a lot of fun! I also manage the local COVID-19 FB page and to be honest there isn’t too much drama. Just set the rules (which are built in) and get people to answer questions to be admitted to the group. I pretty much allow everything except for really rude behaviour like name calling, racism etc. I started an FB group just for ECEs in my area but with over 100 members but only the same 5 members talking it felt very “unsafe” so I decided to shut it down.
Thank you for sharing!
When you started the FB group, how did you make it known to your target audience?
And as far as feeling unsafe, I can see the vulnerability as its a small group, you're not necessarily anonymous and folks may know where you are located which is a little unsettling...
Tags:facebook groups
Reply Up