Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Do I Deal With This
Unregistered 07:06 AM 03-07-2018
I have a 4yo DCB who is always telling lies to the other kids parents when they come for pickup. Yesterday he told each parent "Guess what, we are having donuts for breakfast tomorrow because I am bringing donuts." Another time he told parents that their kids "fight him every day and hurt him". These are just a couple examples.
He used to constantly interrupt while I talked to the parents at pickup by saying "watch this, Johnny's mom" or "do you like my picture, Suzie's dad". Or he would just be extremely loud and would throw him self on the floor to try and attract attention to himself. He has stopped doing that and now is telling lies. Some things, like the donuts, he could just be misunderstanding. Maybe his parents told him he could have donuts this morning for breakfast? But, telling parents their kids are harming him every day, I obviously know is not true because I am with them all day and see their interactions. It puts me in an embarrassing position as well with those parents, because I then have to try and explain how those things are not happening and I don't know why this child is accusing their child of harming him.
What can I do to get him to stop this behavior?
Tags:children that lie, lies, lying kids, pick up issues
Up