Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>24/7 Care
Kourtneynicole 01:49 PM 04-26-2012
About two months ago, I opened my childcare home. I began watching a newborn. This was two months ago, and while I still watch her I havent found any other families. Ive tried postings and word of mouth, and others. So after reading several things about 24/7 care, this is what I have decided to do. But I have so many questions about it. Maybe not sooo many, but a lot of confusion I guess.

I would love advice from those of you do/did 24/7 care.
How much is charged?
What about for sleeping hours?
How did this work for yall?

Thank you!
frugalmama4 05:08 PM 04-26-2012
Hello,

I just started advertising for 24hour myself, I'm limited to the number of kids (12) I can have at one time which includes my own (4). So in order to make up income I'm wanting to take in some evening and night kiddos.

1. Make sure your state will allow you to do 24 hour care.
2. Check out other in your area who does 24hours (centers/homes)
3. Advertise everywhere (CL,newspaper, fliers) go to places that are open 24hours (Wal-mart, Kroger, drug stores, fast food restaurant, hospitals, bars)
4. Once you see what others are charging based your rates around that.
what I'm doing is breaking down what my normal tuition rate wold be hourly (for day-time care) and adding about a dollar more for evening/night care.

ex: weekly rate $125 divided 10 hours per-day equals $2.50 an hour (I only provide care for up to 10 hours per-child/per-family). For someone needing care from 4pm-11pm I would charge bout $3.00 an hour for this.

And if you're on the food program, you can claim dinner for this kid too...works great.

Good luck!
Tags:24/7 care, evenings, extended hours, overnights
Reply Up