Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Help! Example of daycare Cleaning Schedule
swarlick 01:54 PM 12-11-2012
Hello Everyone!
I am in the process of opening up my own childcare center. I am working on my plan of operation now. I need an example of a cleaning Schedule. For instance what toys do you wash/ clean during the week, and on what days? What product do you use for cleaning? Who does the cleaning? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Sonya W.
Play Care 10:12 AM 12-12-2012
Hi!
I am licensed by my state so I have to use a bleach and water solution for sanitizing toys. I keep a bucket up on the counter (away from little hands!) that has a gallon of cool water and one tablespoon of bleach in it. Any mouthed toys are put in there as soon as the child gives it up St for 5 minutes then let air dry before being put back in the mix.

At the end of the day toys are sprayed with a bleach/water solution. Air dry and then back in the rotation.

For actual cleaning of toys my schedule is something like this:

Monday - all dress up
Tuesday - all doll houses/accessories
Wednesday - board books, puzzles, manipulatives
Thursday - play kitchen and equipment
Friday - wipe down all surfaces, dust and vacuum (more thorough than the rest of the week)
I make it easy by using the washing machine, and dishwasher when possible and putting them on the sanitize setting (I think it's probably overkill but that's okay) I put larger toys in the bathtub to wash and let air dry.
I hope this helps!
MamaG 08:53 AM 12-15-2012
I run a small home based center. I have a bin to put toys in as they get slobbered on or sneezed on. I have kids that are older so a bin of toxic liquid isn't safe in the same area. I use non toxic cleaner, Seventh Generation. I have all the toys separated into bins and each day we play with a new bin. These leaves me with one bin to sanatize plus the stuff I collected thru out the day. I clean accordingly at the end of the day. I sweep every day, mop each night.
Reply Up