Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>My Massachusetts License Was Revoked!!
Meridoodlebim 01:13 PM 10-10-2013
My Massachusetts daycare license was revoked. I've been having trouble with these idiots since 2002 & they finally got their wish & shut my daycare down. I've been fighting it for over 3 years. They're monsters!!
Blackcat31 01:18 PM 10-10-2013
Originally Posted by Meridoodlebim:
My Massachusetts daycare license was revoked. I've been having trouble with these idiots since 2002 & they finally got their wish & shut my daycare down. I've been fighting it for over 3 years. They're monsters!!
I am sorry you are having difficulty with your license.

I edited your post to remove identifying information.

While this is an informational site for child care related issues, we don't allow posters to name or single out a specific person/agency in a derogatory manner.

I would advise you to file an appeal and fight for what you believe. If you feel that any one person acted in an unprofessional manner, you have a right to appeal the decision made by this agency.
Michael 01:34 PM 10-10-2013
Here are some other threads from members that have had their license revoked: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ense+-+revoked

You have a limited amount of time to appeal.

Here are your state requirements:
http://www.mass.gov/edu/docs/eec/201...ement-regs.pdf

(1) Request for Administrative Reconsideration.
(a) Within seven days of receipt of a deficiency correction order or notice of a sanction, the licensee may file with the General Counsel a written request for administrative reconsideration. The request shall be limited to direct and specific reasons why the notice of sanction or any item in the deficiency correction order or any portion thereof should be rescinded or modified, and the approximate time(s) requested by the licensee to take corrective measures if any.
(b) Within 15 business days after receipt of a request for reconsideration, the General Counsel shall grant, deny, or otherwise act on such request.
(c) Filing a request for administrative reconsideration shall not alter the time required for compliance with the notice of sanction or deficiency correction order.

(2) Request for a Formal Hearing.
(a) An applicant whose application for a license or approval the Office intends to deny, or a licensee whose approval or license the Office intends to make probationary, revoke, suspend, or refuse to renew, or whom the Office intends to fine, may request a hearing held pursuant to the Standard Adjudicatory Rules of Practice and Procedure801 CMR1.01 et seq. by filing a Notice of Claim for a hearing and an answer within 21 days of receipt of the Office's notice.
(b) The hearing officer shall enter a recommended decision. A final agency decision shall be issued by the Commissioner or his/her designee. Hearings shall be in accordance with the provisions of 801 CMR 1.01 et seq. Failure to request a hearingand file timely answers may be

Suggest you appeal to the Executive Office for Administration and Finance

http://www.mass.gov/anf/hearings-and...istrative.html
(The Legislature established the Division of Administrative Law Appeals, or DALA for short, as a neutral forum for hearing any case in which one has the right to appeal the decision of another state agency. )
e.j. 06:19 PM 10-11-2013
Why was your license revoked?
Tags:license - revoked, massachusetts member
Reply Up