Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Screaming 14 Month Old
Unregistered 01:14 PM 04-02-2014
I'm feeling bad and not sure if I did the wrong thing here. I have a 14 month old that was changed and she didn't want anymore food or drink. No fever. She was just screaming and miserable. If I held her she stopped but I just couldn't walk around holding her and the other children needed snack so we were picking up. So I figured she was tired and put her in the crib to sleep. The mother walked in early just after I put her down, she was still screaming. Not crying lol but screaming. I told the mom I just put her down and she was just miserable. I told her she had been up from nap early, fed, changed and I thought she was tired. I couldn't really read what the mom was feeling, but she didn't really look at me at all. Now I'm wondering if it was wrong to put her down screaming?
jenboo 01:17 PM 04-02-2014
I would have done the same thing. I actually put a 2 year old down early today... Before lunch! He was a disaster.. So tired. I don't think he would have even eaten lunch if he was still up. I asked him if he wanted to sleep and he said yes.
I think you did the right thing.
cara041083 02:42 PM 04-02-2014
I would have done the same thing and I have before! If a child has all of his/her needs met and you can tell they are tired or doesn't feel well, I lay them down even if its before nap time or they already had a nap. I have had parents walk in before and I explain it to them. I have had kids nap a good nap, wake up cranky, lay back down and nap again, then that night the parents called me and asked if there child napped that day because they fell asleep early. Someways they just need the extra sleep for what ever reason.
cheerfuldom 03:04 PM 04-02-2014
I think you did the right thing but more than likely, mom is upset. Most moms will get upset anytime they are reminded that their child is in GROUP care. I had one more term after walking in and seeing her baby crying. Babies cry, it wasnt anything weird for me. But she was so upset and termed on the spot. Some moms cannot handle it at all. but again, you didnt do anything wrong. you are caring for multiple young ones and cannot carry a child around when they have been diapered and fed and should be playing. if they are too tired to stay up and play happily, you will try to nap them. It makes sense to me.
Tags:screaming
Reply Up