Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Virtue Project
Countrygal 05:29 AM 06-12-2012
Our county training last night was on this.

Has anyone ever used it? How diligent were you about following the precepts and what were the results? Did the 5 strategies work for you?

I'm thinking about giving parts of it a go with my kids that I've been posting about and would like some feedback.
JEM 06:58 AM 06-12-2012
I've never heard of it but it sounds very interesting. I'll be waiting to hear what anyone else thinks also.
Blackcat31 07:11 AM 06-12-2012
I studied a little about this but not for ECE training....it was a world religion course.

Here is a cool web-site that lists the virtues we all aim to have. You can print out a copy of the list of virtues from the Family & Parenting page.

I put a copy in each folder I have for incoming families. I also have one laminated and hung on our entryway bulletin board.

http://www.virtuesproject.com/homepage.html
Countrygal 07:06 PM 06-12-2012
I don't know that I was very thrilled with the entire project, but I did like emphasizing the virtues idea.

I made a poster with each of my dck's name in the center of a white star. In each of the five points I listed the five virtues I see most often represented by that child. Then I put them all on a piece of star poster board with "Daycare Stars" as my title! I love it! The parents haven't seen it yet. I'm waiting for their comments!

Thanks for linking that, BC. I should have thought to do that! They have a manual that looked interesting with lots of projects to accentuate virtues, but it is mainly aimed at older kids. I was especially wondering if anyone had bought the manual and how they applied it to the younger set.
Reply Up