Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
Ariana 09:44 AM 02-08-2016
I am soooo sick of parents in denial about their kids. Like why wouldn't you go and get your kid checked out by a speech pathologist? Because of $$ I am so sick of even bringing up concerns because 99% of the time it falls on deaf ears and they make up so much sh!t about what is going on at home. Dad telling me that his 2 yr old kid is using 2 words together at home...but totally not doing that here? not babbling, can't understand 99% of the words she says and I'm sorry but saying "wawa" at 2 for water is NOT normal. Then he takes her to the DR and OF COURSE the DR says she is developing normally. WTF????? so frustrating. She cannot complete a word. Everything is stringing together syllables and nonsense words. "wawa" for water "baba" for milk "gaga" for grandmad etc. It's beyond ridiculous what these parents think is normal.

I get so frustrated and I am not sure why. I mean WTF should I care if this child's social skills go down the drain because her parents are not interested in helping her?? I feel like I need to learn something here. Like I need to totally detach from all emotions towards families. Just be a warehouse for kids. That's what they want right??

Sunshine74 08:43 PM 02-08-2016
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I am soooo sick of parents in denial about their kids. Like why wouldn't you go and get your kid checked out by a speech pathologist? Because of $$ I am so sick of even bringing up concerns because 99% of the time it falls on deaf ears and they make up so much sh!t about what is going on at home. Dad telling me that his 2 yr old kid is using 2 words together at home...but totally not doing that here? not babbling, can't understand 99% of the words she says and I'm sorry but saying "wawa" at 2 for water is NOT normal. Then he takes her to the DR and OF COURSE the DR says she is developing normally. WTF????? so frustrating. She cannot complete a word. Everything is stringing together syllables and nonsense words. "wawa" for water "baba" for milk "gaga" for grandmad etc. It's beyond ridiculous what these parents think is normal.

I get so frustrated and I am not sure why. I mean WTF should I care if this child's social skills go down the drain because her parents are not interested in helping her?? I feel like I need to learn something here. Like I need to totally detach from all emotions towards families. Just be a warehouse for kids. That's what they want right??

I feel your pain. And parents here have no $ excuse because the evaluation and any resulting services are free.
Sunshine74 08:55 PM 02-08-2016
Kids are so far behind these days! Get used to it I don;t know if it's because of iphones or self absorbed parents. it sucks.
It can be that- the lack of face to face time they get from the parents, and the fact that a lot of babies/children are not read to enough. Another issue is the number of push button, battery operated toys that they get. Why bother saying, "moo" for a cow, or making car sounds when the toys already do it for them? Yes, I know that those language skills are a little more advanced than infant skills, but that's where it starts.
Play Care 03:16 AM 02-09-2016
I am sick. Not enough to be closed, but enough to be punky. I tried to get to bed early last night, but as soon as I got ready for bed, I couldn't settle down to sleep.
All the dck's have been out at least one day, and one was out three days.

We got a serious case of the PUNK going on here.
daycarediva 09:32 AM 02-09-2016
Originally Posted by MsLisa:
Finished my 1st week as a full-time infant teacher assistant and I’m sooo zonked. I didn't think I would feel so drained after dealing with SA kids for 2yrs. Its a total different demon. Even though my natural motherly instinct is on full force, I find myself googling stuff during my breaks trying to "fix" infant troubles and behaviours. I have a horrible habit of going into SA mode, knowing full well a 1yr old isn't going to care how sharp I say "no". Its....a lot. Accepting moments where you just have to let them cio a little so you can make a bottle or that no matter how much you try an over tired 9 month old is ok to scream like the world has ended.... no matter how much it digs under your skin and makes you sweat.

One thing that bothers me, although silly, is how little these infants (4m to 1yr) babble. I find myself constantly going "ba ba ba", "da da da" and etc cause I’m convinced they should be at least that far in language. I'm constantly labelling things they play with and mimicking conversations with them but to no avail. I use to read to my daughter daily and by 6m she was saying "ice" and babbling like a fool. We don't have any books in the room, let alone read to them and these kids only screech. Only 1 actually babbles and is good at trying to mimic your words. I don't know....I always get obsessed with such small details.
YIKES! Can you ask the library or local schools for some donations of board books for the infant room? I would bring a book a day and read to them, for sure. Sing songs (those are free, and even though my voice is awful, the kids love singing!)
lovemydaycare0912 07:47 AM 02-10-2016
I have this one dcm who doesn't know how yo communicate. She acts like she's too scared to talk to me or bring up concerns. I am trying to help her out but that's about to go out the window if she can't grow up. We are 3 years apart. I am not scary at all. Just talk to me!!!! Omay rant over.
Ariana 09:34 AM 02-10-2016
Originally Posted by lovemydaycare0912:
I have this one dcm who doesn't know how yo communicate. She acts like she's too scared to talk to me or bring up concerns. I am trying to help her out but that's about to go out the window if she can't grow up. We are 3 years apart. I am not scary at all. Just talk to me!!!! Omay rant over.
I am in a similar situation right now. Lack of communication is a huge stressor.
Annalee 09:35 AM 02-10-2016
Too many times parents do not want to communicate, they just want their "WAY".
lovemydaycare0912 09:53 AM 02-10-2016
I am in a similar situation right now. Lack of communication is a huge stressor.
Yes I dont get it. I emailed you what you asked for Monday night but you decided not to read it until Tuesday. I told you Tuesday it is important for you to get back to me so we know what were doing. Then your child doesn't come today. She wants to textme later instead. So I am going to call by 5 if I hear nothing. Smh, I just wanna term but I know Im pmsing and being emotional. So thats why I just come vent here.
Play Care 11:24 AM 02-10-2016
That kids who showed NO signs of so much as a sniffle decide that naptime is a good time to start coughing.

And I understand that lying down can cause coughing, this is clearly fake "can you hear that I'm up?!" Coughing.

The nap room sounds like a TB ward.
daycarediva 10:00 AM 02-11-2016
Originally Posted by Play Care:
That kids who showed NO signs of so much as a sniffle decide that naptime is a good time to start coughing.

And I understand that lying down can cause coughing, this is clearly fake "can you hear that I'm up?!" Coughing.

The nap room sounds like a TB ward.

I have ONE child who has asthma- she coughs year round. When she starts coughing bad enough, she gets her nebulizer, and some attention (I typically sit her in my lap with a stuffed animal and read to her until her treatment is done). ONE child has caught on, she's not even 2 and yesterday after dcg had a nebulizer, she brought me a book, a stuffed animal, sat in my lap, started fake coughing and said "Cough, cough. See cough." KIDS!
Unregistered 10:46 AM 02-11-2016
I was surprised to find brothers still in last night's diapers this morning. One sprung a leak after being here ten minutes.
Play Care 11:19 AM 02-11-2016
Originally Posted by daycarediva:

I have ONE child who has asthma- she coughs year round. When she starts coughing bad enough, she gets her nebulizer, and some attention (I typically sit her in my lap with a stuffed animal and read to her until her treatment is done). ONE child has caught on, she's not even 2 and yesterday after dcg had a nebulizer, she brought me a book, a stuffed animal, sat in my lap, started fake coughing and said "Cough, cough. See cough." KIDS!
What a stinker!!
Leigh 11:31 AM 02-11-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I was surprised to find brothers still in last night's diapers this morning. One sprung a leak after being here ten minutes.
I have some kids whose dad takes care of bedtime on Tuesdays. 3 Wednesdays in a row, I found the kids in the same diapers that they left my house in the afternoon before! Mom had to ream him 3 times before it stopped. Who would do that to their kids?!
lovemydaycare0912 04:17 AM 02-12-2016
I can't be mad at anyone but myself. One dcb schedule is 8-530. Mom asked yesterday if dad could drop off at 630 because of a schedule change at work. That is my opening time so I said sure as long as dcb is picked up by 330. They agreed. I wake up at 600am. Guess what time dcb shows up? 700am!! Dad didn't even say thank you for the time switch. So first and last time. I need to stop being nice.
lovemydaycare0912 04:18 AM 02-12-2016
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I have some kids whose dad takes care of bedtime on Tuesdays. 3 Wednesdays in a row, I found the kids in the same diapers that they left my house in the afternoon before! Mom had to ream him 3 times before it stopped. Who would do that to their kids?!
Wow thats terrible.
Indoorvoice 04:54 AM 02-12-2016
I knew it was going to be tough working with family, but I hate that they have to test it. In 2 weeks my bil is going on vacation. SIL has to be to work AT 7 which is when I open so they asked if they could drop off a half hour early that week. So bil gets to go on vacation and I have to work harder?? I know I either have to say no, or charge them extra, but I feel like a jerk either way. I wish they would just know better to work this out themselves.
Play Care 06:47 AM 02-12-2016
My two DCB always have wet noses. And, they think it's acceptable to use pant legs to wipe them. The 3 yo doesn't even know how to blow his nose (when I hold the tissue to it)
His sleeve is covered in crusty snot
I feel like a meanie but I've been getting them at arms length when they come in for the wipe, and saying firmly "no! We use tissues!"
Miss A 07:35 AM 02-12-2016
Morning sickness is rough today, added to a cold my SO brought home from work. Today is definitely a laid back day, with an 8 mo old and a 2 year old. 2 year old is playing farm, baby is playing on the floor, and Miss A is laying here in the cozy corner waiting to feel well.
Leigh 08:59 PM 02-12-2016
My two DCB always have wet noses. And, they think it's acceptable to use pant legs to wipe them. The 3 yo doesn't even know how to blow his nose (when I hold the tissue to it)
His sleeve is covered in crusty snot
I feel like a meanie but I've been getting them at arms length when they come in for the wipe, and saying firmly "no! We use tissues!"
I assume you're talking about YOUR pant leg? Is this some instinctual thing with all kids? I can't believe how many kids I've had to chase away from using my pant leg! Eww! I spent nap time one day last week cleaning boogers off my new living room chair, though. I'd have rather had them on my pants!
Play Care 06:00 AM 02-13-2016
I assume you're talking about YOUR pant leg? Is this some instinctual thing with all kids? I can't believe how many kids I've had to chase away from using my pant leg! Eww! I spent nap time one day last week cleaning boogers off my new living room chair, though. I'd have rather had them on my pants!
Ha, yes! And I've been struggling with that same question - pant leg or couch?!
MsLisa 01:58 PM 02-14-2016
Well, I've come to the conclusion that I just may not be cut out for working in companies/business world. I'm never happy in them. I'm always "against the grain". I can't keep my head down and get a pay check. I just don't fit in the that box.

So once again I'm writing a termination letter to the new job I just got 2 weeks ago. I can't take it. I have been physically sick every day I’ve worked (constant headaches, sinus congestion...). They made me come and work the same day I had just stopped violently being sick with a stomach flu 2hrs prior! Its an absolute nightmare.
It's just not for me. I miss creating, giving, and fixing....

I think I’m better off as a Nanny, as I was so happy then. But there are just too many $5/day SAHMs clogging up the area.
Play Care 06:00 AM 02-15-2016
The other week I got a speeding ticket in town. Hubs was annoyed and told me to handle it.

My plan was to plead guilty, pay fines and take my lumps.
Then in the near future take a Defensive Driving course to reduce any points.
He didn't like my plan so yesterday decides to call in favors. And he's making it seem like I wasn't doing anything.

And I apparently have to try to get to court tomorrow at 1:30 - I'm working. And my assistant is away for the week (winter break at schools here) so his "help" made my life harder.

DH's family is from this area, and he's taught at a local school for almost 20 years. The few times he gets pulled over he's usually either went to school with or taught the cop and that's that. Or because his sister is married to the local sheriff he knows most of them. He always plays weekly basketball with the DA of our county. Sooo, he doesn't get tickets
finsup 06:59 PM 02-16-2016
Yes, I am THRILLED that your dcb coughed so hard that he threw up his food and you think its no big deal. I also do not care that it's "just a virus"... Virus or not, cleaning up a disgusting mixture of mucuos and food is mom duty, not mine.
Really frustrated, this used to be my golden family and in the past 6 months they have really started going in the opposite direction
Snowmom 11:57 AM 02-19-2016
I don't know how it's possible, but I just spilled coffee on top of my coffee maker.
Maybe I had one too many (lattes that is). Maybe it's because it's Friday and I can't contain my excitement that 5:00 is a mere 4 hours away.
But now my BFF won't work and I need a good cry.

RIP BFF Keurig. You were good to me and I'm sorry I overused and abused you.
Controlled Chaos 12:27 PM 02-19-2016
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
I don't know how it's possible, but I just spilled coffee on top of my coffee maker.
Maybe I had one too many (lattes that is). Maybe it's because it's Friday and I can't contain my excitement that 5:00 is a mere 4 hours away.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo
lovemydaycare0912 02:07 PM 02-19-2016
We don't close for another 55 minutes and counting. Ny patience has worn out. My dcks are driving me insane. My step son 7 has been here since Tuesday and is also driving me a little nuts. I love him but he just gets a little crazy when there's dcks around. As soon as it hits 6pm I am having a glass of chardonnay. Yum. Enjoy yall weekend!
lovemydaycare0912 02:13 PM 02-19-2016

Aww im so dorry this happened. Im not a coffee drinker but everyday I almost change my mind
Controlled Chaos 02:28 PM 02-19-2016
We don't close for another 55 minutes and counting. Ny patience has worn out. My dcks are driving me insane. My step son 7 has been here since Tuesday and is also driving me a little nuts. I love him but he just gets a little crazy when there's dcks around. As soon as it hits 6pm I am having a glass of chardonnay. Yum. Enjoy yall weekend!
Cheers!
lovemydaycare0912 02:32 PM 02-19-2016
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
Cheers!
Thanks. Ill have a glass for you!
mamamanda 06:04 AM 02-22-2016
Oh. My. Word...All the praise seeking. I know this has been discussed so many times, but it absolutely drives me to the crazy. No matter how the dynamics of the group change, there is always at least one. One of my toddlers has been really working on using his silverware properly. He struggles some, but keeps trying with persistence and a good attitude. Today he was eating so well and I said, "Good job!" Dcg stops eating and looks at me instantly and says, "You say good job dcg." Of course, she's the child that doesn't do a good job at the table, burping on purpose, refusing to eat if its not what she wants, begging for food a few minutes later, etc. She's been using silverware properly for over a year and still asks for help b/c she doesn't want to do it. Very whiny. Yet she wants a "good job" anytime someone else gets one.
I try not to overdo the praise thing for any of them, encouraging them, but not just handing out compliments for the sake of something to say, kwim?
And every single child I've had that's like this is a child that's an absolute handful. If they're not getting all of the attention they are acting out, messing with others, causing problems just to get the attention back on them. Ugh. Rant over.
auntymimi 06:55 AM 02-22-2016
16 mo dcb who still nurses all night, drags around a bottle at home and is still non verbal besides saying mom, no, and hi (totally normal). And dcm decides it's time to potty train! Wth? How about sleep train? That would make MUCH more sense to me. She actually said to me "I think he's ready to start learning to go to the potty." Apparently because he's "so smart" (normal development, nothing extraordinary about him) and he "pats his diaper when he has to go" (I've never seen this behavior). Oh, wait for it, "Since they spend so much time at your house and mom's I thought you guys could start helping him." There it is. Nice try, mom. I'll not be saving you money on diapers while he's at my house. Not yet, anyway.
MunchkinWrangler 11:23 AM 02-23-2016
I currently have a couple spots open and am sure that parents are just crazy. Completely nuts!!! I understand that some providers provide diapers and such but of course charge for it. I have gotten a recent email on what my rates include. I'm this close to sending an email back to this mom, who hasn't even had her child yet, that my rate includes educated childcare at a safe and clean home, that it pays for electricity, water, trash, and my time and effort to reverse you crazy parenting ideas while trying to keep sane myself. She also wants a pickup time after I close, which I sent in my first email that I'm not open that late and good luck with her search. She is still bugging me. Not to mention a June start which, sorry, I'm sure they won't pay for holding that spot either.

How do I politely say I don't offer perks for my rates? I'm licensed, it pays for that and my home that I must maintain and ummmm the current children in my care, whomy family thinks I spend too much money on for food and fun stuff for them. I buy crayons and other fun art supplies and books every month because they enjoy getting new stuff at daycare. I can't wait to find the last 2 good families so I can finally make a profit and have more security. My families are great so far and they have been a true blessing.
childcaremom 11:41 AM 02-23-2016
Originally Posted by MunchkinWrangler:
I currently have a couple spots open and am sure that parents are just crazy. Completely nuts!!! I understand that some providers provide diapers and such but of course charge for it. I have gotten a recent email on what my rates include. I'm this close to sending an email back to this mom, who hasn't even had her child yet, that my rate includes educated childcare at a safe and clean home, that it pays for electricity, water, trash, and my time and effort to reverse you crazy parenting ideas while trying to keep sane myself. She also wants a pickup time after I close, which I sent in my first email that I'm not open that late and good luck with her search. She is still bugging me. Not to mention a June start which, sorry, I'm sure they won't pay for holding that spot either.

How do I politely say I don't offer perks for my rates? I'm licensed, it pays for that and my home that I must maintain and ummmm the current children in my care, whomy family thinks I spend too much money on for food and fun stuff for them. I buy crayons and other fun art supplies and books every month because they enjoy getting new stuff at daycare. I can't wait to find the last 2 good families so I can finally make a profit and have more security. My families are great so far and they have been a true blessing.
Once I wish them well, I ignore any and all further attempts at convos. Especially if they are asking for things that I've gone over or don't do.

Pricing questions I only go so far as to explain that tuition covers snacks and lunch and that I provide equipment. I list what parents are to provide (clothing, diapers, wipes, outdoor gear) and leave it at that. If they question my rates (mine are on the high end) and I'm feeling sassy, I might tell them that it helps to weed out the riff raff. (never done it but have really wanted to)
DaveA 05:16 AM 02-24-2016
20 min before the bus gets here they cancel school due to "rapidly deteriorating road conditions". Ummm......it's been high winds and snowing since just after midnight. Everybody and their dog knew this was going to turn nasty around dawn since yesterday evening. This is going to be a long day.
MunchkinWrangler 07:38 AM 02-24-2016
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
Once I wish them well, I ignore any and all further attempts at convos. Especially if they are asking for things that I've gone over or don't do.

Pricing questions I only go so far as to explain that tuition covers snacks and lunch and that I provide equipment. I list what parents are to provide (clothing, diapers, wipes, outdoor gear) and leave it at that. If they question my rates (mine are on the high end) and I'm feeling sassy, I might tell them that it helps to weed out the riff raff. (never done it but have really wanted to)
I just chose not to respond, it's not worth my time, honestly. I figured what's the point of saying something when I really want to say, what do you think it pays for? In my area, the centers are high dollar, so I feel my rates are reasonable but I don't offer the essentials I believe a parent should provide for their child. Some of the centers do but the weekly rate is astronomical, that is why I blanch when people say my rates are high because I know my competition. I really don't think they get how much it would cost to provide diapers and formula for every child. LOL on the clothing and outdoor gear, so far I haven't had issues except for winter gear but a newsletter helped a lot.
delferka 08:17 AM 02-24-2016
Does anyone have a child that is ridiculous about breaking things? Not only is he rough with toys, today he waked into my living room and pulled by Bombay lamp ( by the cord) off of the end stand and smashed it. He's 1 and a half. I feel like these parents should be responsible for this!
Pepperth 11:01 AM 02-24-2016
I don't like to vent on my facebook page, so here goes. I've been sick for the last month. Three weeks ago, I went in and it was a cold that had turned into bronchitis. Antibiotics cleared that mostly up, but my asthma was acting up for a bit after that. Two days ago was the best I've felt in a long time. Then yesterday I came down with a fever. Not enough of a fever that I'd exclude myself if I were a daycare child, but still....I'm just getting run down. I don't think I've had a full day to myself without commitments since this has started. Even if i closed daycare for a day, my toddler would still be around, and he is the one I have to chase around the most. The weekends have been hard because DH works every other one or so, and Sunday's I have to clean, shop and prep for daycare for the week. (Especially since I've not had the energy to do it after daycare lately.) Spring needs to come and soon!
lovemydaycare0912 04:52 PM 02-24-2016
I just had such a long afternoon. Almost made me want to quit but then I remember my ultimate goal is to open a center and be retired by 40. only 15 more years, hopefully sooner.
Febby 06:57 PM 02-24-2016
Originally Posted by delferka:
Does anyone have a child that is ridiculous about breaking things? Not only is he rough with toys, today he waked into my living room and pulled by Bombay lamp ( by the cord) off of the end stand and smashed it. He's 1 and a half. I feel like these parents should be responsible for this!
I have one, but mine is 4 and special needs. He's gotten a lot better, but I still occasionally catch him destroying (or attempting to destroy) totally random things. Like the "unbreakable" color lenses...

On a totally unrelated note, my kids have been fine but a couple of my co-workers are driving me absolutely insane! They're on diets, which is totally their business, except it's the only thing they want to talk about. One was in my room giving my co-teacher a lunch break and no matter how many times I tried to redirect her I kept hearing about how she eats abc and doesn't eat xyz and has lost all this weight and have I tried that diet yet and is that why I'm so skinny and how surprised she is that fruit tastes so good and blahblahblah.
Sunshine74 08:09 PM 02-24-2016
Originally Posted by Febby:
I have one, but mine is 4 and special needs. He's gotten a lot better, but I still occasionally catch him destroying (or attempting to destroy) totally random things. Like the "unbreakable" color lenses...

On a totally unrelated note, my kids have been fine but a couple of my co-workers are driving me absolutely insane! They're on diets, which is totally their business, except it's the only thing they want to talk about. One was in my room giving my co-teacher a lunch break and no matter how many times I tried to redirect her I kept hearing about how she eats abc and doesn't eat xyz and has lost all this weight and have I tried that diet yet and is that why I'm so skinny and how surprised she is that fruit tastes so good and blahblahblah.
Ugh, tell me about it. I have a similar, but different issue with co-workers and diets. We are doing a "Biggest Loser" competition at work- nothing crazy, just weighing in once a week and only the people who wanted to participate, did. Certain co-workers are so nosy, you can't take a bite of something unhealthy without them questioning it. "You're eating cheesecake? Aren't you on a diet?" Well, no actually, I am eating healthier, but I am not going to deprive myself. It's not like I eat cake every day.
sulemapenney 08:27 AM 02-25-2016
Ok so I just have to get something off my chest about my daughters pre school here in Sweden.

We moved here many years ago and dont exactly stick out in regards to anything, but my ****ing lord are these Swedes pedantic!! It's like the smallest things, I come home from working an 11 hour shift and I will do my damn best to spend some time with my kid and make sure they've gone to bed feeling safe and snuggly, but the poor kid has to keep relaying messages and letters from the school for things they seem unable to contact me directly for?!

Like issues with other kids, payments for field trips etc. I have no problem paying for any of it but they just never let me blooming know do they?!

Even just trying to check their website I cant see any contact form or nothing, will just have to head over there tomorrow but my lord is it annoying!!!
lovemydaycare0912 10:29 AM 02-25-2016
Is it Friday yet? Ive been asking this since yesterday.
Play Care 10:33 AM 02-25-2016
It rained all day yesterday and all day so far today.
My yard is pretty much a flooded out mess. DH texted and asked me to check the basement - our finished basement - and yep, it's wet. Not bad, thankfully but hoping it doesn't get worse. I've spent nap time cleaning it up. Awesomeness.

I'm hosting DD's girl scout troop for a movie night tomorrow and our entertainment center is in the basement...
Leigh 10:50 AM 02-25-2016
Is it Friday yet? Ive been asking this since yesterday.
I nearly broke down yesterday when I realized it was only Wednesday-I was so sure it was Thursday!
Unregistered 08:25 PM 02-25-2016
I teach the 2-3 year old class at a small center. We have six boys and six girls. The boys keep. hitting. every. thirty. seconds. They hit ME. They do not hit my coteacher for some reason. They also throw toys across the room, and dump toys (like, five small cubby boxes of cars/animals/people at once)I can hardly have story time or sing songs because the boys will all start screaming just to hear themselves scream. The girls cover their ears and get upset. Or they start hitting each other. I try to keep them interested in activites, change things so they don't get bored but if I am not right next to them the behaviors start. I try to catch them being good and give attention for positives, it doesn't seem to make an impact. Time outs don't seem to change anything either. Redirection works if I am right there but as soon as I walk away the throwing and hitting start. Nothing is sinking in! Does anyone have any advice?
I don't even know what to say to parents because I can't say the truth "your child walks around and hits for no reason and gleefully screams no at me like its cute until I remove him from the situation and then cries because I wouldn't let him slap the other kids. Otherwise he is DELIGHTFUL." It wasn't always like this and I don't know how to fix it. Ugh!
SnowGirl 07:25 AM 02-26-2016
It rained all day yesterday and all day so far today.
My yard is pretty much a flooded out mess. DH texted and asked me to check the basement - our finished basement - and yep, it's wet. Not bad, thankfully but hoping it doesn't get worse. I've spent nap time cleaning it up. Awesomeness.

I'm hosting DD's girl scout troop for a movie night tomorrow and our entertainment center is in the basement...
Oh no!!! No back yard and no basement! So sorry!
SnowGirl 07:27 AM 02-26-2016
How do all my kids manage to wake up on the wrong side of the bed/crib on a Friday?! This is supposed to be my happy day and I've been living in tantrum town over here!
lovemydaycare0912 07:38 AM 02-26-2016
I nearly broke down yesterday when I realized it was only Wednesday-I was so sure it was Thursday!
Glad Im not the only one. Happy Friday!
Snowmom 11:49 AM 02-26-2016
Stop sending your 2 year old hefty boy in skinny jeans.

I feel like I'm torturing him every time I have to peel them off to change his diaper, then stuff him back in.

Controlled Chaos 12:33 PM 02-26-2016
Stop sending your 2 year old hefty boy in skinny jeans.

I feel like I'm torturing him every time I have to peel them off to change his diaper, then stuff him back in.

I had child I once changed into sweats when he got here and back into skinny jeans before pick up. It just wasn't worth it. Now I do that for the baby that keeps being sen in overall. YES she looks adorable NO I don't want to do 100 snaps ever 2 hours.
MissNo 07:24 PM 02-26-2016
2-3 year olds. Everyone keeps hitting, not hard because they're little but the victim cries anyway even though its highly likely they have also been hitting. Circle time is impossible. I almost do not even care anymore. Go ahead and hit each other. No amount of positive guidance or consequences matter.
My class is like the Hunger Games.
MsLisa 11:57 AM 02-27-2016
This area is sooooo damn saturated with SAHM wannabe babysitters that one even had the nerve to mimic my ad on Craigslist. I guess I should be flattered but holy heck, back the heck off. I spent a lot of time and energy making my website, coming up with my ads and all that. And for what? To be one of 1000 others in this god forsaken area that think they can do it too.
I really don't want to resort to retail or another stupid arse center.....
Hunni Bee 06:05 AM 02-29-2016
I'm losing my favorite kid
Sunshine74 11:22 AM 02-29-2016
Today is the Monday-est Monday ever. I'm exhausted and the day's only half over.
Miss A 01:04 PM 02-29-2016
Originally Posted by Sunshine74:
Today is the Monday-est Monday ever. I'm exhausted and the day's only half over.
Agreed! And mine all woke up SUPER crabby after nap. So many activities were planned for today, and not a single one was done because of the serious Monday funk on these Kiddos. Tomorrow better be better!
MunchkinWrangler 07:47 PM 02-29-2016
Originally Posted by Miss A:
Agreed! And mine all woke up SUPER crabby after nap. So many activities were planned for today, and not a single one was done because of the serious Monday funk on these Kiddos. Tomorrow better be better!
Ugh same here. And I actually woke up in a great mood today!!!
MunchkinWrangler 07:50 PM 02-29-2016
This area is sooooo damn saturated with SAHM wannabe babysitters that one even had the nerve to mimic my ad on Craigslist. I guess I should be flattered but holy heck, back the heck off. I spent a lot of time and energy making my website, coming up with my ads and all that. And for what? To be one of 1000 others in this god forsaken area that think they can do it too.
I really don't want to resort to retail or another stupid arse center.....
I about vented the same thing. All my responses to my ads have been, well this one can do it for this price and blah blah blah. A lot of emails, no interviews. I'm beyond frustrated. I wish you luck, we should just start flagging all the SAHM's ads.
ChelseaB 11:18 AM 03-01-2016
Why? Just why?!? I have THAT baby. The one who has been raised with attachment parenting. The one that SCREAMS (not just cries, absolutely screams bloody murder). She is nursed to sleep (she does NOT drink from bottles), and DCM admits that she is NEVER alone with anyone else, Mom is always around (even dad never has her without mom). Except me. Baby will only remain relatively calm if I'm holding her. Sometimes. I do my best to entertain her with toys and books, but if I even get up to assist another child, she screams and crawls after me. I will do my best to redirect her attention, picking her up and replacing her with her things -- nope. She continues to scream and crawls right back after me. She is only here for maybe 2 hrs 2 days a week in the afternoon. She has already had nap and breastmilk, I'll often give her her food lunch. Otherwise, we spend the rest of our time listening to her scream.

I'm at my wits end. I do want to help this mom because she is wonderful. But baby is miserable and will want to crawl to the door where mom exited and cry for her. I often spend the first few minutes with her leaning toward that door, waiting for mom to come back. I have never...it only gets worse as the hours drag on. Mom has come back and picked her up before when it was absolutely unacceptable -- she understands the issues, but I don't know if home life is changing to help accommodate baby. I feel like I just need to term and wash my hands of the situation, but I hate admitting defeat and don't want to let this lovely family down. Agh. Only 40 more minutes to go.
Blackcat31 11:28 AM 03-01-2016
Originally Posted by ChelseaB:
Why? Just why?!? I have THAT baby. The one who has been raised with attachment parenting. The one that SCREAMS (not just cries, absolutely screams bloody murder). She is nursed to sleep (she does NOT drink from bottles), and DCM admits that she is NEVER alone with anyone else, Mom is always around (even dad never has her without mom). Except me. Baby will only remain relatively calm if I'm holding her. Sometimes. I do my best to entertain her with toys and books, but if I even get up to assist another child, she screams and crawls after me. I will do my best to redirect her attention, picking her up and replacing her with her things -- nope. She continues to scream and crawls right back after me. She is only here for maybe 2 hrs 2 days a week in the afternoon. She has already had nap and breastmilk, I'll often give her her food lunch. Otherwise, we spend the rest of our time listening to her scream.

I'm at my wits end. I do want to help this mom because she is wonderful. But baby is miserable and will want to crawl to the door where mom exited and cry for her. I often spend the first few minutes with her leaning toward that door, waiting for mom to come back. I have never...it only gets worse as the hours drag on. Mom has come back and picked her up before when it was absolutely unacceptable -- she understands the issues, but I don't know if home life is changing to help accommodate baby. I feel like I just need to term and wash my hands of the situation, but I hate admitting defeat and don't want to let this lovely family down. Agh. Only 40 more minutes to go.
terminating is NOT defeat. I wish providers didnt automatically feel that way. Its not YOUR job to fix anything.

In this situation its no different than me putting you in the desert and telling you to pour yourself a glass of water. Its simply not doable.

Mom is not giving her child the skills to thrive in child care and that leaves you basically rowing against the current....kwim?

Mom might be the nicest mom ever but nice doesnt fix this.

NOamount of money would be worth it for me to continue on. I would term. Especially because its not even full time income.
Josiegirl 02:03 AM 03-02-2016
Completely agree with BC about letting the baby go. Two hours 2 days a week isn't going to fix anything. Is she hoping to build into FT? I still wouldn't do it. A family group isn't built for adding another child this high maintenance. Takes away so much from everyone else, especially you!!
Annalee 07:01 PM 03-02-2016
I sent dcg1 and dcg2 home at 3 today with 101 temps. dcg1 mom said "I have meds that will fix her up and will see you in the morn".....I said "no ma'am, she has to be fever free for 24 hours without meds".....she looked at me like I was not human We will see how this plays out! The mom of dcg2 said she knew when she left dcg2 this morn, she didn't feel good Providers should NOT have to tell parents when to bring and not bring their child to daycare....I get tired of "telling" all the time!
childcaremom 01:39 AM 03-03-2016
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I sent dcg1 and dcg2 home at 3 today with 101 temps. dcg1 mom said "I have meds that will fix her up and will see you in the morn".....I said "no ma'am, she has to be fever free for 24 hours without meds".....she looked at me like I was not human We will see how this plays out! The mom of dcg2 said she knew when she left dcg2 this morn, she didn't feel good Providers should NOT have to tell parents when to bring and not bring their child to daycare....I get tired of "telling" all the time!
HUGE pet peeve of mine, as well. I switched to the 24/48 rule because of dcps like this.
Janiam 11:33 AM 03-03-2016
DCB 4 had a huge potty accident five minutes before pick up yesterday, I won't go into gross details but the fact that he tried to clean it up himself made things so much worse I clean up kiddo first, say you need to not hold it so long and ask for help if you have an accident. Then clean up nd sanitize bathroom. Quietly out of earshot tell diva DCM what happened, I can tell she is emberrassed and doesn't want to hear it. Today. I get phone call from DCD saying how emberrassed DCB is and how much they trust me butDCB hasn't had an accident in a very long time and and he's not trying be over protective but.....
But what! Your kid pooped himself...get over it. DCM had Dad call me a few months ago to grill me about a time out.
Hate to break it to you DCM your child isn't perfect. I really mind feeling like I will get reprimanded by DCD everytime DCM feels a little emberrassed about typical kid behaviors.
Leigh 12:46 PM 03-03-2016
Originally Posted by Janiam:
DCB 4 had a huge potty accident five minutes before pick up yesterday, I won't go into gross details but the fact that he tried to clean it up himself made things so much worse I clean up kiddo first, say you need to not hold it so long and ask for help if you have an accident. Then clean up nd sanitize bathroom. Quietly out of earshot tell diva DCM what happened, I can tell she is emberrassed and doesn't want to hear it. Today. I get phone call from DCD saying how emberrassed DCB is and how much they trust me butDCB hasn't had an accident in a very long time and and he's not trying be over protective but.....
But what! Your kid pooped himself...get over it. DCM had Dad call me a few months ago to grill me about a time out.
Hate to break it to you DCM your child isn't perfect. I really mind feeling like I will get reprimanded by DCD everytime DCM feels a little emberrassed about typical kid behaviors.
Somehow it's YOUR fault that their kid pooped his pants? It would have been so hard not to tell DCD and DCM how STOOOOPID they are! lol.
Blackcat31 01:24 PM 03-03-2016
I would be telling DCM that the next time DCD calls you to "yell" at you, it will be the last time. I would terminate care over something like that because it is nothing short of disrespectful and rude!
Leigh 01:27 PM 03-03-2016
It's 3:25 where I live. Do you all think it's too early to open a bottle of wine? Kidding, sort of. When will this week end? I've been working on daycare paperwork, taxes, spring cleaning, organization, and more this week on top of kids who are just WAY too full of energy this week. I really need to get on ADD meds. Seriously. Too much started, nothing finished.
Janiam 01:53 PM 03-03-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I would be telling DCM that the next time DCD calls you to "yell" at you, it will be the last time. I would terminate care over something like that because it is nothing short of disrespectful and rude!
It is very rude. I'm not sure I can recover my feelings towards this family at this point. How about an 'i'm so sorry that happened'. Not that I need an apology but after cleaning up a substantial mess I really don't need a reeming. DCB only comes 3days a week after pre-k and only becouse they are long time clients. I would have given their tuition back to not have to clean up that mess.
To make things worse, their baby is on the wait list. I don't see that happening.
Janiam 01:59 PM 03-03-2016
It's 3:25 where I live. Do you all think it's too early to open a bottle of wine? Kidding, sort of. When will this week end? I've been working on daycare paperwork, taxes, spring cleaning, organization, and more this week on top of kids who are just WAY too full of energy this week. I really need to get on ADD meds. Seriously. Too much started, nothing finished.
I don't drink wine...but that sounds really good! This is turning out to be a very long week here too.
Besides the 50+hr work week, getting through taxes and classes and teenagers I'm running on fumes. Poop fumes apparently...
Josiegirl 02:09 PM 03-03-2016
I don't drink wine...but that sounds really good! This is turning out to be a very long week here too.
Besides the 50+hr work week, getting through taxes and classes and teenagers I'm running on fumes. Poop fumes apparently...
Well open a window and take a nice long deep clean-air breath!! And then sing Hallelujah tomorrow's Friday!!

Does dcm have dh call over every little thing? Is that somehow supposed to intimidate you to change what you're doing or something? I hope you were firm and assertive with him, tell him next time you'll call him from work to come clean it up instead.
I think I'd get my wait list out and start making calls, then give them 2 weeks saying you're no longer a good fit for their ds.
Janiam 02:28 PM 03-03-2016
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Well open a window and take a nice long deep clean-air breath!! And then sing Hallelujah tomorrow's Friday!!

Does dcm have dh call over every little thing? Is that somehow supposed to intimidate you to change what you're doing or something? I hope you were firm and assertive with him, tell him next time you'll call him from work to come clean it up instead.
I think I'd get my wait list out and start making calls, then give them 2 weeks saying you're no longer a good fit for their ds.
This is the 2nd or 3rd time. And the last. I do not need to replace this child. I would be relieved to lighten my load a little. Yes, I do think it's a passive aggressive attempt of intimidation. How dare anyone tell DCM her son isn't perfect. Accidents happen. Yes, DCB is embarrassed....shouldn't he be? I am willing to bet some learning through discovery took place. He was obviously trying to wait to go home to poop and didn't make it. Things happen and they learn. Her syrupy sweetness when she dropped off two hours after dads phone call got a very chilly reception.
lovemydaycare0912 04:09 AM 03-04-2016
Its Friday. There's surprise snow on the ground. I don't have to be up for another 30 minutes and one of my parents keeps calling the house phone. They're not due in for another hour. I'll call back in 30 minutes. We already discussed with every parent no early drop offs last minute. Mehhhhhh
Josiegirl 10:45 AM 03-04-2016
Janiam, Oh but it's a big no-no to let any child feel embarrassment anymore!

Three hours and 15 more minutes til the weekend for me!
Janiam 02:09 PM 03-04-2016
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Janiam, Oh but it's a big no-no to let any child feel embarrassment anymore!

Three hours and 15 more minutes til the weekend for me!
Yeah I know, but seriuosly, our kids would miss out on a lot of learning opportunites if they never felt mad, sad or a little embarrassed about something. I think it's called life skills
Play Care 03:16 AM 03-07-2016
I stayed up late to watch the last Downton Abbey and I didn't sleep well on top of that. I'm exhausted and look like I've been hit by a truck. Which would be fine except I have an interview this morning with a potential day care client.
childcaremom 04:34 AM 03-07-2016
Monday.

Dcm blaming me that her son is not prepared for the day. I didn't tell her. Lame. Told her to drop the required items off or pick him up by outdoor time.

Not.even.in.the.mood.for.parent.shenanigans.
lovemydaycare0912 04:52 AM 03-07-2016
Monday.

Dcm blaming me that her son is not prepared for the day. I didn't tell her. Lame. Told her to drop the required items off or pick him up by outdoor time.

Not.even.in.the.mood.for.parent.shenanigans.
What would you do if she does neither? Im praying i dont have to send anyone away due to not having their crib sheet.
childcaremom 05:57 AM 03-07-2016
What would you do if she does neither? Im praying i dont have to send anyone away due to not having their crib sheet.
Well my policy is to 1-turn away at the door (if I catch it then, which I don't check, parents job to have their child prepared) and they must go get items with their child and return by 9 am OR 2- I call for pick up if I notice that they are missing anything.

I gave her the option to bring it by outdoor time. She tried to blame me for her forgetting so I told her to bring it or pick up by outdoor time.

I would have given her a 15 mins window of us being outdoors before calling for him to be picked up immediately, letting her know that late fees are accumulating.

She is also losing the option of having me write down what he needs. Yes I do that as an EXTRA reminder for parents because I can/have/do send home if kids are not prepared. Done with that. Esp. because she forgets half the time, anyways. Check his bag. What goes home must come back. Consider it training for school next year. You're welcome.

She dropped off 3 mins late, looking twitchy. I'll let the late fees slide. This time.

I'm not normally this twitchy, myself but this is a sticking point for me. Outdoor time. It is why most of my parents sign up with me. So when they are not prepared, it's annoying, yes, but for pete's sake just get the stuff to me. And please don't blame me/get mad at me/throw eye daggers at me because YOU forgot!
Leigh 07:13 AM 03-07-2016
I stayed up late to watch the last Downton Abbey and I didn't sleep well on top of that. I'm exhausted and look like I've been hit by a truck. Which would be fine except I have an interview this morning with a potential day care client.
Don't talk about it! I stayed up til 1 doing paperwork, though my intention was to watch DA when the replay came on at 11:30. I can't wait to see it tonight!
Miss A 07:34 AM 03-07-2016
I did too, and while I am tired, I do not regret it! I did go to bed feeling a bit sad though, I loved Downton! It is so hard to see the end come!
Play Care 07:47 AM 03-07-2016
I did too, and while I am tired, I do not regret it! I did go to bed feeling a bit sad though, I loved Downton! It is so hard to see the end come!
It was!! Without ruining it for Leigh , I will say I was satisfied with how it ended. So much so that I think a movie ( which has been rumored) might ruin it for me
Miss A 08:27 AM 03-07-2016
It was!! Without ruining it for Leigh , I will say I was satisfied with how it ended. So much so that I think a movie ( which has been rumored) might ruin it for me
Yes, I don't want to ruin it for Leigh, but I too was very satisfied with the ending. I think that any more elaboration or additional details would only leave us hungry for more, and I love the stopping point they reached. I do have to say, my SO is so relieved that he no longer has to watch Downton on Sunday Nights! Never once did he complain, but I could tell last night he was extra happy that the end had come
lovemydaycare0912 03:43 PM 03-07-2016
Well my policy is to 1-turn away at the door (if I catch it then, which I don't check, parents job to have their child prepared) and they must go get items with their child and return by 9 am OR 2- I call for pick up if I notice that they are missing anything.

I gave her the option to bring it by outdoor time. She tried to blame me for her forgetting so I told her to bring it or pick up by outdoor time.

I would have given her a 15 mins window of us being outdoors before calling for him to be picked up immediately, letting her know that late fees are accumulating.

She is also losing the option of having me write down what he needs. Yes I do that as an EXTRA reminder for parents because I can/have/do send home if kids are not prepared. Done with that. Esp. because she forgets half the time, anyways. Check his bag. What goes home must come back. Consider it training for school next year. You're welcome.

She dropped off 3 mins late, looking twitchy. I'll let the late fees slide. This time.

I'm not normally this twitchy, myself but this is a sticking point for me. Outdoor time. It is why most of my parents sign up with me. So when they are not prepared, it's annoying, yes, but for pete's sake just get the stuff to me. And please don't blame me/get mad at me/throw eye daggers at me because YOU forgot!
Yes I have to add all that good stuff to my handbook. Even though I don't have the crib sheet stuff in writing we let the parents know because A) I thought it was common sense. Guess not. Thankfully only 1 parent forgot and came back and brought us the crib sheets before nap time.
lovemydaycare0912 03:47 PM 03-07-2016
I saw someone post on craigslist that they need someone 7-2 m-t and 7-430 w-f for only $200 a MONTH. That's for 2 kids. so $50 a week. $10 a day? WHAAATTTTTTTTTT?!
Play Care 03:00 AM 03-08-2016
The "potty trained" 3 yo boy in my care. At least he doesn't have accidents, but that's the only positive here.
Baby Beluga 01:10 PM 03-08-2016
Almost 4 year old peed on the bathroom floor. Said he did it "on purpose"

Not a drop got in the toilet. Nothing on the seat. Just on the floor. It's like he didn't even try
finsup 05:48 PM 03-08-2016
Ugh! Never start a question with "I know you have the daycare but..." No. Just no. I am working, you should know better to invite yourself and child over just because he wants to play with my kid. And saying "we could come to you" ....uh do you think I can just get up and leave?! Really people, I am working. I've got a busy enough day. I don't need an extra kid or adult to entertain.
Indoorvoice 06:36 PM 03-08-2016
Originally Posted by finsup:
Ugh! Never start a question with "I know you have the daycare but..." No. Just no. I am working, you should know better to invite yourself and child over just because he wants to play with my kid. And saying "we could come to you" ....uh do you think I can just get up and leave?! Really people, I am working. I've got a busy enough day. I don't need an extra kid or adult to entertain.
This is my number one pet peeve since starting daycare. All my sahm friends want to come over and hang out and bring all their kids. No. Just no. And my working friends think I can just take their kids when their daycare is closed or the kids are sick! No matter how many times I say no, they ask anyway!
MsLisa 07:48 AM 03-09-2016
I saw someone post on craigslist that they need someone 7-2 m-t and 7-430 w-f for only $200 a MONTH. That's for 2 kids. so $50 a week. $10 a day? WHAAATTTTTTTTTT?!
Oh Oh OH, I have this beat by miles....
http://scranton.craigslist.org/kid/5483385375.html
THIS is why I can't get a single client. THIS. RIGHT. HERE.
$15 A WEEK.....
$60 A MONTH......
What the literally F is wrong with PA any more......
My evens just can't right now.
Leigh 08:01 AM 03-09-2016
$15 A WEEK.....
$60 A MONTH......
There are registered daycares in my area charging $75 a week, and I can't believe THAT! Who would trust someone who is charging $15 a week? I couldn't feed a kid one meal a day on that!
Miss A 08:14 AM 03-09-2016
There are registered daycares in my area charging $75 a week, and I can't believe THAT! Who would trust someone who is charging $15 a week? I couldn't feed a kid one meal a day on that!
In my area there is a licensed provider that charges $75.00 per week, and also provides all diapers, wipes, formula, and baby food. The provider is always full, despite the fact that the quality of care is awful. The house is always a mess, the lack of supervision is evident in the coloring in the walls, floors, and shelves. I have a infant in my care who started in that daycare, but was termed because the provider " didn't have time for them". The infant needs more time because she has a small disability, and the provider could not just prop a bottle and provide minimum care. It disgusts me.
Leigh 08:26 AM 03-09-2016
In my area there is a licensed provider that charges $75.00 per week, and also provides all diapers, wipes, formula, and baby food. The provider is always full, despite the fact that the quality of care is awful. The house is always a mess, the lack of supervision is evident in the coloring in the walls, floors, and shelves. I have a infant in my care who started in that daycare, but was termed because the provider " didn't have time for them". The infant needs more time because she has a small disability, and the provider could not just prop a bottle and provide minimum care. It disgusts me.
I guess those providers charge what they feel they're worth. We had one charging $50 a week in our area who was literally locking kids in a room alone and leaving infants in car seats all day. I know that some parents only care about "try not to let them die" type of cheap care, but it saddens me. I truly WISH that the childcare assistance programs could help more parents get their kids into quality care. I have a single mom who got TEN dollars a week in assistance, supporting 2 kids with no child support, and was making $10 an hour. I cut her a deal-I couldn't imagine having to leave my kids with a cut-rate childcare because it's all I could afford. I DON'T discount rates, but this mom was getting screwed by the system because she worked. I just felt like I HAD to. Had she chosen to stay home doing nothing, she could have lived a better life than she does working.
ChelseaB 08:38 AM 03-09-2016
Unfortunately, I'm not that surprised about the $75/week. In my area, that's probably about average, but I charge $100/week for full time flat rate. My daily rate is otherwise $25/day. I believe most other providers like me charge approx the same, give or take $5. But centers here, they're the ones who are able to get away with charging next to nothing simply because they get so much business and make money in numbers. I don't get it either because I barely make enough to make everything add up. I provide meals, and I probably do better menus than a lot of others. Ugh. I could probably charge $10 less/day and require All food to be provided like others and make so much more money for my business. Blah. Good thing we aren't in it for the money! Haha
ChelseaB 08:52 AM 03-09-2016
On another note, I have been pretty blessed with having kids who mostly eat whatever I serve. My kids especially love soups and casseroles, etc, so I've taken full advantage of that to incorporate veggies and grains! They always devour their fruits, and if I serve a veggie they aren't as crazy about, I simply serve it first when they're hungriest because they'll nearly always eat it. However.......

This week, I've started a 3yo DCB. He's a pretty great kid, but he absolutely will NOT eat anything I serve if it resembles healthy. Such as eggs with wheat toast and yogurt for breakfast and chili soup with veggies and a few tortilla chips and applesauce -- my kids normally devour those things, but new DCB? Not. A. Chance. He refused any breakfast other than his yogurt and he would only eat his chips and demanded more. No sir, DCB, we need to eat our soup too! He sat there and refused any more. He finally ate his applesauce because he was hungry but dang. My other kids spoiled me! Oh well, I guess he'll eat if he's hungry enough! But I suppose it makes sense since at drop off, GM said that he hadn't had anything for breakfast, just a bite of candy bar. Oh dear...I know what this means!
lovemydaycare0912 09:05 AM 03-09-2016
$15 A WEEK.....
$60 A MONTH......
Uhm what?!?!?!?!?!?! Ridiculous.
Blackcat31 10:12 AM 03-09-2016
$15 A WEEK.....
$60 A MONTH......
almost sounds like one of those "baby stealing" scams... Bring your kid and $20 (gas money) and you'll never see little Jr again!
MsLisa 10:49 AM 03-09-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
almost sounds like one of those "baby stealing" scams... Bring your kid and $20 (gas money) and you'll never see little Jr again!
I know right!
I can literally picture this type of woman, right down to the chain smoking & 4+ kids of her own too. They are literally taking over the area.

Of course no one is going to want a respectable Nanny around here with that non-sense! Why get great care that cost more when Dollar Diana will do it for almost nothing!?
"Psh, stop crying Jr.. Grab a candy bar and watch more Spongebob.....Dollar Diana needs another cig......"
Blackcat31 11:32 AM 03-09-2016
I know right!
I can literally picture this type of woman, right down to the chain smoking & 4+ kids of her own too. They are literally taking over the area.

Of course no one is going to want a respectable Nanny around here with that non-sense! Why get great care that cost more when Dollar Diana will do it for almost nothing!?
"Psh, stop crying Jr.. Grab a candy bar and watch more Spongebob.....Dollar Diana needs another cig......"
Dollar Diana ......

Hunni Bee 11:53 AM 03-09-2016
But why would you do anything for $15, say it is real. I wouldn't bother babysitting a goldfish for $15 a week. He must be planning on taking in 10-15 kids to make that even slightly worthwhile.

Maybe he's a billionaire.
MKdaycare 06:12 PM 03-09-2016
I was helping out a mom with child care issues. I've always felt she was a little shady, because of all the "problems" she has with her providers, but didn't mind helping her out when she was in a bind if I had the space -- but always with an end date.

I had the kids scheduled Monday and Tuesday. We had a gmail calendar she accesses as a reminder.

So I'm expecting her 9:30 on Monday, and she doesn't show. At 10:00, I FB message her, as that is how we usually communicate. No answer.

Later in the day, I can see she's been active on messenger and she's posting on FB, but she's leaving my message unanswered.

I wasn't even going to go any further, but Tuesday afternoon, I decided to message that I had assumed something came up on Monday, but was surprised not to hear from her on Tuesday. Told her it seemed she must have made other arrangements for the kids, and I hope everything works out -- mostly just to wrap up our relationship nicely.

Today I get a message that she's been working at night -- which is true, so she's been sleeping instead of going to class, but she's going to try to change her school schedule.

I message back that I hope they let her change her schedule.

What I don't message is that I feel like the least she can do is apologize for not showing or not responding -- you know, common decency, especially for someone that has helped you out when you were in a bind more than once.

Especially since your oldest kid is exhausting, probably because -- Surprise! She has no consistency.

Oh, and I listen when you talk, so I figured out who your other provider is, and according to the pictures she posted on FB, you slept through class, but magically transported your kids to her house on Monday and Tuesday.

Never call or message me again for any purpose -- but especially for child care.

You. Are. The. Worst.
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37  ... Last
Reply Up