Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Didn't Even Get To Kiss And Hug My Dds Before School This Morning....
Soccermom 04:19 AM 11-22-2012
I am just feeling really sad right now...I know I am being overly emotional about something pretty silly but....I didn't even get to give a Goodbye kiss to my little ones this morning.
One DCK couldn't find his mitten, the other one couldn't zip her coat, then one was being super slow, one couldn't fit her hat over her hairdo.....it was one thing after the other. I rushed them all out the door to catch the bus telling them to run and then threw a coat on my DS, put my own coat and shoes on and sped out the door but by the time I opened it I could hear the sound of the bus coming and the voice of my youngest DD yelling - Mommy, the bus is coming, hurry Mommy!
Needless to say Mommy didn't make it in time....
By the time I got there, all I saw was the sad look of my youngest DD's face. She was waving to me through the school bus window....
I guess next week we start getting ready 10 minutes earlier than usual to avoid this happening again but for today....I am sad and just so done with caring for other ppls children....I just want to be there for my kids. I wish I didn't have to do this.
It's not just this, it is so many other things...not being able to really talk to them when they walk in the door afterschool, not being able help them with art projects because I have to help the younger ones more, not being able to prepare them a big breakfast before school because I am making breakfast for everyone else, them not being able to participate in afterschool sports because I can't go get them....I could go on and on....I guess things like this are just a constant reminder of how much my own children suffer because of what I do.
There is nothing I can do about it right now but just needed to get that off my chest this morning...now I have to put on a happy face for DS and go teach playschool at the community center.
makap 05:42 AM 11-22-2012
I know how you feel. I started doing daycare again when my son was 3.

I had done it for many years before when my 4 children were small but when they started school I went back to work. My older children are all grown now but I had another child and decided to stay at home with him. He is 9 now and I am still doing this but it was very difficult for a while. I too felt as you do.

I was starting at 8 am and finishing at 6 630 pm every night and it really sucked! I could never do things with him, it was a rush to get him out the door in the morning, it was just crazy busy and heartbreaking for me. The guilt I felt was enormous.

Are you able to change your hours or let the before school kids go

I changed my hours to make it work better and relieve my mommy guilt. As the children I had aged out and went to school I only replaced with those who could work within those hours. I now start at 6 30 am and finish at 4 30 which is great for us. He gets home at 4. I did not do before school or after school until just last month when I started a 1 year old baby boy from a past family who has 3 sisters. It is a little more hectic in the mornings but I make it work to be able to finish earlier and spend the evening with my son.

How old are the ones you have to put on the bus (my question mark key does not work) Mine are older 7-8 and 9 so it is probably easier for me in some ways.

It took me a few weeks but I found that a bit of organizing and planning made it better. I was so disorganized!

I do make sure that they are ready wayyyyy before it is time to get out there. (and I make sure they all go pee one at a time starting at 7 30 because someone always needed to do that AFTER they got outside.

At times when I was feeling like this I had to just think of the positives. positives, it helped a bit. You are home when your child gets home from school and your presence is felt even if you can`t really talk right away. You can have dinner ready at a decent time and you can get things done during the day that you would not be able to do if working outside your home. If you had a 9-5 job out of your home you would still be rushing in the morning and have to come home and pickup from the morning rush, make dinner and not have as much time with your children. Plus your son would need daycare as well.

It would be a dream to not have to work at all but not many of us are that fortunate.

I Hope you have a better rest of the day. *Hugs*
Country Kids 08:41 AM 11-22-2012
I totally know how you feel! I love my job but wish it had a little more flexibility.

I have children that need to be picked up after school from things and I always have to arrange other rides for them. Its extremely rare I can take them to appts. or things like that.

My one child gets very upset because they want to tell me something but when they get home the other SA will tell me before my child gets a chance. I told them not to tell me anything about school, please save it for their parents and then I have mine fill me in on their day.

Two of mine I can't help for about 3 hours afterschool with homework because we can't concentrate on it when I have little ones here. It would be nice though to get a jump start on this.

I'm hoping next year might be easier because they will all be out of elementary school but I know that means more right after school stuff and that is just sooooooooo hard.

If you need to talk more please feel free to pm me. I'm here to listen and I do know how you feel.
Mom&Provider 03:59 PM 11-22-2012
I hear ya.

I too feel like there are some days I get upset at my own crew since there is too much going on and we'll end up late for the school bell if we don't MOVE IT! I find the worst parts of the day are at drop off and before pick-ups...
Tags:saddened
Reply Up