Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Replacing Fire Extinguishers, How Often
daycare 11:37 AM 07-26-2013
Does anyone know how often we need to change out our fire extinguishers for a large family childcare in CA????
MrsSteinel'sHouse 11:38 AM 07-26-2013
in Ohio as long as mine is in the green it is ok.
MarinaVanessa 12:38 PM 07-26-2013
I'm in CA. If you get a disposable kind then you have to get a new one every year or if you use it. If you get the refillable kind then you have to get it serviced and inspected every year (or if you use it) but you don't have to "replace" it unless the fire extinguisher can no longer be refilled and/or is broken. The service company will let you know if you need to replace it when you have it serviced. Usually it's not needed for many many many years (usually 5-10 years but as many as 15 years for some extinguishers. It depends on what extinguisher you get).
sharlan 12:49 PM 07-26-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I'm in CA. If you get a disposable kind then you have to get a new one every year or if you use it. If you get the refillable kind then you have to get it serviced and inspected every year (or if you use it) but you don't have to "replace" it unless the fire extinguisher can no longer be refilled and/or is broken. The service company will let you know if you need to replace it when you have it serviced. Usually it's not needed for many many many years (usually 5-10 years but as many as 15 years for some extinguishers. It depends on what extinguisher you get).
I bought the rechargeable ones and have them serviced every year. The guy calls me when it's due so I don't even have to remember to do it.
Crystal 01:39 PM 07-26-2013
You need a minimum size of 2:A:10BC and it either needs to be replaced or recharged annually. I just buy a new one at Home Depot, only the larger 3A10BC size for $20, it is cheaper than having someone come recharge it.
daycare 01:42 PM 07-26-2013
Originally Posted by Crystal:
You need a minimum size of 2:A:10BC and it either needs to be replaced or recharged annually. I just buy a new one at Home Depot, only the larger 3A10BC size for $20, it is cheaper than having someone come recharge it.
I have a 2a10bc and it cost me $48 a home depot...... SO I have to have it serviced? I think I should just buy a new one.....ugh...I hate that the state never send me anything on this stuff or has it posted someone online....
Meeko 04:57 PM 07-26-2013
We must have ours inspected and tagged every year. After 10 years, we must have a new one.
Tags:fire extinguisher
Reply Up