Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sent Home Kiddo Today
spud912 02:01 PM 02-12-2014
My contract states 2+ loose stools, but her 1 stool was SOOO incredibly bad I had to send her home! Plus, dcm told me yesterday that she had some diarrhea on Monday night. She didn't defecate all yesterday and then this today. It was squirting out of her diaper like a geyser.....pure liquid water. In the 5 minutes the diaper was on her, she somehow managed to get it ALL OVER HER. I didn't even know how to change her cause she was covered head to toe in liquid poop. I ended up having to bath her and then bleach the bathroom during nap time. Luckily the dcm is really great and picked her up immediately and apologized profusely (like it's her fault haha).

The dcg has not been acting sick at all and has not had a fever. However, she always has issues with feces either being too hard or too loose. Dcm has talked with the doctor about it a few times and he keeps blowing it off like it's nothing. The dcm has started keeping a food journal and so far has noticed she is more prone to looser stools when she drinks milk regularly. Is there something I should suggest to her....go to an allergist or something to get tested?

Also had one more question. I have a changing pad like this:

I washed it with a bathroom cleaner that contains bleach, then soap, then the normal changing table bleach solution. When it dried, it still reeked of feces . I put it outside in hopes that it airs out, but was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions.
NeedaVaca 02:09 PM 02-12-2014
A cleaner with enzymes in it.
Leigh 02:09 PM 02-12-2014
Mom could substitute soy milk for 4-6 weeks and see if the condition improves. If so, I think she'd have her answer about milk.
spud912 02:16 PM 02-12-2014
Originally Posted by Leigh:
Mom could substitute soy milk for 4-6 weeks and see if the condition improves. If so, I think she'd have her answer about milk.
We have substituted the milk and it helped a lot, but she still has these freak episodes once every 2 weeks where she has a loose stool. Obviously it's nothing like today, but still......
spud912 02:16 PM 02-12-2014
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
A cleaner with enzymes in it.
Sorry , do you have any suggestions?
daycarediva 03:20 PM 02-12-2014
Eliminate dairy altogether?

I had a dcb like this, we narrowed it to citrus. Eliminated it for two weeks then dcm tested it on a weekend. 1/2 orange, explosive diarrhea.
butterfly 03:38 PM 02-12-2014
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Eliminate dairy altogether?

I had a dcb like this, we narrowed it to citrus. Eliminated it for two weeks then dcm tested it on a weekend. 1/2 orange, explosive diarrhea.
I have a little guy who can't have ANY diary. Not even milk chocolate or bread with a milk ingredient, etc. or he'll have the same symptoms.
NeedaVaca 03:39 PM 02-12-2014
Originally Posted by spud912:
Sorry , do you have any suggestions?
https://www.google.com/search?q=clea...w=1366&bih=649

Sorry, I have only used the product for animals so I don't have a favorite brand. Maybe someone else will chime in or you can look through these and see if anything is carried in your local stores? Maybe Menards or Home Depot?
Michael 03:43 PM 02-12-2014
Just a suggestion http://www.antiickypoo.com/
MotherNature 05:15 AM 02-13-2014
I would definitely suggest getting an allergy panel done. A dairy allergy or intolerance is not just messy for the caregivers, but can definitely be painful for the person suffering from it. I have a severe casein intolerance. There is no substitute for me to take, like there's lactose pills for people with lactose intolerance. If I have anything even made on cross contaminated machinery in the same factory, I have bad gut cramps, diarrhea, and my skin will split open on a finger or two. Not fun.
spud912 07:28 AM 02-13-2014
For those of you with a child with a food allergy, how do you deal? If dcg does in fact have a dairy allergy, I don't know what to do because most of my meals and some snacks of dairy. I can't afford to purchase a whole bunch of dairy substitutes and I don't want to alter every recipe I have to make it dairy free.

For example, my breakfasts are usually: homemade carbs (whole wheat pancakes, muffins, waffles, etc MADE WITH MILK) scrambled or baked eggs WITH MILK, yogurt etc. My lunches often have cheese or a milk-base. I often serve cheese, smoothies with dairy, homemade fruit Popsicles with dairy, baked goods made with dairy or yogurt for snack.

It would literally change EVERYTHING!
TheGoodLife 09:52 AM 02-13-2014
Originally Posted by spud912:
For those of you with a child with a food allergy, how do you deal? If dcg does in fact have a dairy allergy, I don't know what to do because most of my meals and some snacks of dairy. I can't afford to purchase a whole bunch of dairy substitutes and I don't want to alter every recipe I have to make it dairy free.

For example, my breakfasts are usually: homemade carbs (whole wheat pancakes, muffins, waffles, etc MADE WITH MILK) scrambled or baked eggs WITH MILK, yogurt etc. My lunches often have cheese or a milk-base. I often serve cheese, smoothies with dairy, homemade fruit Popsicles with dairy, baked goods made with dairy or yogurt for snack.

It would literally change EVERYTHING!
My contract states parents may have to bring meals for special diets/allergies. Can you try that?
daycarediva 09:55 AM 02-13-2014
Originally Posted by Mama2Bella:
My contract states parents may have to bring meals for special diets/allergies. Can you try that?
mine too.

Never had a dairy allergy. Gluten (mom brought everything). My kiddo with a citrus allergy, Mom just looked at the menu and brought in a substitute that day. (eg. oranges with lunch, she would bring me a banana or apple).
melilley 11:01 AM 02-13-2014
I have a dcb who is gluten, dairy, and red dye something, free, to the point where I have to check all labels, even seasoning packets. All I do is buy gf bread and bag of noodles, almond milk, and a few gluten free snacks. For breakfast, I'll buy a box of gluten free pancake mix that is dairy free too and make a bunch and freeze them so he has pancakes a lot. I also by gluten free cereal like chex and gluten free oatmeal. He has a lot of the same items for breakfast and snacks, but he doesn't seem to notice. As for lunch, I make a lot of foods with milk, but will just set aside the non milk items (for instance, if I make scalloped potatoes, I will just bake a potato for dcb) and make them plain. You can also substitute beans for cheap if you have a lunch that you absolutely can't have without milk products or can't leave part of it out.

You could make plain juice or applesauce popsicles.

I don't buy any dairy substitutes except for the almond milk. I will buy soy yogurt, but only when it's on sale!
TheGoodLife 11:15 AM 02-13-2014
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
mine too.

Never had a dairy allergy. Gluten (mom brought everything). My kiddo with a citrus allergy, Mom just looked at the menu and brought in a substitute that day. (eg. oranges with lunch, she would bring me a banana or apple).
Question for you (because I've never had the situation of enrolling a GF or other dietary restricted child) Do you still charge full rate if they bring own, or reduce slightly?
Tags:odor
Reply Up