Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Transitioning Older Kids from Traditional Learning to Montessori
DaisyMamma 12:10 PM 05-04-2014
I apologize for the OT post, but I think you all will have ideas for me.

I'm just learning about Montessori. But I've decided to switch my borderline struggling 7dd and start my 4dd in Montessori elementary next fall.
The environment is wonderful and I'm extremely confident my children will flourish.

I'm wondering if you have any recommendations for me that will help my children prepare for the new environment.
Heidi 03:31 PM 05-04-2014
My own experience with Montessori is that it's very orderly, and puts a lot on independent skills. So, those are things I would encourage over the summer. Putting things back where they belong, being organized, working on something without a lot of input from you.

It's also pretty quiet during work periods; so maybe if you have a non-stop talker, it would be good to learn to work without a running commentary.
DaisyMamma 10:56 AM 05-05-2014
Originally Posted by Heidi:
My own experience with Montessori is that it's very orderly, and puts a lot on independent skills. So, those are things I would encourage over the summer. Putting things back where they belong, being organized, working on something without a lot of input from you.

It's also pretty quiet during work periods; so maybe if you have a non-stop talker, it would be good to learn to work without a running commentary.
My kids work very quietly so that's a good thing!
I've started having them help with chores and encouraging them to do things on their own or ask eachother for help.
Being organized...that could be tough! Its something I need help with myself.
Tags:montessori
Reply Up