Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Learning Disorders
BumbleBee 11:28 AM 10-17-2012
The more time I spend with this kid, the more I believe she has a learning disorder-specifically nonverbal learning disorder. I'm talking to mom today & I'm nervous already. Mom is sweet as can be and I don't think she'll take it the wrong way but it's never easy to say "Hey, I think your kid needs to be evaluated" (way nicer than that, obviously lol)

I've had a few parents take it the wrong way but I'd rather give them the information & have them ignore it/get mad than not give the information at all, kwim?

Does anybody have experience with nonverbal learning disorder? My experience is limited so I'm concerned about 'screwing it up.'

Anyways, wish me luck & if anybody has any personal experience or advice please let me know! Thanks
Brooksie 11:32 AM 10-17-2012
Have you done her ASQ? Its always easier to show them the outcome on paper then to say 'hey, I think.... '
e.j. 11:39 AM 10-17-2012
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
Does anybody have experience with nonverbal learning disorder? My experience is limited so I'm concerned about 'screwing it up.'
My son has NLD and Asperger's. If I can help in any way, feel free to pm me.
Kelly 01:25 PM 10-17-2012
My daughter has NLD. I'd be happy to answer any questions.
BumbleBee 03:44 PM 10-17-2012
Originally Posted by Brooksie:
Have you done her ASQ? Its always easier to show them the outcome on paper then to say 'hey, I think.... '
I didn't do an ASQ but I did do a developmental profile

Originally Posted by e.j.:
My son has NLD and Asperger's. If I can help in any way, feel free to pm me.
Thank you! I will pm you this week

Originally Posted by Kelly:
My daughter has NLD. I'd be happy to answer any questions.
Thanks! Is it ok if I pm you?

Mom was very greatful for the information I gave her she seemed very very receptive and we had a wonderful chat. Thanks again guys what would I do without you all??
Brooksie 04:31 PM 10-17-2012
Glad things went well! Always nerve racking when you have to bring up something like that.
Reply Up