Daycare.com Forum Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 11-30-2010, 06:50 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default 1st Day Ever Problem

My first day tomorrow and my husband comes home sick with a fever today. What should I do? Call them and warn them or hope for the best. I'm not too worried that he will infect her, but what if I have it? Help
Old 11-30-2010, 06:58 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Daycare View Post
My first day tomorrow and my husband comes home sick with a fever today. What should I do? Call them and warn them or hope for the best. I'm not too worried that he will infect her, but what if I have it? Help
i would NOT cancel on the first day - first impressions are everything. i would have him stay in the bedroom or if he's really sick and you have to, send him to a cheap hotel. that would suck because you'd be spending what you'll likely make...but you have to think about the longrun.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:02 PM
Daycare.com Member

1) hope for the best
2) disinfect all handles (including toilets and light switches in the house)
3) get to bed early tonight...and then tomorrow ....let the wild rumpus begin...quote (?) from "Where the wild things are".... Good luck tomorrow!!
Old 11-30-2010, 07:16 PM
Child Care Provider

Treat this situation like you would with your own kids. If you don't want to get sick, have your husband sleep in your room and keep his fever and other symptoms to himself. You should take the couch if you're really concerned. Just keep things clean (wash toilet handles, door handles, light switches, fridge door handle, etc) with disinfecting wipes and get plenty of rest. Remember to wash your hands often (like usual, lol) and things will be fine. Since your husband doesn't come into direct contact with the children you should not feel obligated to share his ill status.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:49 PM
Daycare.com Member

Thanks guys! I feel better about not warning them now. I will sleep on the couch. I just disinfected the house and will do it again in the morning. My husband is going to work tomorrow because he's nuts. He never gets fevers, so he did not realize how miserable they can be. He gets upset when someone calls in to work for that, so now he has to go to work with one. Ha Ha!!!!

Tags
sickness