Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Tgif!!!!! A Little Irritated Though...
littlemonkeys 07:13 AM 02-04-2011
So my challenging DCP's requested an early drop off of 6:30 in the beginning and it kept getting later and later. I told the mom months ago that if they were going to be late to call/text me because I am usually just getting back from dropping my 14 y/o off at school and I'd rather not have to rush and if I had a heads up I could get some non-dc things done. She said she'd start coming closer to 6:45 and would still contact me if they were going to be late. They gave notice last Friday and she's paid up until next Friday so I'd expect that she'd be here. No call or text this morning telling me they were going to be late. I think this is so disrespectfuland inconsiderate of them. I could've slept in an extra hour... Could've done some housework that I can't normally do during the day. I've been in the dc room for the past hour and fifteen minutes and there's nothing more for me to get ready. They either over slept or their playing games with me. Would you call or text the dcp's asking if dcg is coming or not?
SandeeAR 07:23 AM 02-04-2011
Personally, once they were 1- 2 hours late with no contact, I would leave. I would be gone if they tried to show up. I would do the house work later! I would take the day off!
Blackcat31 07:27 AM 02-04-2011
yup, I agree. I think another poster said they give a 45 minute window. No call/no show..then they are not considered to be coming at all and space is no longer available. Sounds like a very logical plan to adopt.
littlemonkeys 08:09 AM 02-04-2011
DCD just showed up... 2 hours and 10 minutes late. I said to him "I didn't think you were coming today... it's close to 9am. I was going to send you both a text and then we were going to head out the door for our daily walk, you're lucky you caught us". He said that he told me yesterday that he was going to be here at 8:30 this morning... he never said a word to me yesterday about being late. So now I'm convinced it's either a communication issue or they are just trying to mess with me since they only have a week left.
laundrymom 10:31 AM 02-04-2011
Next week oversleep. Stop playing his game. If they show early say,.. Hmm I could have swore you told me 830. Oops. Then smile.
littlemonkeys 10:57 AM 02-04-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Next week oversleep. Stop playing his game. If they show early say,.. Hmm I could have swore you told me 830. Oops. Then smile.
Love it!!!!
SandeeAR 10:59 AM 02-04-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I would do this too!
Little People 11:03 AM 02-04-2011
I would undo the door bell and then when DCP finally gets you to the door, I would have a towel on your head and say, I thought you told me 8:30, I was in the bathroom with the radio on. Then when they say they have been ringing the doorbell, I would act all surprised and say here let me try it, then say "well dog gone it" I will have to have that looked at!!
littlemonkeys 01:25 PM 02-04-2011
Originally Posted by Little People:
I would undo the door bell and then when DCP finally gets you to the door, I would have a towel on your head and say, I thought you told me 8:30, I was in the bathroom with the radio on. Then when they say they have been ringing the doorbell, I would act all surprised and say here let me try it, then say "well dog gone it" I will have to have that looked at!!

I so wish I had the guts to do this!! I'm going to try to build myself up so I can do this on Tuesday or something!
Tags:early arrival, tgif
Reply Up