Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Felt Sorry For My New Mom
sharlan 07:43 PM 07-02-2012
Dad came over and hung out for awhile today while filling out the paperwork. Since he's paying for the whole week, he decided to leave the little one for a couple of hours. Mom came to pick up and the little one didn't want to leave. She kept crying, no, no. Poor mom looked so hurt and confused, didn't know what to do.
littlemissmuffet 07:35 AM 07-03-2012
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Dad came over and hung out for awhile today while filling out the paperwork. Since he's paying for the whole week, he decided to leave the little one for a couple of hours. Mom came to pick up and the little one didn't want to leave. She kept crying, no, no. Poor mom looked so hurt and confused, didn't know what to do.
I let first-time daycare parents know during interviews that children usually attach themselves to me (being that I am with them as often, if not more than mom/dad), that sometimes DCKs call their providers "mom" (because we are acting as their second mom/they don't know what else to call us unless we correct them), and that sometimes DCKs don't want to leave at the end of the day (enjoying a different environment, toys and little friends), etc.
Letting them know ahead of time, BEFORE it happens can help show the parents that this is normal behavior and prepare them a little better.
Reply Up