Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Determining Rates For Full Time Part Day
Unregistered 04:15 AM 10-22-2012
I have a family interested in starting but I have know idea what to charge. She needs care from 8-12. I can only have 1 family now that I am not licensed, license pending. I would normally charge $125 for full time. With the understanding that that would probably go up once I recieve my license.
MNMum 07:16 AM 10-22-2012
This child would be taking up a full "spot". Unless you could find a school ager for after school only. Many providers would charge the fulltime fee. Some would give a very small discount - Maybe $115 rather than $125.
Heidi 07:23 AM 10-22-2012
I have an hourly drop in rate that is much higher than the fulltime rate.

For under 2, it's $4.00 per hour, $28. per day, or $130 per week.

The $4/hour or $28 per day means they only pay me when they are here. For full-time, it's the same every week, even if they are gone. I have 10 holidays and 3 personal days per year. Any days off after on my part that are unpaid.

For over 2, it's $3.50 per hour, $23 per day, or $110 per week.

If the child's schedule is always the same, I would probably give the option of 1/2 the daily rate, but the days off paid, or they could pay the higher drop in rate and only pay for what they use.
nanglgrl 08:11 AM 10-22-2012
I have a child with that comes 7:40-12:20 and I charge $125 which is my full time rate for children that leave before 3:30. It not only would be hard to fill the rest of that slot if you charged them a part time rate but they will probably be a little more work because they are not at daycare enough to get adjusted as quickly as a full time child does. I'm going on 2 months with my 17 month old who's never been in daycare and has this schedule and she is still not as happy as my other children no matter what I do.
littlemissmuffet 08:46 AM 10-22-2012
I'd charge your usual full-time rate. I don't give discounts for part-timers. If I did, I would make sure they knew that as soon as a full-timer came along they would be replaced.
Lilbutterflie 09:00 AM 10-22-2012
They are taking up your full time spot, so I would definitely charge the full time rate!!
Reply Up