Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Moving
Lyss 01:34 PM 01-24-2015
We moved in December, the 1st was the first day of daycare at new place.

I remember reading that I'll need to fill out separate forms for Jan-Nov and then Dec but I'm getting all my tax paperwork together and I noticed all my parents paid me for December during that last week of November... So that would count into income received in my Jan-Nov paperwork not December right? Which means it will look like I had only expenses on my December forms or do I apply it to December?

Edit... Wait I'm totally mixing up the forms in my head (I make this way harder than it needs to be). I know this will change my t/s so really it's just going to affect my expenses for Dec then right? it won't matter about my income for that month right?
TomCopeland 06:34 PM 01-24-2015
Originally Posted by Lyss:
We moved in December, the 1st was the first day of daycare at new place.

I remember reading that I'll need to fill out separate forms for Jan-Nov and then Dec but I'm getting all my tax paperwork together and I noticed all my parents paid me for December during that last week of November... So that would count into income received in my Jan-Nov paperwork not December right? Which means it will look like I had only expenses on my December forms or do I apply it to December?

Edit... Wait I'm totally mixing up the forms in my head (I make this way harder than it needs to be). I know this will change my t/s so really it's just going to affect my expenses for Dec then right? it won't matter about my income for that month right?
All income you received in 2014 gets lumped together. It doesn't matter what month you got it or what house you got it in. It all goes on one Schedule. C. Since you did child care in two different houses, you will fill out two Form 8829 and calculate two separate time-space% and deduct house expenses based on the particular time-space % for each house. Then your house expenses from each Form 8829 get transferred to your one Schedule C where all your income is reported.
Lyss 02:56 PM 02-24-2015
Just to be clear in regards my 8829s...

-Should I adjust the total hours in year # on each 8829 to reflect the time at location? Like 8016 (Jan through Nov) on one and 744 (Dec) on the other because I did not work the full year at the location?

-Do i just add the allowable expenses of both forms to put onto my schedule C?
TomCopeland 05:20 PM 02-24-2015
Originally Posted by Lyss:
Just to be clear in regards my 8829s...

-Should I adjust the total hours in year # on each 8829 to reflect the time at location? Like 8016 (Jan through Nov) on one and 744 (Dec) on the other because I did not work the full year at the location?

-Do i just add the allowable expenses of both forms to put onto my schedule C?
Yes, adjust the hours on each 8829 to reflect the time you were in each home. Put the allowable expenses for those houses for the months you did child care in them. Then transfer the totals from both Form 8829 onto one Schedule C.
Reply Up