Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help Please
Danie362 11:48 AM 08-16-2013
Okay I have three children and my son stated Kindergarten today so i am super excited. The children no longer have two teachers...lol One of my children have autism and i have never even worked with a child that had this could someone please share activities that will keep his interested in the different play ( he is 4) he also attend pre-k in the evening. He like to spell I was thinking about setting up a writing area my other children are 2 years old.
earlystart 04:45 PM 08-16-2013
Originally Posted by Danie362:
Okay I have three children and my son stated Kindergarten today so i am super excited. The children no longer have two teachers...lol One of my children have autism and i have never even worked with a child that had this could someone please share activities that will keep his interested in the different play ( he is 4) he also attend pre-k in the evening. He like to spell I was thinking about setting up a writing area my other children are 2 years old.
I'm a little confused by your post, but I think you're saying you provide care for 2 kids that are two years old, and one child that is 4 years old who has autism. It is good to cater to his interest in letters and writing, but also introduce him to other curriculum areas because sometimes kids with autism will only like to play with ONE thing and avoid all other things, so you want to help them get a well-rounded experience. Sometimes there are programs that will help a child with autism, you'd have to look through the local school district. Out here the YMCA will help with resources for any child with autism or learning disability from the age of 3 and up. Have his parents or preschool come up with a learning plan specific to him? If so, they should share it with you so you can help reinforce what they're doing. Sorry I don't have any special expertise with autism, besides having a couple kids with it here and there throughout my preschool teaching career.
Danie362 08:32 PM 08-16-2013
Thanks, I will be sure to ask his teacher when he get settled in Prek next week.
Tags:spelling, writing, writing area
Reply Up