Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Quote of the Day
lovemykidstoo 08:24 AM 05-03-2019
My dcg's mom came in this morning and says "oh she's in underwear today. She's been doing good at home" (she comes here 1 day a week). I said, oh has she been completely dry? Well most of the time. I said, yup she will not be in underwear here yet until she's 100% dry for 2 weeks. Seriously?
Josiegirl 09:29 AM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
My dcg's mom came in this morning and says "oh she's in underwear today. She's been doing good at home" (she comes here 1 day a week). I said, oh has she been completely dry? Well most of the time. I said, yup she will not be in underwear here yet until she's 100% dry for 2 weeks. Seriously?
I get so upset when they do this. Last time it happened I knew the girls weren't ready(twins) but they insisted on coming to dc on a Monday a.m. in underwear. So I asked dcm, so they're going poop in the potty too? Well um no. Yeh, sure, I don't mind cleaning up some really gross messy bottoms because your dds run your life and get 100% what they want because of course, being 3 they must know more than anyone else by now. Back into pull-ups they went.
lovemykidstoo 10:22 AM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I get so upset when they do this. Last time it happened I knew the girls weren't ready(twins) but they insisted on coming to dc on a Monday a.m. in underwear. So I asked dcm, so they're going poop in the potty too? Well um no. Yeh, sure, I don't mind cleaning up some really gross messy bottoms because your dds run your life and get 100% what they want because of course, being 3 they must know more than anyone else by now. Back into pull-ups they went.
Exactly and I don't rinse out poopy underwear. I throw them away. I don't play that game either.

I forgot the best part. Dad said "she refused to wear a pullup" . I couldn't help it, I busted out laughing and said oh ok.
Firefly 10:37 AM 05-03-2019
Exactly and I don't rinse out poopy underwear. I throw them away. I don't play that game either.

I forgot the best part. Dad said "she refused to wear a pullup" . I couldn't help it, I busted out laughing and said oh ok.
I’ve had this exact same thing happen. Mom said he “wouldn’t let me” put a pull up on him so she sent him in underwear. Kid hadn’t even started potty training yet. I won’t rinse poopy underwear either. Those go in the garbage.
Mike 08:43 PM 05-03-2019

Don't ya just love it when 3 year olds can boss their parents around. Wonder what it'll be like when they're 13?
lovemykidstoo 05:26 AM 05-04-2019
Originally Posted by Mike:
Don't ya just love it when 3 year olds can boss their parents around. Wonder what it'll be like when they're 13?
That is exactly the truth. Usually when a parent says that the child won't let them do something, I come back with "wait until they're a teenager". That usually makes them go hmmmm. My kids are 21 and 18. I think I know a thing or two. We never had discussions about what they were going to wear, where they were going to sit, what toy they were going to take where. My son went to daycare for nearly 3 years. We would take him, he got out of the car, walked in (wasn't carried at 2 or 3), never took a toy, gave us a hug at the door, walked in not kicking and screaming. I don't know how we did it lol
Annalee 11:43 AM 05-05-2019
That is exactly the truth. Usually when a parent says that the child won't let them do something, I come back with "wait until they're a teenager". That usually makes them go hmmmm. My kids are 21 and 18. I think I know a thing or two. We never had discussions about what they were going to wear, where they were going to sit, what toy they were going to take where. My son went to daycare for nearly 3 years. We would take him, he got out of the car, walked in (wasn't carried at 2 or 3), never took a toy, gave us a hug at the door, walked in not kicking and screaming. I don't know how we did it lol
Have any of you noticed how some parents make their kids walk in on their own at age 1-2 but at age 3-4 start carrying them in again....like they regress or something. Every day, I tell my mom, I feel so sorry for kindy teachers with all these children with no independence or self-help skills.
MaryPoppinsMethod 05:29 AM 05-16-2019
So glad I found this forum to vent! We have over time had to enforce a strict potty training regime for all these reasons y'all have vented about. We discuss it with new parents before allowing them to enroll in that class. Of course, they seem to "forget" at certain times. Laughed at the post about sending the underwear home with poop. Because we used to throw them away but I had one dcm seriously ask me for the poopy underwear once even though I told her they were
un-save-able and I had to dig them out of the garbage for her. Seriously? Anyway if parents send them in underwear without our "permission" we put them in pullups right away and just continue to tell parents they can't until they are consistently dry and have gone poo here with no issues. Parents will push to do what they want or what is easiest for them and sometimes as administration/teachers you have to push back. If you have written policies in place it makes it easier.
Blackcat31 06:33 AM 05-16-2019
Originally Posted by MaryPoppinsMethod:
Anyway if parents send them in underwear without our "permission" we put them in pullups right away and just continue to tell parents they can't until they are consistently dry and have gone poo here with no issues. Parents will push to do what they want or what is easiest for them and sometimes as administration/teachers you have to push back. If you have written policies in place it makes it easier.
My written policy has a line that says "Pay to the order of____________" and a place for the parent to sign.

Parents that truly believe their child is trained and ready to wear underwear can send them in underwear IF they also provide a $300 deposit. If their child stays dry for two full weeks I will return the money. If their child has an accident, the money is used to have the floors professionally cleaned and another $300 is required or the child remains in Pull-ups/diapers.

Easiest way ever to manage this 'parent push back'.
Mom2Two 11:12 AM 05-16-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
My written policy has a line that says "Pay to the order of____________" and a place for the parent to sign.

Parents that truly believe their child is trained and ready to wear underwear can send them in underwear IF they also provide a $300 deposit. If their child stays dry for two full weeks I will return the money. If their child has an accident, the money is used to have the floors professionally cleaned and another $300 is required or the child remains in Pull-ups/diapers.

Easiest way ever to manage this 'parent push back'.

storybookending 12:05 PM 05-16-2019
My quote of the day today was “I forgot his shoes again but you won’t be going outside today right?” Um false. This child never had shoes on aka never physically walks into daycare. Grandma gets so pissed when she picks him up and he doesn’t have shoes.
Tags:quote of the day, quotes
Reply Up