Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Newly licensed Family Child Care Provider
Unregistered 10:31 AM 09-11-2015
My name is Laura and I have just recently been licensed as a Family Child Care Provider. I found this forum while searching on touchy subjects and how to deal with them. Not always sure if going straight to the parents is the best way to handle things. I am always up for suggestions on how to handle situations. Thanks for having me!!!
Unregistered 12:09 PM 09-11-2015
Welcome!
littletots 01:11 PM 09-11-2015
Welcome. I'm new to the forum, too. Many experienced providers to share ideas!
HHdaycare12 10:43 AM 09-15-2015
Welcome! I am also new (roughly two months) I am so happy to have stumbled upon this site and I am sure you will be too!
Unregistered 04:22 PM 10-23-2015
Hello. I am fairly new as well. 8 months in. If you need advice, feel free to ask. I too came here for support on touchy subjects.
lovemydaycare0912 04:23 PM 10-23-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Hello. I am fairly new as well. 8 months in. If you need advice, feel free to ask. I too came here for support on touchy subjects.
That was me above. Didnt notice i wasnt logged in.
daycare 04:32 PM 10-23-2015
wow lots of new people! welcome to the form!!

Well to answer your question, I think it will all depend on what it is about. FOR ME, I don't get the parents involved with things that happen here, unless it's something I can't handle or a serious situation like the child was hurt etc.

For the most part the things that kids do daily that are just kid being kids I take care of. If a child is acting out aggressively, they hit, push or are physical in anyway Its an automatic email home. I email so that I have a paper trial.

I brag about little things to let their child show off sometimes or will send a pic text to them throughout the day. I tell parents that sometimes no news is good news.

If a child has a really bad day and it's just little things like not sharing, not taking turns and this is not an every day issues, then I don't talk to parents about it.

HTH and hoping others will chime in to help you out too.
Reply Up