Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Keeping A Crib Climber in The Crib
Leigh 11:57 AM 01-21-2016
What's worked for everyone else in keeping a crib climber in the crib at naptime? I'm debating about making some pants for her with that strip of fabric at the knees to keep her from swinging over the crib or using a sleep sack. Anyone know something else that works? Right now, I stay in the room until she falls asleep, but she's a very quiet kid, and if she wakes first, she climbs out and wakes everyone else or trashes the room.
Baby Beluga 12:28 PM 01-21-2016
I would try a sleep sack
Play Care 12:58 PM 01-21-2016
Sleep sack backwards. Though if she's tiny she could wiggle out the neck...
Blackcat31 01:13 PM 01-21-2016
I started using a sleep sack too when I had issues with this same thing but honestly the sleep sack thing just got to be a PITA too so instead I started teaching the kids from day one that they could not stand in the PNP/crib.

When I begin "training" them, I lay them in the crib/PNP and anytime they begin to pull their legs up underneath them and even begin to make the motions to stand up, I lay them back down gently and tell them to lay down.

Once nap time is over, I get whomever is in the crib/PNP up first and make a huge deal out of them staying down (not standing up).

I continue doing this every day until they learn that even asleep any time they are in the crib/PNP they need to stay laying down.

Rinse and repeat.

After a bout a weeks time, most kids totally understand this 'rule' and rarely if ever try to stand up. Even awake, they just stay lying down and talk or babble to themselves until I get them out.

Its not a hard process and it's not traumatic to the child if done gently and in a reassuring manner.

It's much easier than using a sleep sack and it's worked well because lying down is the first step to learning to put yourself to sleep so I dont have many issues with kids standing up and screaming their over tired heads off during rest time.
Reply Up