Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Second Time Around
AnimalHouse 07:52 PM 02-06-2016
Just here to introduce myself and get some good insight from providers who have been in the game for a while already. 😉

I had a licensed home daycare about 2 years ago, but got burnt out very quickly and decided to quit. Since then, we have moved into a larger house and I have learned from some of my mistakes. Such as billing issues, having a backbone, and just learning ways to be more organized.

I'm hoping to give myself enough time before opening to get all my ducks in a row this time around. I really want this to work out, as I love children and really want to be able to stay home with my own two young children. Plus the daycare industry is in High Demand where I'm from.

I hope to learn a lot from everyone on here!
childcaremom 03:12 AM 02-07-2016
Welcome!

I just recently reopened after much the same scenario. I have learned so much and enjoying it a lot more this time.
Blackcat31 07:03 AM 02-07-2016
Welcome!

I'm more than two decades in and I still learn something new everyday! Its definitely a journey.
Thriftylady 07:46 AM 02-07-2016
I quit 12 years ago and restarted a year and a half or so ago. I do things much differently now, at that time I had never heard of a handbook. The parents drove me out of it. Things are much better for me now, and this board helps a ton. When I get an issue I am not sure how to deal with, I just grab my coffee and come here to figure it out.
AnimalHouse 08:51 AM 02-09-2016
Thanks guys! That makes me feel a little less worried. 😌
Reply Up