Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Who's Dressing Up For Halloween
kelsey's kids 09:40 AM 10-10-2013
Who is dressing up for Halloween? What are you going to be? Are you going to wear it all day?
daycarediva 09:46 AM 10-10-2013
Last year I was princess Jasmine, the year before that I was Pocohantas, this year I am thinking Cleopatra. ;

We always have a Halloween party after nap. The parents send in the costumes and we change after our Halloween treat, we read a Halloween book, do our finger play that we have worked on, and then dance. I have a disco ball and a cd of kids Halloween songs. I invite parents to attend during this time and a few usually do. It's super fun and I find that since kids are so wound up to go trick or treating, this helps get some of that energy out in a positive way.
Maria2013 09:50 AM 10-10-2013
Originally Posted by kelsey's kids:
Who one is is dressing up for Halloween? What are you going to be? Are you going to wear it all day?
I've done it in the passed, I didn't get the response I was hoping to get from the kids so I never dressed up again
VTMom 09:59 AM 10-10-2013
I probably will. I was a baseball player last year, and thinking of being a doctor this year (if I can steal some scrubs from my nurse sister)! I'll wear it all day.
WImom 10:57 AM 10-10-2013
I usually just wear a Halloween shirt.
LK5kids 11:14 AM 10-10-2013
Halloween shirt here too!
coolconfidentme 11:33 AM 10-10-2013
We are opened 2nd shift & will have children during Trick or Treating. We are dressing up like babies, passing out candy & business cards. Who knows..., it may bring in a client or two!!!
Blackcat31 12:38 PM 10-10-2013
Who one is is dressing up for Halloween?
What are you going to be?

Are you going to wear it all day?
yes....and for the next 364 days.

Sorry I couldn't resist being a smart-alec

My daycare kids will all come in costume. We will have a Halloween party complete with a piņata, bobbing for apples and tons of fun and games.

I am closed the next day so hopefully everything will be out of their systems by the time they return on Monday.

I do send out a note warning parents that I will send kids home if they are having any residual side effects from "candy hangovers"
spud912 02:54 PM 10-10-2013
I love dressing up! This year I will be a sorceress/magician, last year I was a ghost and the year before I was a banana. Yeah, I'm not ashamed .
daycare 02:58 PM 10-10-2013
Last year I dressed up as a cowgirl
This year I'm a witch. Lol.
MotherNature 09:35 AM 10-11-2013
haha BlackCat! Not dressing up for work, but my husband got swtched to 1st shift a while back, so this is the first year he'll be with us for trick-or-treating & I just got my hair cut in a 1920's bob & I have cat-eye glasses, so our family costume theme is Scooby Doo. I'm obviously Velma, our 2.5 yr old is Scooby, and my husband is Daphne.
DaisyMamma 12:56 PM 10-11-2013
I'm closed Tues/Thurs so I will not be dressing up. Instead I will get to bare the burdon of "the morning after"
originalkat 10:23 PM 10-12-2013
I am wearing a Halloween Tee shirt! Cute and comfy for the whole day!
Sunshine74 02:10 PM 10-13-2013
I am absolutely dressing up. I usually make my costume and make sure it is something I can take parts off if I get hot, during lunch, diapers, etc. Last year I was an owl- put felt "feathers" that I cut out on a sweatshirt with the sleeves cut off and wore a t-shirt under it. I am not sure what I am doing this year.
thetoddlerwhisper 02:53 PM 10-13-2013
absolutely. ill be wonderwoman this year and am encouraging parents to dressup kiddos
JoseyJo 03:53 PM 10-13-2013
I'm gonna be a pirate or a poodle skirt girl. I will prob where all day unless it gets too hot! We have treats that we have made during the week, a trick or treat parade up the street and usually a costume dance party
Cradle2crayons 07:54 PM 10-13-2013
I don't know what I'm going to be this year but I do know my husband will conveniently be out of state at work (amazing how that happens every year) and I will be taking 7 children trickier treating this year lol. It's one of the fun things about doing afternoon and night shift lol.
CedarCreek 10:02 AM 10-14-2013
We dress up and have a party here! I was a pumpkin last year because that's what the kids voted for. I might be that again if I get lazy.
littlemissmuffet 09:20 PM 10-15-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Sorry I couldn't resist being a smart-alec

My daycare kids will all come in costume. We will have a Halloween party complete with a piņata, bobbing for apples and tons of fun and games.

I am closed the next day so hopefully everything will be out of their systems by the time they return on Monday.

I do send out a note warning parents that I will send kids home if they are having any residual side effects from "candy hangovers"

Hubs and I go all out for Halloween and usually have 3+ costume parties every year... we have probably over 100 costume combinations in our home currently We also fully commit to our costumes... example, the year before last my hubs went as Hulk Hogan. He grew his hair out all year long, we shaved out the top part, bleached it (along with his handlebar stash) and he shaved his beloved beard.

For daycare I usually do something simple though... this year I'm going to wear these glasses and dress in grey as a mouse/rat!

I decided that this is going to be the last Halloween I am open for. Halloween is my wedding anniversary and now that we have a child I want it to be a special family day and so I'm going to close on it from now on This year, we're closing the day after... hello long weekend!
jenn 07:48 AM 10-16-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

LOL! I am going to be a 38 year old daycare provider/mom. Actually, I do think I have some Halloween socks, so I'll probably wear those. My daughter is going to be a cheerleader and my husband will dress up as a football player for pictures with her.
mom2many 08:29 AM 10-16-2013
Hubby & I will dress up for our two adult sons' Halloween party... (not sure what we will be yet!), but on Halloween day, I will be wearing jeans and my tee shirt that says, "This is my Grandma costume"! I got to wear it for the first time last year & cannot wait to wear it again! My granddaughter was born last year on Oct 2, so I was a brand new grandma!
Tags:halloween
Reply Up