Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Children's Gift to Parents Ideas-infants???
lalivarlamova 06:55 AM 06-08-2018
HI! I am celebrating my first Christmas with a "full" daycare (4 kids total). I have a 2 1/2 yr old, a 15 month old, a 6 month old, and a 4 month old. I want to do some christmas craft things to give to mom and dad as a gift from their child for Christmas. But I'm at a loss as to what I can do with the littlest ones. I love the handprint kind of stuff, but the little ones just squeeze their hands together, making a mess with most paint things I've tried.

Any good ideas?
Josiegirl 09:46 AM 06-08-2018
Um, first I've gotta ask....Christmas? I still haven't got Father's Day gifts started.
Ariana 09:57 AM 06-08-2018
You are a planner!

I have given the younger ones paint brushes and they paint around on a piece of paper and then I cut the art out in the shape of a heart and pasted it on a card.

You could also tape out the word LOVE and have them paint around it and then remove the tape (use painters tape)
racemom 10:08 AM 06-08-2018
Footprints on infants are easier than handprints. There are lots of fun footprint ideas.
amberrose3dg 10:37 AM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Um, first I've gotta ask....Christmas? I still haven't got Father's Day gifts started.
I would not worry about that this far in advance. I have kids leaving that I thought would be here until they left for school. Life happens and these families might not be here around then. Heck I haven't bothered with father's day yet. I didn't feel like doing a bunch of projects that early.
AmyKidsCo 11:08 AM 06-08-2018
I've done footprints in Model Magic with a pretty string to hang it with. Much easier and cleaner than plaster of Paris!
Homebody 12:21 PM 06-08-2018
Last year we made salt dough ornaments with their hand prints in them. Used red and green food dye to make them different colors. The older kids used glitter glue sticks to decorate theirs. Lots of recipes on the internet for salt dough, very easy to make.
ColorfulSunburst 03:01 PM 06-09-2018
I don't make any craft with infants. I am pretty sure their parents are not interested to have and keep any craft that is done by me.
Unregistered 05:38 AM 06-10-2018
What about taking their picture and glueing it to an ornament or paper wreath- like a frame?
rosieteddy 08:04 AM 06-11-2018
I second taking pictures and an ornament .Like a previous poster said'.parents are not interested in a craft we make' I started giving just the children a gift at holiday time.Pajamas,a movie and a bedtime book.I had a little note with it get ready for bed watch a movie and read a bedtime story.Fun for the children ,two hours of quite for parents happy Holidays.Parents loved it and I bought older movies the kids had not seen (Toby Tyler,Rescuers,Aristocrats ect). Kolhs often have picture ornaments for sale.
Tags:gift, gifts from children
Reply Up