Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>California Complaint Processes
Kcole1075 10:53 AM 03-17-2014
A mom who termed complained to licensing. How does this process go? I know it will work out in my favor but I also saw a complaint says for three years.

Any other ca ladies have more info.
TwinKristi 11:00 AM 03-17-2014
They're supposed to come out for a visit to inspect said complaint. If it seems bogus I've heard they just tell you hey, you got a compliant, blablabla and go through the motions. But others look for anything they can to ding you. What did she complain about? Did licensing call or mail you?
KidGrind 12:07 PM 03-17-2014
Originally Posted by Kcole1075:
A mom who termed complained to licensing. How does this process go? I know it will work out in my favor but I also saw a complaint says for three years.

The California providers I know, just received a visit. Anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months later.
Kcole1075 12:19 PM 03-17-2014
It was my mom who's child kept vomiting at my house that I posted about before. She terminated care on the fith the complaint on the 6th. She complained that I was causing her son to be sick and I was out of ratio. Neither of which are true. My licensing came today she told me about the complaint then.
TwinKristi 01:15 PM 03-17-2014
It was my mom who's child kept vomiting at my house that I posted about before. She terminated care on the fith the complaint on the 6th. She complained that I was causing her son to be sick and I was out of ratio. Neither of which are true. My licensing came today she told me about the complaint then.
Well I believe as long as there was nothing cited today you should be good. How did the inspector act?
Kcole1075 01:33 PM 03-17-2014
This wasn't a scheduled inspection so I am sure it was about the complaint. She thanked me for being so calm about hearing of the complaint.

I just read a complain stays on your record for three years? Does the complaint hqve to be accurate for it to stay 3 years or just the qct of getting a complaint?

Also on the website it says the results will be discussed with the person who filled it. Is that true? I can understand that as a person that may have filled the complaint wanting to know but as the person being complained apon I say f that mom.
TwinKristi 01:49 PM 03-17-2014
When I made a complaint against a provider I was never contacted about the results. I called myself to find out what happened and was told it was unfounded and her inspection was fine. I believe only citations stay on your record for 3yrs not just complaints but I don't know for sure. Otherwise someone could potentially ruin your career in a very vindictive manner abusing the system with multiple unfounded complaints. It's possible I suppose. I would ask your investigator and see what they say.
Unregistered 03:40 PM 03-17-2014

inspectors come to your home two weeks after complaint is filed, if its found unfounded then its confidential info available to R&R Agencies, foster agencies and such, if found at fault its stays on record forever, however potential clients can only get your info on the last five years...
Kcole1075 10:24 AM 03-18-2014
Thank you ladies. This is my first ever complaint and I just want it to be done. I am stressed as it is and now I just want to be done with daycare. I want to go back to being a nanny.
Tags:california - regulations, complaint - pending
Reply Up