Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:24 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Let's start a pool- I'm taking Sunday, November 21st.
C'mon baby boy!! You must be so excited MarinaVanessa!!!
Old 11-06-2010, 04:41 PM

Default Marina!!!!!

well,.. are you still ,.. well,.... intact? lol
Old 11-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Family Childcare Home

No baby as of yet lol. And yes ladies I know all about the "ya know .. " lol. Actually I was worried because last weekend my honey and I err ... did the no pants dance .. and thats when I lost my ... uh ... "plug". TMI??

I was worried that I wouldn't make it this long but looks like I made it through to the training. Hooray!! It was fun and I got to network a little more and meet other providers from surrounding counties. And yes we already have the baby's name picked out. My daughter actually picked his name out before we even knew that it was going to be a boy. It will be Alfredo Vincent after his father and grandfather. Her two most favorite men.

Well ladies, I will continue to check in each day and if you don't hear from me .. more than likely I'm giving birth. Let's hope it's sooner than later. And yes Crystal I agree with you, it seems not long ago that I announced the pregnancy. Time does fly doesn't it??
Old 11-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Daycare.com Member

It was a great monday! The morning started off a little rough...I guess thats how mondays go. But its half an hour until pick up time and the day seemed to fly by. I am going to an family child care association meeting after they pick up and I am excited for that. I also have another little one starting tomorrow...should be fun!!
Old 11-08-2010, 05:24 PM

Default parents surprise you

i have a family that I love.. and have been having a really tough time because I am going to have to raise their rates come the new year. I just cant afford not to. I have been practically sick about it. Well, today the mom calls me and tells me that she has been talking to her husband and they feel I deserve a raise, so next month they will start paying me more!! That just totally made me day
Old 11-09-2010, 06:24 AM
Family Childcare Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahm1225 View Post
today the mom calls me and tells me that she has been talking to her husband and they feel I deserve a raise, so next month they will start paying me more!! That just totally made me day
Ugh, lucky you! I'm so jelous!!
Old 11-09-2010, 09:06 AM

yippee!!! that is amazing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahm1225 View Post
i have a family that I love.. and have been having a really tough time because I am going to have to raise their rates come the new year. I just cant afford not to. I have been practically sick about it. Well, today the mom calls me and tells me that she has been talking to her husband and they feel I deserve a raise, so next month they will start paying me more!! That just totally made me day
Old 11-09-2010, 02:49 PM
Celebrating Daily!

22 month old potty training had an accident free day!
Old 11-10-2010, 08:26 AM

Day 1 of what I'm calling "the New Regime" is going pretty well. I'm watching these guys like a hawk and strongly enforcing rules on putting toys away when you're done, not putting things in your mouth, and not scattering toys to the four winds. I've taken away many of the things with lots of pieces (or many of the pieces to some things) and so far they don't seem to care much...except that I'm getting evil looks every time I get on someone's case for mouthing or scattering or not putting away. But, it's going well. Yesterday was the last straw and it took me over an HOUR to clean up the toys at the end of the day. It was hell. Today...there's barely a mess in the playroom so far.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
Day 1 of what I'm calling "the New Regime" is going pretty well. I'm watching these guys like a hawk and strongly enforcing rules on putting toys away when you're done, not putting things in your mouth, and not scattering toys to the four winds. I've taken away many of the things with lots of pieces (or many of the pieces to some things) and so far they don't seem to care much...except that I'm getting evil looks every time I get on someone's case for mouthing or scattering or not putting away. But, it's going well. Yesterday was the last straw and it took me over an HOUR to clean up the toys at the end of the day. It was hell. Today...there's barely a mess in the playroom so far.
I have been doing this too for a few weeks now. IT's amazing how different the feel is when the playroom is cleaned up vs a mess. I now only allow one thing out for each child, and if they are playing together then they share one thing. They are done? Put it away THEN you can pick something else out.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Celebrating Daily!

Day 2 of no accidents! And she asked to go everytime!
Old 11-11-2010, 03:11 PM

Default Nothing positive about todays events

But today I decided to be thankful for something. I am thankful that my husband is fixed! LOL!
Old 11-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Celebrating Daily!

3 days of potty training and I think she's set! I didn't prompt her at all today and still had no accidents! Now to start on the 2 1/2 yr old boy since he's been asking to learn. I'm guessing that in 2 months I'll have no more diapers to change!
Old 11-12-2010, 06:19 AM

Things that are good: got a dumpster delivered this morning so we can clear out the crap that was left behind by the old owners in our workshop out back. It's a rather large building and chock full of just...stuff...discarded building material and god only know what. We're so excited to clear out the building so we can store our own stuff in there!

I'm seriously considering moving our daycare set-up to our lower level, but it would/will require a lot of moving of furniture and stuff, so I'm not sure if we'll actually do it.

Got a new picnic table that I'm going to put in our kitchen for the kids to eat lunch and do crafts at. I'm very excited...the only problem is that it doesn't collapse as easily as the ad seemed to say it did, which might put a crimp in my plans.

Things that are not so good: 11 weeks of being unable to stand the sight or smell of peanut butter...and DH tells DD she can have a PBJ for breakfast. Then runs out the door to work so that I had to make it, and one for DCB, too. Keeping the contents of my stomach where they belong was a very difficult task.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Things that are not so good: 11 weeks of being unable to stand the sight or smell of peanut butter...and DH tells DD she can have a PBJ for breakfast. Then runs out the door to work so that I had to make it, and one for DCB, too. Keeping the contents of my stomach where they belong was a very difficult task.
I'm pretty sure I remembered that you're pregnant so I'm assuming that's the reason to your aversion to PB! I SOOO loved being preggo but this is the part I HATED about it! I feel for you! For me, it was jalapenos (which my husband loves and would eat all of the time while it was literally making me run to the toilet every time!). And there were certain foods I craved but everytime I would eat them it would just come right back up. UGH. I'm done having kids, but I honestly have thought about being a surrogate on several occasions. This is the reason that I have not done such as of yet.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:10 AM

Yep, the little peanut is the reason. You'd think DH would have figured it out by now, lol.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Family Childcare Home

I'm finally home ...ahhh. I had my baby boy on Wednesday at 3 a.m. and it was easier than my first. Got to the hospital at 1 a.m. already at a 6-7 and by 2:30 I was fully dialated and wanted to push. The doctor didn't even have time to come into the delivery room. My son weighed only 6lbs 4oz so all it took was 3 hard pushes (not kidding). Just getting used to sleeping in 2 hour incriments ... ZZzzzZZZZzzzz Going to take a nap now.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa View Post
I'm finally home ...ahhh. I had my baby boy on Wednesday at 3 a.m. and it was easier than my first. Got to the hospital at 1 a.m. already at a 6-7 and by 2:30 I was fully dialated and wanted to push. The doctor didn't even have time to come into the delivery room. My son weighed only 6lbs 4oz so all it took was 3 hard pushes (not kidding). Just getting used to sleeping in 2 hour incriments ... ZZzzzZZZZzzzz Going to take a nap now.
Yay! Congrats! So glad it went smoothly for you.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Congratulations!
Old 11-12-2010, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Ahhh, your story gives me HOPE for my delivery in six months! Glad to hear that all went well and mama and baby are doing well!
Old 11-13-2010, 04:36 PM
Family Childcare Home

Yes, it went very smoothly and he's a doll. It's not my first rodeo but I still have to get used to having a newborn lol. Last night the baby slept for 3 hours straight instead of only 2 and I was so grateful and excited and that was just from it happening that one time. It's funny how the little things make you happy when you're a parent (or do daycare ).
Old 11-15-2010, 08:58 AM

positive thread post of the day,..
I had a daycare dad fall from his roof this weekend,.. Thankfully he is not paralized, and after months of healing hopefully he wil work again. They have a big 2 story farmhouse and he was cleaning gutters.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:59 PM
Daycare.com Member

One of my dcm's had a baby this afternoon This happens to be a family that I truly love and dcb is so laid back, I'm anxious to get this new little one here and love on him! I hope (for my sake and mom's!) that he's as laid back and fun as his older brother
Old 11-16-2010, 02:08 PM
Celebrating Daily!

My 22 month old made a BM on the toilet! I am so proud of her as that was the only thing causing accidents last week
Old 11-17-2010, 11:59 AM
Daycare.com Member

My newest member showed up about 1 hour ago...a 10 week old dcb!! yeah, I love babies! I also think it is going to be so awesome that I get to be apart of his life from the beginning.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:41 AM
Family Childcare Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMuffin View Post
My newest member showed up about 1 hour ago...a 10 week old dcb!! yeah, I love babies! I also think it is going to be so awesome that I get to be apart of his life from the beginning.
I love infants! I think it's awsome to have a baby start from that small to six months because you get to watch them develop and grow . If I could have nothing but infants I would, I think they are so much easier than toddlers. Too bad I can only have three.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:42 AM

EVERYONE IS NAPPING! Yahoooooooooooooooo!
Old 11-19-2010, 06:30 AM

My Friday group is so easy. I love it. It's a perfect end to a long week. Of course, as I type this my DD started throwing a tantrum...but that's 3 yos for you!!
Old 11-19-2010, 12:09 PM
Celebrating Daily!

I let the kids bounce off the walls for 45 minutes this morning instead of going outside because everything was covered in ice. I tossed them a bunch of pillows and blankets and took the cushions off the couch and said "Have fun!" Then I cleaned in the kitchen and just let them groove. They were great and aside from a couple times they were aware of each other and didn't run into anyone too hard or fight over anything! I love my kids! Then when I turned off the music and instructed them to return to inside voices and inside play, they quieted down just as if they had been outside and had just returned inside again
Old 11-19-2010, 01:45 PM

kidkair, that sounds like a ton of fun!

I got to spend a bunch of time cleaning today and got a lot done. I'm embarrassed to say that I found a few Christmas ornaments that are still out from LAST Christmas...yeah, I don't "deep" clean often enough, I think. But I got our car cleaned out, the screen door switched for the glass door, half the downstairs family room (one of our play areas) TOTALLY clean, several other surfaces cleared off...ahhh, it's so nice. Now, don't even ask me about where all that stuff went!!
Old 11-22-2010, 12:21 PM

My crew is extra great today! So nice, it's been silly and calm and relatively quiet. Now lets just hope I didn't just jinx it.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:55 PM

Default Love Good Eaters

I just want to say that I am so pleased with the eating habits of my new dcg 15 mo. and dcg 4. They are siblings and they both eat very well. The older one eats salad and everything. She even ate cole slaw today!!!! I have never seen a kid eat cole slaw - not even my son and he eats everything!
Old 11-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Daycare.com Member

I created photo books for each my daycare families - they arrived today and I'm sooooooooooooo happy with them...................they turned out BEAUTIFUL...........even better than what they looked like online...........the best part was I saved 50%. Now I just have to wait to give it to them. Can't wait till Christmas!!
Old 11-22-2010, 02:18 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninosqueridos View Post
I created photo books for each my daycare families - they arrived today and I'm sooooooooooooo happy with them...................they turned out BEAUTIFUL...........even better than what they looked like online...........the best part was I saved 50%. Now I just have to wait to give it to them. Can't wait till Christmas!!
Can you share a picture or link here?
Old 11-22-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninosqueridos View Post
Can I ask what company you used? My DH works for a company that makes them.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:37 PM
Daycare.com Member

Michael, I'm sorry I won't be able to post them here for privacy reasons, but I created them on s h u t t e r f l y .......they have greatly improved the ease of creating and editing them...and they have MANY more options for designs and flexibility with layout than they did in the past (last one I made was 2 or 3 years ago before this set of books).
Old 11-22-2010, 02:55 PM
Celebrating Daily!

ArtsCow is a good site for pictures and things created from pictures too.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:08 PM

Today I had a migraine...but I only had 3 kids, so that was a huge relief!
Old 11-22-2010, 03:12 PM
Daycare.com Member

One of my daycare moms brought 2 huge bags of clothes, including full snowsuits, socks, hats, pants, tshirts, sweaters etc. to keep here for all of the kids to use
Old 11-22-2010, 03:42 PM

Thanks, S hutter fly is not who my Dh works for.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:10 PM

Default new baby vibes!!

I have a daymommy in the hospital right now having my newest little frog!!! woohoooo !! She went in last night to be induced and we are still waiting..... =-) Hoping its tonight,.. (monday) because its my sons birthday!!
Old 11-23-2010, 05:35 AM

School is out after today until NEXT Monday. Five day weekend!
Old 11-23-2010, 08:38 AM

Did some rearranging Sunday and brought the slide upstairs to the main playroom. Best. decision. EVER! DD and dcb 2.5 are playing and playing and playing with the slide... so awesome.

Plus, I had an OB appointment this morning and got to hear Peanut's heartbeat!! And everything is looking really good, growing, my labs came back good (I'm not anemic for the first time in my life! Yay for discovering gluten intolerance!)
Old 11-23-2010, 03:19 PM
Celebrating Daily!

Quote:
Did some rearranging Sunday and brought the slide upstairs to the main playroom. Best. decision. EVER! DD and dcb 2.5 are playing and playing and playing with the slide... so awesome.
Last winter I brought the slide inside when it got far too cold to go out at all. It lasted for awhile but after about a month they started to fight for turns so I'm not too sure if I'll do it again.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:22 PM
Celebrating Daily!

Positive thing today: I made soup for dinner this morning in the crock pot. So now that the kids are gone, I can finish paperwork then curl up and eat soup and just relax tonight.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:07 PM

Awesome kidkare!
Old 11-24-2010, 09:20 AM
Daycare.com Member

I am without children today except one for 3 hours! Wahooo even more of a unexpected vacation for me!
Old 11-24-2010, 09:30 AM

zippity doo dahhh!!! have a wonderful break!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGT09 View Post
I am without children today except one for 3 hours! Wahooo even more of a unexpected vacation for me!
Old 11-24-2010, 09:57 AM

After venting about my rather atrocious morning (and it just went downhill after the vent) I now have something positive to report. Lunch was eaten (and they all ATE--what a treat!), diapers didn't need changed (no, I'm serious...every one was dry. It was weird.), and I laid them down for naps. NO ONE SCREAMED. Not even my nap screamer. They were all out like the proverbial light within two/three minutes. DD is with my sister and her cousins for the afternoon, and my house is quiet as a tomb. But I like it this way sometimes!

Now, on to the cooking!!
Old 11-24-2010, 05:14 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laundrymom View Post
zippity doo dahhh!!! have a wonderful break!!!!
Thanks! I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-28-2010, 03:14 PM
Daycare.com Member

So excited we are going to get our cat! We had to give up our dog for daycare and I can't take it anymore I need a pet. Talked to parents about it so now we are on our way to pick up our cat...yea!!!
Old 11-29-2010, 04:59 AM

Default Oh Em Gee!

It's Monday morning, and since last week was a holiday, I sent out a notice that I'd need payment today - and ALL of my families paid already!!! This is an unprecedented event, and cause for much celebration!

Edited to add, several hours later....

My drop in family over paid me by ten bucks today, and when I pointed it out, they said "it's ok, you keep it". I'm seriously doing the happy dance today!!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2010, 02:20 PM

2 of 3 of my dck's are gone right now to be with their dad out of state. they've been gone for 5 weeks. They were supposed to come back Dec. 18. I found out this morning they are coming back Dec 7, almost 2 weeks early! It's a two-fold blessing; I go back to charging full price instead of half price for holding their spot (GREAT for Christmas!), and I miss them... as does everyone else!
Old 11-30-2010, 07:33 AM
Daycare.com Member

I've amped up my curriculum but we are only going to do it 3 times a week so that I dont get overwhelmed planning etc. This is making it a lot easier!!!

Now with one month under my belt I still dont feel too confident about being good at this but my hubby told me last night that it will just take time and that I am doing a great job! He's so sweet.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMuffin View Post
I've amped up my curriculum but we are only going to do it 3 times a week so that I dont get overwhelmed planning etc. This is making it a lot easier!!!

Now with one month under my belt I still dont feel too confident about being good at this but my hubby told me last night that it will just take time and that I am doing a great job! He's so sweet.
Mommymuffin, this sounds great. And if you should find that this is not working for you then just change it and try something else. The beauty of it is that you have complete flexibility with your program!

Your hubby is right. It just takes a little time but before you know it you will have everything flowing nice and smoothly.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:40 AM
Daycare.com Member

I closed the week of Thanksgiving and my one lil guy was absent yesterday. We was so excited to see me this morning that he flapped his arms vigorously like a little bird! So cute. it is good to be loved.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Daycare.com Member

3 out of 4 of my dc parents are so wonderful. Their kids are great! They show up on time, pick up on time, pay on time, and keep their kids home when sick.
I am blessed.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:39 AM

My favorite former dc mom just called ~ my two kindy dc girls who left in August are coming back for the day tomorrow! (It's a school off day). They were scheduled to go the school program, but begged their moms to call and see if they could come back here, lol!

I've missed them ~ I can't wait to see them
Old 12-06-2010, 07:28 AM
Daycare.com Member

I just found out that not only do all of my dck's love clementines, but they can peel them themselves
Old 12-06-2010, 09:26 AM

Several of my preschool kid's parents are friends (and I'm friends with them as well) and one of my friends told me today that they all met after drop-off today and had breakfast (actually, she said bloody marys...at 9am!). She said all the parents were saying what a wonderful teacher I am to their children and how much their children love me. Then they toasted to me...lol! I probably would have rather had the bloody marys with them, but I'll take what I can get!
Old 12-06-2010, 09:27 AM

I also told my families this morning at drop off about the no toy week next week, and I guess that was what prompted the discussion about how much they and their children love preschool. They are all really excited about it and love the idea.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna View Post
I just found out that not only do all of my dck's love clementines, but they can peel them themselves
I love this about clementines, too. We do go through a lot since DD can get them herself, but it's less work for me, so I don't care!
Old 12-06-2010, 10:01 AM

Just found out that my littlest dcb will be off for the last two weeks of the year, and his mom is paying me tomorrow for the last three weeks of the year!! I'm SO thrilled--it's like Christmas! DH (nope--not Dear Husband--more like Dumb Husband) paid a bill twice and we're short on cash this week. I love this family...they're so nice.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:08 AM

Whoo hoooo ! That is awesome!!!!! And im in the same doghouse as your dh today. Ugh. I forgot to pay a bill.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:19 PM

new little girl started today. First time I have had a new child in two years! She's 19 months old, a referral from my college professor. GREAT kid. She's well-behaved, listens, helps clean up, ate really well, participated in all activities this morning, went down for nap no problem and hasn't cried once!

I was worried, since it has been so long since I had a new kid, AND since all of my kids have started as babies. But, this one's a keeper
Old 12-06-2010, 01:20 PM

took my student teachers to lunch yesterday to celebrate the end of their semester and to thank them for all of their hard work. One of them gave me a gift certicate for a 2 hour massage and one gave me bath gel and lotion and a $25 target card. I was surprised, and of course, pleased
Old 12-06-2010, 05:08 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
new little girl started today. First time I have had a new child in two years! She's 19 months old, a referral from my college professor. GREAT kid. She's well-behaved, listens, helps clean up, ate really well, participated in all activities this morning, went down for nap no problem and hasn't cried once!

I was worried, since it has been so long since I had a new kid, AND since all of my kids have started as babies. But, this one's a keeper
I'm very happy for you. Easy children make our jobs SO much easier.

Please take this imaginary umbrella, as I'm afraid to rain on your parade.

However, I feel I need to give you a word of caution.... She may be on good behavior since she is new. Once she is much more comfortable she may come out of her shell, forget her listening ears at home, decide she's not tired...
Old 12-07-2010, 05:49 AM

lol! Thanks Greta....I am prepared for that, but keeping fingers crossed
Old 12-07-2010, 09:23 AM
Family Childcare Home

Now that my baby will be a month I decided it was time for me to advertise for a spot that I've had open for some time but had decided not to advertise for until the baby came. I posted an ad on Friday and got two calls by Monday with two interviews; one yesterday and one today.

Anyway, I had an interview yesterday but I got a wierd vibe from the mom. She's VERY talkative, extremely energetic and didn't really ask much about the daycare. The only question she did ask was about what supplies I provided and which ones she needed to supply. She did however ask if she could hold my infant . She also made teasing comments about her son that made me uncertain. Like she noticed the kids table and chairs and said "Oh, that's cute. Too bad I can't have one like that. He'd be on that thing in 2 seconds and launching himself off of it" (then laughing), and noticing my front screen door and saying "Oh yeah if mine gets left cracked open he'd be flying out the door in 2 seconds and good luck" and comments like that. Maybe he was being good during the interview but I didn't see any behavior like that but it made me queasy to think that maybe her son is wild. Normally if I like someone I'll give them a "Parent Packet" right after the interview to review and bring back but I DID NOT give her one lol. I'll see if she calls me back or not.

I have an interview today as well and that mom seemed very nice over the phone. So I'm hoping that one will go great. There is also a "friend of a friend" interested in the spot but I have not heard from her so I'm filling the spot with whoever wants it first. It's just awsome to see that I have leads and at least I have interest in the spot.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:00 AM

Good luck,.. !

Quote:
Now that my baby will be a month I decided it was time for me to advertise for a spot that I've had open for some time but had decided not to advertise for until the baby came. I posted an ad on Friday and got two calls by Monday with two interviews; one yesterday and one today.

Anyway, I had an interview yesterday but I got a wierd vibe from the mom. She's VERY talkative, extremely energetic and didn't really ask much about the daycare. The only question she did ask was about what supplies I provided and which ones she needed to supply. She did however ask if she could hold my infant . She also made teasing comments about her son that made me uncertain. Like she noticed the kids table and chairs and said "Oh, that's cute. Too bad I can't have one like that. He'd be on that thing in 2 seconds and launching himself off of it" (then laughing), and noticing my front screen door and saying "Oh yeah if mine gets left cracked open he'd be flying out the door in 2 seconds and good luck" and comments like that. Maybe he was being good during the interview but I didn't see any behavior like that but it made me queasy to think that maybe her son is wild. Normally if I like someone I'll give them a "Parent Packet" right after the interview to review and bring back but I DID NOT give her one lol. I'll see if she calls me back or not.

I have an interview today as well and that mom seemed very nice over the phone. So I'm hoping that one will go great. There is also a "friend of a friend" interested in the spot but I have not heard from her so I'm filling the spot with whoever wants it first. It's just awsome to see that I have leads and at least I have interest in the spot.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:06 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:

Those "weird vibes" are pretty much always right on the money, no doubt you've made the right call. Good luck with today's interview
Old 12-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Celebrating Daily!

Due date of 7/7/11 was announced for a friend's baby!
Old 12-07-2010, 03:35 PM

Spoke with a new daycare family today and confirmed their start date of next Wednesday 12/15! She's going to be full time and my second highest-paying kid! I'm thrilled--that extra $400/month is going to make a HUGE difference to things around here. And another girl--more excitement! My group was all girls for a long time and has shifted to being mostly boys, and this new girl will bring the balance back!
Old 12-07-2010, 05:13 PM

yippee on the friends new arrival in July!!
Old 12-07-2010, 05:13 PM

that is awesome congrats on the new family!!!!!
Old 12-07-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkair View Post
Due date of 7/7/11 was announced for a friend's baby!
My niece found out today that her baby is due 7/30/11! She is 23 and just married her HS sweetheart in June! I remember her as a baby and now she's having her own. I feel old!

On my own positive note: a very dear and close friend of mine has offered, no strings attached, to carry a child for me since I am unable to myself. I am SO happy I can scream!!!!! If we went this route, it would be less of a hassle and whatever than adopting! Now it's the waiting game!
Old 12-07-2010, 06:13 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former Teacher View Post
My niece found out today that her baby is due 7/30/11! She is 23 and just married her HS sweetheart in June! I remember her as a baby and now she's having her own. I feel old!

On my own positive note: a very dear and close friend of mine has offered, no strings attached, to carry a child for me since I am unable to myself. I am SO happy I can scream!!!!! If we went this route, it would be less of a hassle and whatever than adopting! Now it's the waiting game!
That is wonderful!! Congrats!!
Old 12-07-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:

Wow, it is so awesome that you have a friend that cares about you so much.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:20 PM

Wow, Former Teacher! What a special and precious gift! You have a true friend right there!
Old 12-07-2010, 07:27 PM

Wow, Former Teacher! What a special and precious gift! You have a true friend right there!
Old 12-08-2010, 04:12 AM

I have happy tears for you
Quote:

Old 12-08-2010, 08:48 AM

You guys might remember me posting about the screamer girl with the really annoying parents who are paying WAY less than they ought to be for their spot? Well, they just gave me notice today!!! The dad's broke, jobless brother wants to babysit the girl so he can have money for rent--which he hasn't paid in months. So they're giving the job to him. Terrible idea, IMO, but I don't care, not my kid, not my problem!

Plus!!! Her leaving solves my under-2 problem, she solves my enrollment problem once the baby is born, and even though I'm only getting another $160/month with the new girl instead of a whole 'nother $400, I'll be happier without the screamer kid.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:13 AM

I think more than a true friend,.. you have a true to life angel. =-) how awesome

Quote:
Old 12-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Daycare.com Member

Fever went away thank goodness!! I feel almost back to my old self except that I am exhausted..I hate the first trimester...and nausea all the time.
Oh well I better buck up cuz its for a good cause. So all in all a much MUCH better day!!
Old 12-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:

That is so cool! Congrats!
Old 12-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:

Wow, that is incredible. Cheers to you and your family, and your awesome friend!
Old 12-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Daycare.com Member

IBM called today! I missed their call but she left a message. I need to fill something out online before moving onto the next step. I believe the next step is offering a me a position. Both of the interveiws (different positions) had said that they do not do a second interview. I am hoping that it is not the position that does nites & some Saturdays but would be happy to take it none the less. The other position I interviewed for was for a new department (the one I want) I know I will not start till after the new year which will give me time to do what ever I need to.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymaboy View Post
IBM called today! I missed their call but she left a message. I need to fill something out online before moving onto the next step. I believe the next step is offering a me a position. Both of the interveiws (different positions) had said that they do not do a second interview. I am hoping that it is not the position that does nites & some Saturdays but would be happy to take it none the less. The other position I interviewed for was for a new department (the one I want) I know I will not start till after the new year which will give me time to do what ever I need to.
Congratulations!
Old 12-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Daycare.com Member

MY 2 yo "DCB dont throw toys." "Be nice."
DCB cries.
My 2 yo pats his back "Its okay, I'm here..it's okay." He stops crying and they hug!!! So cute.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:08 AM
Daycare.com Member

I got the job! I'll start Jan 10th!
Old 12-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Daycare.com Member

One of the dcm's sent over muffins for all the kids, for their morning snack, she is always considerate and sending things over for the dck's.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:41 AM

Smile

I got a text a. Bit ago from a dayfriend blowing me a kiss to make me feel better.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:35 PM

congratulations tymaboy!
Old 12-09-2010, 06:07 PM

While I'm not happy that my favorite dcg is sick, and has been the whole week, the fact that she's out tomorrow means that I have only one and a half dcks all day long (the half comes at noon, eats lunch, takes a nap, and gets picked up). So, EASY day!! I'm excited! Plus, the dcb who will be here all day is more like family than anything (though I'm SO glad he's not my son!) because we care for him on Saturday too. I have no problems with cleaning, cooking, organizing, whatever, while he's here. I'm looking forward to a productive sort of a day.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymaboy View Post
I got the job! I'll start Jan 10th!

Way to go tymaboy! Congratulations.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:53 AM
Happy cause Im insane.

Its Friday! My dck, with the help of you guys and your advice, has been sleeping a whole HOUR AND HALF! Folks, thats big seeing how she usually fights it and sleeps a hour. So kudos to swaddling her and I owe someone some starbucks
Old 12-10-2010, 09:59 AM

My good news is that this morning I get a text,.. dcg R will be late, she has a well baby at 815,... at 845 I get a text,.. testing her for rsv,... at 930,.. rsv negative, doing chest xray for pnemonia, just now got a text,.. xray negative just a cold,....

seriously,.. mom and Ihave been on an emotional roller coaster!!! I had a gut feeling it was a cold, but cant DX kids,.. ugh. anyway My Rbug just has a cold. =-)
Old 12-10-2010, 12:09 PM

It's over 40 this afternoon! Feels like a balmy summer's day after the weather we've been having! I'm getting those kiddos OUTSIDE!!! for the first time in a couple of weeks!! SO THRILLED!!
Old 12-10-2010, 05:10 PM
Happy cause Im insane.

Quote:
It's over 40 this afternoon! Feels like a balmy summer's day after the weather we've been having! I'm getting those kiddos OUTSIDE!!! for the first time in a couple of weeks!! SO THRILLED!!
It was nice wasnt it! Hold tight as its going to get down to like 8* on Monday. WHEEE cant wait.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:19 PM

Ugh, Erin, I know, I am NOT looking forward to it. I'm already tired of the cold! And did you see the forecast for Saturday? They're calling the 1-3 inches of snow a "winter storm". Um...no, not a storm...that's just snow! I've lived here my whole life and even *I* know that 3 inches is nothing to worry about!

Tags
fun stuff, great news, happy, positive, tgif