Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Parent Handbook - Babysitting Request
Unregistered 10:44 AM 03-22-2016
Anyone have a friendly portion in their parent handbook about requests for babysitting? I'm trying to figure out how to word what I wish to communicate. I get that I seem like the obvious person to ask, but I do not want any requests to babysit the children outside of business hours. A babysitter or family should be used for evening, weekend and overnight childcare needs.
laundrymom 10:57 AM 03-22-2016
On occasion, I may be available to babysit outside regular childcare hours. If this is something you're interested in please message me for details.
MunchkinWrangler 10:57 AM 03-22-2016
Just state your operating hours and that's it. I've never had anyone ask me to babysit. They always have family or friends do that.
racemom 11:05 AM 03-22-2016
My current hours available for care are 8 to 5, Monday through Friday. I am unable to provide care outside of these hours.

Short, sweet and to the point.
Play Care 11:16 AM 03-22-2016
Originally Posted by MunchkinWrangler:
Just state your operating hours and that's it. I've never had anyone ask me to babysit. They always have family or friends do that.
Same here.
DaveA 11:54 AM 03-22-2016
Same with me.
daycare 01:20 PM 03-22-2016
are you licensed? In my state, any child I care for that is not my own and in the age range of licensing would still fall under all licensing rules.

So I just tell the parents from the get go. The state sees it as a conflict of interest and therefore I do not offer these services.
Laurel 08:25 AM 03-27-2016
Same here. I think I did get asked a time or two but I just said that I didn't do that. That was the end of it.
Tags:babysitting, handbook
Reply Up