Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Cleaning Service During Daycare Hours?
jojosmommy 10:34 AM 09-20-2011
I hired a cleaning service. They will be cleaning my upstairs: kitchen, living room, bathrooms, entry and the one bathroom downstairs which we do use for daycare. I need to schedule what time/day of week they will be coming. Does anyone have a service come in during daycare hours? We have a split so aside from the bathroom in the basement we could be downstairs and never see them cleaning upstairs. My hubs thinks I should have them come right after morning breakfast when we go downstairs to play that way we don't have to worry about fitting another time into our schedule. The company claims to clean other daycare homes and says they are very comfortable with doing it during business hours. Any suggestions?
beachgrl 10:53 AM 09-20-2011
That's great, I hope I can fo something like this in the future when I am full and will really need someone else doing it for me! Sounds like a great plan. As far as times, I think you should just try what works best for you but doing like your hubby suggested sounds like a good start to try, you can always change the time if needed right?
SilverSabre25 10:58 AM 09-20-2011
If I could have a cleaning service, I would in a heartbeat. I think in the morning after lunch sounds fantastic--either on Monday or on Friday. Friday, you'd have the house shiny for the weekend. Monday, you'd have all weekend to tidy up.
DaycareMama 11:18 AM 09-20-2011
In my state I would not be allowed to have anyone in the home during work hours. It would depend on if you are licensed or not.

I wish they could come during work hours. After breakfast would be an awesome time
Daycare Diva 07:59 PM 09-20-2011
My cleaning service starts tomorrow. Yay! I have them scheduled on wednesdays between 9 and11 every other week.
sharlan 09:05 PM 09-20-2011
When I had a service a few years ago, they came in the morning right after breakfast. We stayed downstairs while they did upstairs. When the ladies headed downstairs, we either went outside to the back yard, or we headed out to lunch somewhere.
daycare 09:07 PM 09-20-2011
I tried to have Cleaning lady come during daycare an it was a disaster. I was also told by my LiC that if the kids had access to her cleaning supplies I could be sited. I then decided to find someone to come weekends but that didn't work out as they wanted more money. I'm in no Cali and it's about $65 or more an hour charge. Crazy. I'm in the wrong business. Lol.
jojosmommy 08:26 AM 09-21-2011
Thanks for the ideas. And BTW I am only doing this when I return from maternity not a long term thing. My hubs and I did some calculations and it's cheaper to be open sooner, keep clients, and hire a cleaning service than to stay closed or hire a sub/assistant. I pinched pennies and stashed them next to my bed (no joke) just so that I didnt spend the money on something else when those unexpected things happen. Hopefully all goes as well as planned!
sahm2three 08:44 AM 09-21-2011
My cleaning lady comes every Monday from 9 to 11 or 11:30. She was actually here one day cleaning when state stopped by for my drop in check. She commented that she thought it was great that I had someone come in and do what I don't have time for! I LOVE having her come! She does the deep cleaning that I just don't have time to do. Love it!
Tags:cleaning service
Reply Up