Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do You Wear Makeup
countrymom 08:50 AM 03-07-2012
just saw a commercial for new cover up. So it got me thinking. do you go and put make up on every morning for daycare (not going out) but just for work.
I don't, heck I can't be bothered, I have dcm's who work and they don't wear make up either. I think sleep trumphs make up. Oh I do wear face creme, but I dont' want wrinkles.
Soupyszoo 08:54 AM 03-07-2012
I wear mascara. That's it though. Moisturizer and stuff like that's a given but no foundation powder blush eyeshadow etc... It's daycare for crying out loud! free time is another story! It's good to feel good about yourself though. I don't think I'm scary looking without makeup though so that helps

I have moms that drop off with no makeup but pick up with it on. Must be doing it in the car or at work I guess!
daycare 08:58 AM 03-07-2012
makeup...lol who has time for that... I have to clean my house from the night before that my family made and it takes way too long. I do however put on eye cream and sunblock every morning...
Meeko 09:06 AM 03-07-2012
Full makeup, every single day. Hair done every single day.

Waaaay too scary without it.....

Some of you young things can no doubt get away with it! I'm in my 50's!!!
Ariana 09:10 AM 03-07-2012
I wear cover up mixed with my daily mositurizer, so it adds a little bit of cover but not slathered on like I'm going clubbing I also wear blush because I look way to pale without it. I sometimes wear mascara but most of the time I don't. I like to feel put together and it helps me get mentally prepared for work.
wahmof3 09:11 AM 03-07-2012
yep make up for me! The kids would be scared to death if I opened the door without it!

I do try to be as professional as I can & treat my daycare as if I leave my house everyday. With that said I do have days when I wear track pants & my hair is still wet when I open.
mrsp'slilpeeps 09:11 AM 03-07-2012
I wear Maybelline natural minerals powder. Very easy and quick to apply.
Blush, chapstick (cherry to add some color) and a little mascara.
My hair is always in a ponytail. Hubby Hates it like that!
CheekyChick 09:18 AM 03-07-2012
Foundation, eye shadow, eyeliner, eyebrows shaped, lipstick, lipgloss, hair done EVERY SINGLE DAY. Even in my 40's, I am way too vain to not look my best.
Breezy 09:22 AM 03-07-2012
Nope not usually. And I let my hair dry naturally or braid it the night before so its curly. On the weekends though if I go out I do hair and make up and hubby can't stop staring so I like to keep it a special little treat for him IYKWIM!
MrsB 09:25 AM 03-07-2012
Never been a huge makeup wearer during the week. Even when I worked outside the home. The DCFs that see me on the weekends at church or some place else always comment about me wearing make though. So maybe I should do it on the weekdays. Or not! Would rather get my sleep I think!
Christian Mother 09:28 AM 03-07-2012
No make up for me. My hair is up in a pony tail and sometimes i will put moisturizer w/sunscreen on specially when we r outside but right now I have 2 infants in my care and by the end of the day I'm pooped...during nap time though I go in and redo my hair and add a little extra like lip gloss if I feel the need but we are so busy...that I am usually finishing projects or eating lunch, feeding baby's that I don't have time for that. Thank goodness one of the babies is part time...babies are a lot of work. Live and learn I tell ya!
My3cents 09:52 AM 03-07-2012
yes, I do wear a little make up. It makes me feel good. My hair I let dry and I don't do much with but put it in a pony or down. I really need to get the grays out I am pretty plain for the most part. I wear clothes I can play in and get boogered on and everything else. I do like my fancy smancy socks and crocks......lol. My make up routine takes me less then five minutes. I don't dress like I am going out or out to a pro job, but I am clean and ready to go for the day. Brushed teeth, deodorant, showered and funky socks.
wdmmom 09:57 AM 03-07-2012
If time allows.

I have insomnia so some days I absolutely NEED makeup.

Same goes for contacts. If I find time to put them in, I wear them or if I have somewhere to be right after work, I will have make up on and contacts in so I can head right out the door.

But I am showered, dressed and have my hair done each and every morning before kids come. Sometimes that's work in itself!
PitterPatter 10:00 AM 03-07-2012
No makeup ever. Unless I have a wedding to go to etc.
newtodaycare22 10:01 AM 03-07-2012
I don't even own any make up. I am a chapstick girl and that is all...but that's for all day everyday- not specific to a workday
Crazy8 10:01 AM 03-07-2012
yup, I am showered, dressed to the shoes, hair blow dried and make up on before the first kid walks in the door in the mornings.
Zoe 10:08 AM 03-07-2012
Oh yeah. Not much, just enough to not make me look like a zombie. I'm cursed with Scandinavian pastiness and I need that under-eye concealer and cover-up! That and mascara, little eye shadow, and lipstick. It's all neutral but enough to make me feel confident in how I look. I didn't care that much in high school and my early twenties and I guess my vanity came in late! haha!
renodeb 10:14 AM 03-07-2012
Hair usually in ponytail or braided. Makeup most every day. Im getting to that age where I need it or it aint a pretty sight! I like to feel like Ive gotten ready for the day. Most all of my dc moms wear some form of makeup to so I feel better having some on to.
Debbie
bunnyslippers 10:14 AM 03-07-2012
everyday. full makeup and hair. always dressed, too. not in my finest, but never in seat pants or jammies. sometimes slippers!
SunshineMama 10:20 AM 03-07-2012
I wear tinted moisturizer, bronzer, eyeshadow, and mascara, and I always curl my lashes. It takes less than 5 minutes, and I feel pretty for my husband and 2 young daughters. I always feel better about myself when I look better, but that's just me
DaisyMamma 10:59 AM 03-07-2012
No time or interest in it.
Heidi 11:04 AM 03-07-2012
Originally Posted by Soupyszoo:
I wear mascara. That's it though. Moisturizer and stuff like that's a given but no foundation powder blush eyeshadow etc... It's daycare for crying out loud! free time is another story! It's good to feel good about yourself though. I don't think I'm scary looking without makeup though so that helps

I have moms that drop off with no makeup but pick up with it on. Must be doing it in the car or at work I guess!
I'm like you...I like wearing makeup, but usually just wear mascara for dc. My dh actually prefers the natural look, so that's nice.

I actually saw a lady putting on mascara WHILE DRIVING one day. Through town...25 mph.
JennyBear 11:11 AM 03-07-2012
It totally depends on the morning. I shower every morning (I could never be one to shower the night before for some crazy reason...I think I just need to feel awake and fresh). I either blow dry my hair or leave it to dry, and it either stay's down, 1/2 up or up in a pony. I always put on some sort of makeup, although not much. usually just moisturizer, eyeliner, and mascara. Once in a while I'll put on some eye shadow but that's about it.
saved4always 11:11 AM 03-07-2012
Originally Posted by Meeko:

I am in my forties and can't really get away with it...but I don't wear it for daycare anyways. I probably scare the dcp's but I just cannot get myself out of bed to do more than my cleaning/moisturizing routine.

I will be starting at a center next month so I am going to have to have a quick makeup routine then. No more getting up 10 minutes before starting anymore. I don't think I will be able to get away with looking scary in actual public.
jenn 11:28 AM 03-07-2012
Make up everyday, hair done everyday (some days it looks better than better than others, depending on how much time I have), dressed everyday (the only day I wore sweat pants was a day someone threw up on me and sweats were all that was clean). Shoes on the other hand...usually only when we go outside.
WImom 12:00 PM 03-07-2012
Originally Posted by wahmof3:
yep make up for me! The kids would be scared to death if I opened the door without it!

I do try to be as professional as I can & treat my daycare as if I leave my house everyday. With that said I do have days when I wear track pants & my hair is still wet when I open.
Same way here. There are some days I may slack on my hair a little but always makeup.
MNMum 12:33 PM 03-07-2012
Hair dries naturally, as the kids are arriving. Now that I am in my 30s I have to put on at least my Super Double Face Powder from Clinique and chapstick! I always have tennis shoes on, I hate stepping on even the smallest crumb in my socks, drives me to be nuts about cleaning the floor. Even with cleaning up after every meal (think hands and knees and a wet rag) there are always a few loose crumbs around. And contacts every day, I don't feel alive if I am wearing my glasses.
Oneluckymom 12:37 PM 03-07-2012

I second that one honey....although I haven't reached your level of wisdom (age...lol) I can't go without makeup.
Blackcat31 12:42 PM 03-07-2012
I get dressed every day as if I am going to work (which I guess I am) or to town to do some shopping, I fix my hair every day....which is a pain because it is long, course, curly and has a mind if it's own...grrrr, but I never ever wear make up.

I am in my 40ies and have never wore make up. I am blessed with a good even skin tone and have never had the need to wear make up.

I am more like newtodaycare22 and consider Chapstick make up as it is the only thing I am NEVER without.
godiva83 12:46 PM 03-07-2012
I used to wear make up all the time before my DS arrived, I wore heels, pretty dresses, hair always done, and was so in to my self and vain. Now I have more important things to occupy my extra time my Son I would rather spend my extra morning minutes snuggled up with him and a book then worry about makeup or hair. I do wear black mascara and lip gloss (1min to apply) and I found an amazing lotion and eye cream at night that helps me get away with no make up.
Hair usually curly or in a bun
Heidi 12:59 PM 03-07-2012
Originally Posted by godiva83:
I used to wear make up all the time before my DS arrived, I wore heels, pretty dresses, hair always done, and was so in to my self and vain. Now I have more important things to occupy my extra time my Son I would rather spend my extra morning minutes snuggled up with him and a book then worry about makeup or hair. I do wear black mascara and lip gloss (1min to apply) and I found an amazing lotion and eye cream at night that helps me get away with no make up.
Hair usually curly or in a bun
So, Godiva-want to give us your celebrity endorsement and tell us WHAT THE AMAZING EYE CREAM IS?
godiva83 01:08 PM 03-07-2012
Creme de la Mer ( cream of the sea )

It is pricey but lasts forever. My Dad usually gets it for all the girls for Christmas as he started us on it lol
spud912 01:21 PM 03-07-2012
It takes me 3 minutes to put on makeup. I do concealer, powder, blush, eye shadow, eye liner and mascara.
CaliMom 01:30 PM 03-07-2012
Originally Posted by jenn:
Make up everyday, hair done everyday (some days it looks better than better than others, depending on how much time I have), dressed everyday (the only day I wore sweat pants was a day someone threw up on me and sweats were all that was clean). Shoes on the other hand...usually only when we go outside.
This is me too (except maybe the throw up part)!!! Slippers or flip flops on while I'm in the house.
kayla 02:37 PM 03-07-2012
I do not do makeup... I value my sleep way too much, plus i'm pregnant. Before i would do my makeup couple times a week. All I do now is my daily proactive rutine along with moisturizer.... My hair is always up in a messy bun or pony.
SilverSabre25 03:11 PM 03-07-2012
make up ?! I'm lucky these days if I get a chance to put on deodorant!!!
Kaddidle Care 05:16 PM 03-07-2012
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
make up ?! I'm lucky these days if I get a chance to put on deodorant!!!
I'm right there with ya hon! A smudge of lipstick is about the most I do. Most of the times it's just chapstick.
Lucy 09:34 PM 03-07-2012
Not a drop.
godiva83 05:06 AM 03-08-2012
So DS slept in so I decided to use my extra free minutes doing my makeup - wonder if the DCP's will notice lol
TBird 05:20 AM 03-08-2012

MY TWIN! Every.....Single.....Day. I wear foundation, eyeliner, eyeshadow, a light touch of blush & lip gloss. I'm in my late 30's. I work with women & children...I'm not trying to SCARE women & children, LOL!!!

Plus, since I work from home I just feel like I have to make sure that people know that this is a business and I'm not just lounging around eating bon bons all day....this is a work day for me. Not saying that those who don't wear makeup aren't presenting themselves properly.....I'm just saying that I normally wear it so I feel compelled not to change anything just because I work from home.
Daycare Diva 05:43 AM 03-08-2012
Bronzer, mascara, lip gloss and earrings everyday. I also wear my hair in a ponytail, a bun or sometimes I braid it the night before so it can be wavy. My attire is jeans and a long sleeve tshirt in the winter and capris and a short sleeve tshirt in the summer.
Countrygal 06:21 AM 03-08-2012
I wear eye make-up and sometimes some blush. I do wear jewelry most days (necklace and earrings). I love jewelry. *blush*

I've never worn full make-up much.
MsMe 07:27 AM 03-09-2012
I wear makeup everyday...much to my bf's dislike...he says he likes me best right after a shower....but I just can't face the day without it.

As for my hair I blow dry and give it a quick once over with the flat iron (chin length bob) and NO product..yuk!!

I wear black cotton pants and a hoodie everyday.
Tags:makeup
Reply Up