Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:15 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default How do you charge for part time?

I am revamping my pricing for part time care and looking for some input.

Right now, I don't charge differently for 2, 3 or 4 day care. I charge $5 more per day than full time. I do know that I want to charge more for 2 than 3 days/week.

How do you set your part time rates?
Old 05-26-2015, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by childcaremom View Post
I am revamping my pricing for part time care and looking for some input.

Right now, I don't charge differently for 2, 3 or 4 day care. I charge $5 more per day than full time. I do know that I want to charge more for 2 than 3 days/week.

How do you set your part time rates?
I don't do part time but I do offer care on a 3, 4 or 5 day a week basis. Anything less than 3 days a week is drop in and drop in care is expensive and not guaranteed.

Rates are

3 set (same) days $X per day = weekly rate
3 varying days $X plus $3.5 per day = weekly rate

Families using 4 days a week pay about $1 less per day than 3 days
Families using 5 days a week pay about $1 less per day than 4 days

HTH
Old 05-26-2015, 10:33 AM
Daycare.com Member

My part time is per day, not based on hours. They pay whether they are here 1 or 10 hours (max cap of 10 hours per day) I have a 2, 3, 4 day, and a full time rate. Part time is more than full time if you break it down.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:46 AM

I think I am going to end up doing something like:
2 day rate
3 day rate
4 day rate
5 day rate

I thought I had seen someone post a while back how they set their rates using a percentage based on the days in attendance but can't find the post for the life of me.

Anyways, my big dilemma is that I am limited in the number of kids I can have (as we all are) but I am unwilling to give one of my full time spot to someone who needs flexible days. I've always just charged for the full time spot. I still plan to do this.

I would like to now be able to charge according to 2, 3 or 4 days of part time instead of a blanket pt rate.

I've got some ideas now. Thanks!
Old 05-26-2015, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by childcaremom View Post
I think I am going to end up doing something like:
2 day rate
3 day rate
4 day rate
5 day rate

I thought I had seen someone post a while back how they set their rates using a percentage based on the days in attendance but can't find the post for the life of me.

Anyways, my big dilemma is that I am limited in the number of kids I can have (as we all are) but I am unwilling to give one of my full time spot to someone who needs flexible days. I've always just charged for the full time spot. I still plan to do this.

I would like to now be able to charge according to 2, 3 or 4 days of part time instead of a blanket pt rate.

I've got some ideas now. Thanks!
I charge a bit higher rate for those interested in varying days....depending on how many days. I like the slower days but don't want to give up a full time space for someone who works a varying schedule either.

What I do though is make sure I tell families using anything less than 4 days a week that IF a full time family comes along, I may exercise my option to enroll full time. I offer the space to the family using less than 5 days but if they decline to pay for (using or not) 5 days, then I'll take the 5 day family as I am a business first and foremost so generating the most income is my goal.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:03 PM
Daycare.com Member

My pay scale -
2 days a week $320 a month
3 days a week $455 a month
4 days a week $555 a month
5 days a week $600 a month

$40 for a drop in

I am on the pricier side. But the kinds of families say I'm a deal compared to the caliber of center they would go with otherwise.

I make more with 2 kids coming 2 days a week than I do with 1 kid coming full time I like it that way
Old 05-26-2015, 01:19 PM

I offer 2, 3, 4 or 5 day a week care, although right now I have Fridays off and I'm not looking to go back to 5 days a week any time soon! I do not break it down by hours and you pay your weekly rate whether you come or not. The weekly rate for 2 days comes out to more per day than 4 days.

For example:
4 days - $160/wk ($40/day)
3 days - $126/wk ($42/day)
2 days - $88/wk ($44/day)
Drop in $46/day
Old 05-27-2015, 07:08 AM
Daycare.com Member

I used to do a 3 day minimum. So I would have a 3 day rate (but they could bring them only 1 or 2 days and still pay the 3 day rate).

So then it would look like:

3 days=$x
4 days-$xx ( a little more per day)
5 days=$xxx (a little more than 4 days per day)

Drop In: too expensive, lol, but available at a pretty high rate and subject to availability.

I forget the exact numbers as I am retired now.

The above worked very well because I could never make less than 3 days pay except for drop in. I rarely got drop in though.

Laurel

Tags
part time care rates